login

Author Topic: The adorable pictures thread.  (Read 425405 times)

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
Re: The adorable pictures thread.
« Reply #555 on: March 22, 2012, 01:21:04 PM »
I love sweet cat stories.  I'm going have to post pics of mine.

I don't get why people don't want black cats, stupid superstitions I guess.  They're my favorites.  When My beloved Mr. Kitty died at 16 I looked for a black cat, but couldn't find one I clicked with.  Finally found Mika, a tuxedo.  Also call him mini Magnum, because of his little half mustache.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5068
« Reply #556 on: March 22, 2012, 04:10:18 PM »
Funny thing is: someone once told me that in Ireland black cats are considered lucky [I'm part Irish, but that had no bearing on my decision to get him, I've simply never been superstitious (knock wood! ;))].  On some History channel or Discovery channel show, I heard that black cats were also considered lucky on sailing ships in roughly 'pre-black death' Europe.  Then people got stupid and killed ALL the cats they could get a hold of (in divine punishment for hurting cats, that guaranteed that the plague would spread further since the rat population - the bearers of the fleas that were the carriers - then went nuts).  Black cats apparently never really recovered their status after that.  [Witch hunts didn't help.]

My own interest in them started as a kid since they were a 'mascot' for my favorite holiday: Halloween.

Shirt.Woot.com has a tee that I ordered the instant I saw it, in honor of Lucas.  I got mine just in time for St Patrick's Day.  Oddly enough, it fits this thread (as well as my copy of the shirt fitting my torso).  It's still available from them for an indeterminate time if anyone's interested (click the picture: it's a link and it'll take you there).

« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 01:49:38 AM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7407
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #557 on: March 22, 2012, 05:05:15 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7JC6gRpYab4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7JC6gRpYab4</a>
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #558 on: March 22, 2012, 05:41:25 PM »
In March, though, before she died, an afternoon of playtime with her when I put her on my face like a beard inspired my comic, Catbeard the Pirate. She has a legacy now, and I'll always be grateful to her.

This is both a great story and a great picture.  It took me a bit, but I finally realized why it looks 'familiar': your art style for this makes me think of what a grown-up 'Buford' from Phineas and Ferb would look like!   :)

[By the way, there's an extra http://, and then a superfluous " at the beginning of the link to the website in that post.  Just letting you know so people can get to it easier.]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 544
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #559 on: March 22, 2012, 06:39:49 PM »
[By the way, there's an extra http://, and then a superfluous " at the beginning of the link to the website in that post.  Just letting you know so people can get to it easier.]

Derp. To be honest, I had severe problems concentrating while I was posting that because of severe weepiness.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #560 on: March 22, 2012, 06:57:55 PM »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I love how he can't stop looking at the camera.

In March, though, before she died, an afternoon of playtime with her when I put her on my face like a beard inspired my comic, Catbeard the Pirate. She has a legacy now, and I'll always be grateful to her.

This is both a great story and a great picture.

I love this picture. She's like "You can't be serious. Is that what you think I look like?!?"
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 544
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #561 on: March 22, 2012, 07:59:46 PM »
I love this picture. She's like "You can't be serious. Is that what you think I look like?!?"

Haha - with her, it was usually more like, "Hurry! Sit down so I can snuggle on your lap!" BIG cuddler, that kitty.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
« Reply #562 on: March 23, 2012, 06:24:30 AM »
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
« Reply #563 on: March 23, 2012, 06:28:15 AM »
Morbo demands more pictures of cute bats!

dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #564 on: March 23, 2012, 10:36:32 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0EEfjUGc1Io?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0EEfjUGc1Io?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #565 on: March 23, 2012, 05:27:21 PM »
There are black bears in TN. Last I heard, people were trying to get permits to shoot them.

YEEHAW GUNS N KILLIN

Reminds me of the Monty Python line:  "I love animals...   that's why I like to kill 'em!"
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 06:44:06 PM by LucasM »

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3187
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #566 on: March 23, 2012, 11:30:09 PM »
There are black bears in TN. Last I heard, people were trying to get permits to shoot them.

YEEHAW GUNS N KILLIN

Reminds me of the Monty Python line:  "I love animals...   that's why I love to kill 'em!"

The wings of a fully grown male mosquito can in fact fetch anything up to point eight of a penny on the open market.

Wow, I broke the DVD set out last night and that was one of the ones I watched....

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #567 on: March 24, 2012, 01:45:46 PM »

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #568 on: March 25, 2012, 11:02:43 AM »

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #569 on: March 25, 2012, 12:35:08 PM »

I didn't know that Perry had a brother (or sister)!