login

Author Topic: Reauthor issues  (Read 3444 times)

Offline Droosies

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
Reauthor issues
« on: September 27, 2011, 09:16:15 PM »
Trying to reauthor Thor.  Anyone have any idea which file I need to download on rejig?

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
Re: Reauthor issues
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 03:18:24 PM »
I don't think rejig will work at all on this DVD.  Try the latest version of DVDFab.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 03:22:07 PM by Lemming Howard »
And I'm worse than Hitler.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 05:15:49 PM »
Or AnyDVD - Worked for me 8)

Danecho1967

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 08:17:18 AM »
Just an addendum to the conversation here.

I was able to decrypt the movie with DVDFab I used the version that was 1 hour, 52 minutes and 4 seconds.  I didn't remember the movie being that long, so I looked it up on IMDB and found the the actual runtime was 1 hour, 15 minutes.

So, I verified that the complete movie was there, by mounting the iso to a virtual drive and watching it with Media Player.  After the credits, the movie starts again at the fire-breathing robot street fight scene and plays through to the end again.

I used DVDshrink to create another iso and used the start/end settings function in the reauthor menu to chop the extra crap off the end, thus creating a 1:15 (correct sized) iso of the movie.

I just thought this info would be useful.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 10:10:57 AM »
Both of those runtimes are wrong,sorry to say.  The runtime of my Blu Ray copy is 1 hour 54 minutes,it's nowhere near as short as one hour fifteen minutes. This is one case where IMDB is wrong.

Danecho1967

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 10:29:42 AM »
I'll be able to give a definitive confirmation in a few hours when the sync is complete, but, at this time it does appear that the lack of a Sync track is caused by the issue that I mentioned above.  (The "junk data" that Thrashalla mentions in another thread.)  I have confirmed from multiple sites that the running time should be 1 hour,15 minutes.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 10:32:06 AM by Dan-Echo »

Doctor Who?

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 10:38:55 AM »
I'll be able to give a definitive confirmation in a few hours when the sync is complete, but, at this time it does appear that the lack of a Sync track is caused by the issue that I mentioned above.  (The "junk data" that Thrashalla mentions in another thread.)  I have confirmed from multiple sites that the running time should be 1 hour,15 minutes.

Maybe 115 minutes,it takes about 40 minutes just to get to earth for the first time. It's longer then 75 minutes.

Danecho1967

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 10:40:21 AM »
Than, and you appear to be right.  This is the worst reauthor I've ever had to deal with.  I'll figure it out, somehow.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 11:01:17 AM »
Than, and you appear to be right.  This is the worst reauthor I've ever had to deal with.  I'll figure it out, somehow.

You are welcome.

I had the same problem when i tried to rip The Incredibles to my iPod and for some reason only an hour and ten minutes of that movie would rip. I never did find a way to fix the problem.

Danecho1967

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 11:17:00 AM »
Well, let's just say I thought I had the latest version of DVDFab.  Looks like I'm back in business.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2646
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 11:38:52 AM »
FYI: The runtime for the rifftrax mp3 is 1:57:38

So the 1:54 runtime for the movie is correct.

Danecho1967

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 12:16:56 PM »
Got a clean rip from the latest version of DVDFab.  (I feel like an idiot, as well I should.)

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 151
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 12:48:02 PM »
This was a pain for me as well. AnyDVD didn't get all the junk sectors, so DVD Decrypter wouldn't do it, and AnyDVD wouldn't rip an ISO of the of the DVD, so I had to have AnyDVD rip the movie, convert it to a MPEG2, rip the audio from the MPEG2, sync it to that, and then go about normally.

I assume that only those who are worthy may rip this movie cleanly, and very few of us are worthy to rip the power of Thor.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

shodan

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 02:11:57 PM »
Ahhh, this is fucking ridiculous.  Don't they know that people are going to find a way to rip it no matter what? Assholes.
yea but some people enjoy the sport on both sides of the rip.