login

Author Topic: Anything New This Season That Warrants Viewing?  (Read 47777 times)

soguru

Re: Anything New This Season That Warrants Viewing?
« Reply #300 on: October 26, 2015, 04:26:58 PM »
I finally finished the first 3 seasons of Arrested Development a few weeks ago, so I ordered the fourth season on DVD, used. If anyone hasn't realized it yet, I really have a hard time with Digital only media.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4662
« Reply #301 on: September 22, 2016, 04:49:31 PM »
Well, so far, I have to agree with the pre-airdate critics statements: Designated Survivor looks like it has the chops to potentially last a long time and remain interesting while doing so.  I certainly am looking forward to seeing more.  Given my TV and film-watching preferences, that's saying a lot for me.  [Doesn't mean others will like it, but if you find the idea even marginally intriguing I think it's worth checking out at least.]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2654
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #302 on: September 22, 2016, 04:59:49 PM »
Well, so far, I have to agree with the pre-airdate critics statements: Designated Survivor looks like it has the chops to potentially last a long time and remain interesting while doing so.  I certainly am looking forward to seeing more.  Given my TV and film-watching preferences, that's saying a lot for me.  [Doesn't mean others will like it, but if you find the idea even marginally intriguing I think it's worth checking out at least.]

Cool, I was hoping it would be!

Also: The Good Place is wonderful. Michael Schur can do no wrong!
FINE

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3213
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #303 on: September 22, 2016, 08:19:36 PM »
Son of Zorn ain't bad. Has the potential to be really good, actually.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #304 on: September 22, 2016, 08:39:58 PM »
Son of Zorn ain't bad. Has the potential to be really good, actually.

Yeah - I wasn't blown away, but pilots are not the best way to judge a series, especially when they need to do some world-building like this one did. It certainly has laughs and promise.

Plus Last Man on Earth was a slow build, and suddenly it was one of the best shows going.
FINE

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 582
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #305 on: September 22, 2016, 09:07:40 PM »
I think I'm getting addicted to digital tv/movie purchases. I just picked up some random episodes of Mythbusters, Game of Thrones and The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey thru Amazon. I already miss Mythbusters so much.  :'(

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #306 on: September 22, 2016, 09:30:44 PM »
I'll have to check out The Good Place, Son of Zorn, and Last Man on Earth.  :)  Thanks!
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2666
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #307 on: September 22, 2016, 10:27:16 PM »
I think I'm getting addicted to digital tv/movie purchases. I just picked up some random episodes of Mythbusters, Game of Thrones and The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey thru Amazon. I already miss Mythbusters so much.  :'(

Mythbusters was unique, and I miss it, but it was not as good the last few seasons, so it's probably for the best it went out on a high note with the special stuff they did the last bunch of episodes.

Buying shows and movies through services like Amazon has completely ruined me for regular TV, can't stand commercials now, it's even hard to watch live sports.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 582
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #308 on: September 23, 2016, 06:14:39 PM »
Buying shows and movies through services like Amazon has completely ruined me for regular TV, can't stand commercials now, it's even hard to watch live sports.
I'm okay with commercials. Every weeknight I try to watch Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune with my folks, so commercial breaks are kind of a mental necessity, if you follow me.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2666
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #309 on: September 25, 2016, 11:12:05 AM »
The trailer for the Netflix original Marvel's Luke Cage looks good.  Season 1 drops on Netflix Friday (9/30).

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #310 on: September 25, 2016, 04:01:08 PM »
The trailer for the Netflix original Marvel's Luke Cage looks good.  Season 1 drops on Netflix Friday (9/30).

Yeah, my finger's poised over my TV's 'Netflix' remote button already, just waiting for this. ;D  I have a feeling I'm going to like it even more than Jessica Jones and Daredevil.

Here's a great short article, and briefish interview with Cheo Hodari Coker (showrunner) about the general aspects of season one.  Nothing terribly spoilerish that hasn't already been presented in headlines in social media already.  [I don't know about the trailers' contents, I dislike spoilers so much I avoid watching even those when it comes to things I'm really anticipating.]

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #311 on: September 26, 2016, 05:02:54 AM »
I liked Pitch a lot more than I expected to.  It's a about a female pitcher getting called up to MLB.  I thought the first episode was really promising. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This Is Us, The Good Place and Designated Survivor are all looking pretty solid so far too.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #312 on: September 26, 2016, 01:53:46 PM »
I liked Pitch a lot more than I expected to.  It's a about a female pitcher getting called up to MLB.  I thought the first episode was really promising. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This Is Us, The Good Place and Designated Survivor are all looking pretty solid so far too.

I was intrigued by Pitch but haven't watched it yet. Let me know how the next few episodes are.

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #313 on: September 26, 2016, 11:12:10 PM »
From what i've seen of The Good Place so far, its interesting and has it own unique style.  Haven't seen anything like it before.  However, i hold out judgement because the premise to me seems to be WAY out there, and I don't have faith in the networks to allow something like that to find its voice.

I just finished watching the Designated Survivor pilot.  Nice to see Keifer Sutherland again, and i like what i saw.  Looks to be like a more serious Madam Secretary.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 11:15:35 PM by Ortega »

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #314 on: September 26, 2016, 11:52:33 PM »
*spittake.gif*

Ortega!
FINE