login

Author Topic: THOR now available!!!  (Read 5168 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
THOR now available!!!
« on: September 27, 2011, 10:31:59 AM »
http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/thor

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PewHLeAblqA?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PewHLeAblqA?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Thor is the rare superhero movie that raises important questions. Namely, the important question “If Thor was considered the good superhero movie of 2011, just exactly how wretched must Green Lantern have been?”

Yes, Thor, for all its critical acclaim, features not one, not two, but three distinct scenes of our hero being rendered unconscious for comedic effect all within five minutes of each other! (For the record, in order: Thor is tazed, injected and hit by a van. Rumor has it the Extended Cut features a scene where he is trampled by a hungry hippo.)

No doubt this cartoonish buffoonery is the touch of acclaimed director Kenneth Branagh, whose intention for Thor seems to have been “Let’s bring out the Shakespearean elements of the comic book, but instead of soliloquies, we’ll have grunting, and instead of intrigue, more grunting.” Sadly, Branagh fails to deliver on the demands made by the most hardcore Thor fans, that he bring to the silver screen the short lived 1985 plot line where Loki turns
Thor into a frog and he helps other frogs defeat some rats (this actually happened and you should look it up right now.)

So you don’t get any frogs, but you do get fanservice, a thoroughly implausible love story and performance by Sir Anthony Hopkins that were it any more phoned in, would be conducted through two tin cans and a piece of string. Mike, Kevin and Bill needed a nice long Odinsleep once this one was over.

http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/thor
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline kq2076

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Re: THOR now available!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 11:03:46 AM »
Thank you for this description. I was beginning to think I was the only one who didn't like this flik

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 988
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 01:19:40 PM »
Oh, heck yes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 01:28:42 PM »
"I'm going to smile agreeably and then take my shirt off at the creature."

:D
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 466
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 06:59:10 PM »
Just FYI, you have to endure Dis' singing for this but there's riffing for the post-credits scene.

Offline Tony

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Oooooooooklahoma! Where the wind comes sweepin'...
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 09:24:23 AM »
Just FYI, you have to endure Dis' singing for this but there's riffing for the post-credits scene.

It's always hilarious to hear Dis dissing a song, but I found myself putting in a chapter marker for the post-credit scene. I'm pretty sure everyone has their own personal "tortured cat signing" threshold. :P

And I thought it interesting that the last scene makes this Riff go literally all the way to the very last second of the film. I don't think I have another Riff that does that...

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 735
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 03:20:42 PM »

It's always hilarious to hear Dis dissing a song, but I found myself putting in a chapter marker for the post-credit scene. I'm pretty sure everyone has their own personal "tortured cat signing" threshold. :P

And I thought it interesting that the last scene makes this Riff go literally all the way to the very last second of the film. I don't think I have another Riff that does that...

Yeah, I found that extremely annoying in this case. I guess I could just turn down the volume on the riff, but I always write down the time code difference so I can skip around in the movie (for reasons exactly like this), calculate the riff time and resync it without any difficulty.

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 151
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 08:01:59 AM »

You do if you own the Iron Man riff.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline Tony

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Oooooooooklahoma! Where the wind comes sweepin'...
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 08:31:30 AM »

You do if you own the Iron Man riff.

Damn! Now you made me go and look.

Thor: 1.5 seconds of silence before end of film
Iron Man: 15 seconds

And we all benefit from the guys squeezing out the last drop of Rifftrax goodness. :)

Edit: Maybe I shouldn't put it quite that way...

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 10:46:11 PM »
Shadow was was played by Ennio Girolami who also played President Henry Clark in Escape 2000.   He has quite the range.

VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!