8 (24.2%)
2 (6.1%)
0 (0%)
1 (3%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Rank a Thor  (Read 6682 times)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
Re: Rank a Thor
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 09:21:45 AM »
Enjoyable, but it came off as a bit by-the-numbers.

7/10

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 02:17:13 PM »
I give it an 8. Fresh and funny, but still a bit "standard stupid comic book movie riff" but I blame that on the movie.

I lol'ed quite a lot during this one!!
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Watchman

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 04:53:22 AM »
I gave this 7 Human Stains. I loved all the Branagh jokes, though the riff as a whole didn't seem quite as sharp as it could have been.

They should do more 80's fantasy-action-adventures. I loved Highlander. I'd rather they did something like Dragonslayer/Beastmaster/Willow than the new Transformers. The problem with most recent blockbusters is that they get bogged down in tiresome action spectacle. Action-adventure films from a couple of decades ago tend to provide much more breathing room for riffs. Does that make sense?

Offline Blaine

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2011, 04:54:48 PM »
I'm calling it a 9. In the great grand Rifftrax scheme probably a 8 or so, but the fact that it really made me laugh hard on a couple occasions and it made the movie a lot more interesting gets a bonus point.

One thing I didn't care for was they went to the "How dare you compare..." well twice in one Riff.

Did they? I remember the Jersey Shore one. Guess I have an excuse to watch this again.

Yup. "How dare you impune the name of 'Roadhouse'".

Danecho1967

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2011, 05:42:33 PM »
Watched it again today.  Actually there was a third "how dare your impugn" riff. 

"We're not in Kansas anymore."  "How dare you... (etc.)" 

Offline AbsoluteDeicide

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2011, 04:34:36 AM »
I gave it a 7.  I found it most of it mildly amusing, but didn't really laugh out loud that much.  I wasn't that impressed for the first 2/3rds or so, but toward the end it picked up steam.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 05:23:33 PM »
I gave it a seven. Not one of their best but still funny of course.

What was with all the bashing on Kat Dennings' character? Seemed kinda out of nowhere. Was her character really loathsome?
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2011, 09:03:35 AM »
What did Thor actually do to redeem himself?

Biggest plot hole in the movie.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2640
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2011, 10:14:31 AM »

He took on Gort robot incinerator thing without any weapons, sort of sacrificing himself for his friends.  Just a little thinking of others was a big step for him...

What?  That isn't enough to be worthy of being a god king?

Yeah, the frost giants seemed to shrink as the movie went on, wasn't the frost king way bigger at the start of the movie?

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 10:32:17 AM »

He took on Gort robot incinerator thing without any weapons, sort of sacrificing himself for his friends.  Just a little thinking of others was a big step for him...

I guess I mean--what exactly moved him in this direction? We didn't see any development of his personality on Earth. He had like 3 scenes, and two of those were eating or drinking.

Ahh, well, uh, I guess time spent as comic relief is pretty humbling for a spoiled brat/child/man/god....   And he couldn't lift his hammer, that changes a guy.  ;)

shodan

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2011, 04:04:26 PM »
i have to say the whole sent to earth without his powers is drastically different from what they did in the comic. which is why this seems kind of meh. and not thought out.

Watchman

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2011, 09:28:03 PM »
I loved the product placement jokes. Can someone remind me what innocuous cereal they fixated on? (I keep thinking Honey Bunches of Oats but know that's not it, it was some other "healthy" cereal). I thought it was great fixation humour in the "Vader hates sand" vein.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5707
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2011, 09:39:13 PM »
Maybe I'm just used to it, but I didn't really notice the product placement while I was watching this the first time. That, or maybe I thought Kashi Go Lean cereal was a fake brand they made up as a joke, since it sounds so COMPLETELY UNAPPEALING.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2011, 11:13:22 PM »
Maybe I'm just used to it, but I didn't really notice the product placement while I was watching this the first time. That, or maybe I thought Kashi Go Lean cereal was a fake brand they made up as a joke, since it sounds so COMPLETELY UNAPPEALING.

Yep. Kashi Go Lean Crunch. See, it's less disgusting because of the Crunch.

No, really, it's just as disgusting.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2011, 11:35:00 PM »

It's real:

http://www.kashi.com/products/golean_crunch