login

Author Topic: I haven't re-authored in a while...  (Read 3891 times)

Offline Jonny Jit

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
    • http://www.myspace.com/jonnyjit
I haven't re-authored in a while...
« on: September 29, 2011, 02:26:17 AM »
What's the program to rip newer DVD's.  I know I could search the forums but I'd rather just ask since one of you nice people will probably just tell me...then make me feel like a noob ass. 

Any help would be nice...thanks :)
Me Stan. Bachomp Ba chuey chomp.  Ba Chuey chomp.

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
Re: I haven't re-authored in a while...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 06:26:58 AM »
I would be curious too if anybody else had trouble ripping this movie.  I could only come up with a movie that was 1:07 instead of 1:54 long.  I finally recorded the movie off of on demand but it's not the better looking widescreen I would get from a DVD.  I was using DVDFab 8 but not the latest version. 
And I'm worse than Hitler.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 06:37:02 AM »
What's the program to rip newer DVD's.  I know I could search the forums but I'd rather just ask since one of you nice people will probably just tell me...then make me feel like a noob ass. 

Any help would be nice...thanks :)
AnyDVD is what I use 8)

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • God rest you Brother.
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 07:59:21 AM »
Got the latest version of DVDFab and now I had no problem copying the movie.  Gonna make a widescreen  re-author now.  I'm happy. 

Offline Jonny Jit

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
    • http://www.myspace.com/jonnyjit
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 02:47:49 PM »
Thanks for the help...these are kinda pricey.  Is there anything a little more economical out there?  I'll probably roll with the DVD fab one tho...
Me Stan. Bachomp Ba chuey chomp.  Ba Chuey chomp.

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 275
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 02:53:40 PM »
Hmmm...AnyDVD *claims* to have removed the copy protection but I still get a "EAccessViolation" error when trying to use DVDDecrypter. Any suggestions?

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • God rest you Brother.
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 03:14:31 PM »
Thanks for the help...these are kinda pricey.  Is there anything a little more economical out there?  I'll probably roll with the DVD fab one tho...

I used the free part of DVDFab and so far it's worked for me.

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 275
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 04:51:06 PM »

Me too! Thanks for that! (Now, why the heck did I buy AnyDVD a while back?)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 05:27:08 PM »
DVDFab has failed more times than DVD Shrink has for me and pretty much no longer use Fab anymore..

AnyDVD has gotten all of my tough ones ripped to my hard drive then I just use DVD Shrink to compress them to a 4.7g DVD, capture the movie in Pinnacle Studio 9.4 (newer versions have hardware conflicts and are finicky) then add the RiffTrax mp3, sync it up, adjust the volumes as necessary, and lret it render the disc then Done! Ready to watch in 5.1 surround sound on my home theater system ;D
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 05:28:47 PM by RVR II »

Offline Blaine

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 02:43:18 PM »
I found, for whatever reason, my Riff fell out of sync as soon as Loki goes to Jotunheim. It wasn't a gradual desyncing that you'll get if you try and use NTSC with a PAL video or vice versa, but just a sudden 3 second offset from that point forward.

I just padded the riff a little in the middle and it lined up fine.

Offline qlopp

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 12:05:48 PM »
DVDFab has failed more times than DVD Shrink has for me and pretty much no longer use Fab anymore..

AnyDVD has gotten all of my tough ones ripped to my hard drive then I just use DVD Shrink to compress them to a 4.7g DVD, capture the movie in Pinnacle Studio 9.4 (newer versions have hardware conflicts and are finicky) then add the RiffTrax mp3, sync it up, adjust the volumes as necessary, and lret it render the disc then Done! Ready to watch in 5.1 surround sound on my home theater system ;D

RVR, maybe you answered this in your techotype, but what program did you use to rip Thor to your HD with (using AnyDVD in the background)?  Also since you mention shrinking to 4.7G, I presume you are talking about the standard version of Thor, not Blu-ray, correct?

I have tried a couple different ways to rip the standard version Thor to HD.  I got the error eegah mentioned with DVD Decrypter and got several different errors with Nero 7 depending on rip to HD or direct disc copy.  I am trying to get the DVD into files AKA video_ts folder format.

Thanks!

Offline qlopp

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 03:48:42 PM »

RE: last questions,

I bought AnyDVD years ago and totally forgot that it has it's own ripping capability.  After posting and rethinking the obvious, AnyDVD seems to have ripped the disc to HD in file mode successfully as evident by a full 1:54:30ish movie time and glitch-free skipping of chapters beginning to the end, then playing out the credits / bonus scene.

I still need to get this back to disc to use DVD Decrypter for demuxing the audio (unless I am ignorant of its capabilities as well) , or use another demuxing program.  Will play around with it tonight.

Danecho1967

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 01:47:26 PM »
I miss the timecode synch in the readme.  It gives you a good idea how much of the intro riff you can put at the beginning of the re-author.  I'm sure it's just extra unneccessary work for them, though.

Offline AbsoluteDeicide

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 05:17:08 AM »
I use Ideal DVD to AVI converter to rip, AVS Video Editor to sync and edit.  Both were reasonably priced, and AVS came with a crapload of different software to edit, copy, and generally mess around with audio/video.  It has a ripper as well, but I was having trouble with copyrighted movies.  Plus, the Ideal AVI converter is ridiculously fast comparatively.

With Ideal you can download a trial and rip 10 movies for free to see if you like it with no watermarks or anything.  I forget if AVS had the same thing, but it's so feature heavy my head almost exploded the first few times I tried to do something with it.

I feel like I just wrote an infomercial...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 05:22:14 AM by AbsoluteDeicide »

Offline Zombie

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 1
  • The Angelina is Effin Hawt Army!!1!
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2011, 01:17:52 PM »

Me too! Thanks for that! (Now, why the heck did I buy AnyDVD a while back?)

I've been using AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter forever and need to learn how to use DVDFab to demux Thor.  Can anyone point me at a tutorial for DVDFab to end up with M2V (video) and AC3 (5.1 audio)?  There are a lot of options and I'd rather not fumble though new software if I can help it.  Maybe even chapter info (IfoEdit format) as well would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!