Author Topic: Anything New This Season That Warrants Viewing?  (Read 43780 times)

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4935
  • Mr. Robot
Re: Anything New This Season That Warrants Viewing?
« Reply #315 on: September 26, 2016, 11:58:20 PM »
Yeah, weird right?  Pleasant surprise to see some of the old folks again.  Whose next?  Junkyard?

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #316 on: September 27, 2016, 12:28:11 AM »
yeah, back from the dead.  naturally drifted away from the board, but i still lurk every now and then.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4935
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #317 on: September 27, 2016, 12:36:36 AM »
Cool.  Glad to see you back!

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4509
« Reply #318 on: September 29, 2016, 11:39:47 AM »
The trailer for the Netflix original Marvel's Luke Cage looks good.  Season 1 drops on Netflix Friday (9/30).

Since I only recently got Netflix streaming, with new seasons of shows, are they available at 12:01am, or some time later in the day?

If 12am, then I can look forward to seeing at least four episodes tonight before bed. :)
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2544
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #319 on: September 29, 2016, 12:52:28 PM »
The trailer for the Netflix original Marvel's Luke Cage looks good.  Season 1 drops on Netflix Friday (9/30).

Since I only recently got Netflix streaming, with new seasons of shows, are they available at 12:01am, or some time later in the day?

If 12am, then I can look forward to seeing at least four episodes tonight before bed. :)

I know it's in the morning of the day listed, but I've never seen them at 12 or 1 AM eastern time, so it must be sometime after 12 AM Pacific Time.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #320 on: September 29, 2016, 12:56:42 PM »

I know it's in the morning of the day listed, but I've never seen them at 12 or 1 AM eastern time, so it must be sometime after 12 AM Pacific Time.

Thanks!  Well... maybe I can get one or two episodes in before bed, depending.  [I suppose I could call their Customer Service and ask... if I do, I'll post what they tell me here.]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #321 on: September 29, 2016, 01:33:21 PM »
Just finished talking to someone in Customer Service at Netflix.  The person looked for the info for a good five minutes.  There is apparently neither a set time for releases of new Netflix-original shows across-the-board, nor is there an 'in print' time he could find for the release of Luke Cage by itself.  :P  The best he could do was to say, "if you've marked it as interested, it will show up in your 'My List' when it becomes available."

Not ideal, by any means.  I guess just every hour on the hour I'll stop whatever I'm already watching and check in with 'My List' to see if it showed up yet. ::)  I suspect your "Midnight Western time zone" idea is most likely, MartyS.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 01:35:00 PM by LucasM »

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2544
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #322 on: September 29, 2016, 01:44:32 PM »
When I buy season passes at Amazon the new episodes usually go live 4am eastern. 

When Chelsea first started, Netflix used to say new episodes would drop 12 or 1 AM Pacific time Wed,Thurs,Fri.  That show almost got annoying enough for me to stop watching it, but it has leveled off to slightly less annoying and just funny enough for me to continue to check out new episodes.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #323 on: September 29, 2016, 02:19:18 PM »
When I buy season passes at Amazon the new episodes usually go live 4am eastern. 

When Chelsea first started, Netflix used to say new episodes would drop 12 or 1 AM Pacific time Wed,Thurs,Fri.  That show almost got annoying enough for me to stop watching it, but it has leveled off to slightly less annoying and just funny enough for me to continue to check out new episodes.

"4am eastern"  ...hmm... so Midnight Alaskan time zone.  Interesting choice. ;D  I have noticed that Amazon changes over their 'Orders' 'Open Orders' references (e.g. "arriving tomorrow", "arriving today") at 4am also.

I think I've only seen two episodes of Chelsea.  One was the round-table with the Civil War actors, the other with Mike Coulter.  If Chelsea doesn't get too cynical and negative and dominate discussions, I can tolerate and even enjoy her and her humor (i.e. in smaller doses than what was on her 'E!' show).  But I don't care for cynicism, nihilism, and seeing others as 'less human' as a way of perceiving the world, so at times she's a bit much for me.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6774
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #324 on: September 29, 2016, 02:23:14 PM »
"4am eastern"  ...hmm... so Midnight Alaskan time zone.  Interesting choice. ;D  I have noticed that Amazon changes over their 'Orders' 'Open Orders' references (e.g. "arriving tomorrow", "arriving today") at 4am also.

what time zone is hawaii? that would ensure that the digital release happens that day for all of the u.s.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #325 on: September 29, 2016, 02:36:41 PM »

what time zone is hawaii? that would ensure that the digital release happens that day for all of the u.s.

Apparently it is one time zone further West than Alaska (so four hours later than Eastern).  So they don't quite do 'all the U.S. at once', unless they allow Hawaii to have things at 11pm the 'night before'.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #326 on: September 30, 2016, 01:11:35 AM »
3am Eastern.  That's when Luke Cage went live.  ;D  Likin' it.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #327 on: February 08, 2017, 05:24:51 PM »
Has this been largely a season of failures?  Most of the new shows I've tried have, over time, become less and less interesting for a variety of reasons.  Some seem to have failed straight out of the gate.

Last week I tried Powerless (the DC sitcom about a Wayne R&D department), and found it far too much typical sitcom (i.e. not at all funny), and too little 'DC'.  I will likely give it a couple more weeks if I can stomach it, but the first episode is supposed to wow new audiences.  For me the only wow was, "wow, I am so bored: this is so clich├ęd and trite!"

I am looking forward to the albeit brief season of Legion starting tonight (only 8 episodes).  From what little promo stuff I've allowed myself to see of it [I hate spoilers, for those who don't know] it looks like it might kick some serious psychological butt, mixed in with the mutant antics.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5583
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #328 on: February 08, 2017, 07:13:31 PM »
Eh, I can't get interested in Legion. Sorry, but it's just not Legion without the silly hair:

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3042
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #329 on: February 08, 2017, 09:33:08 PM »
Should he be played by Kid or Play?