Author Topic: Anything New This Season That Warrants Viewing?  (Read 43812 times)

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3537
  • All joking a salad.
Re: Anything New This Season That Warrants Viewing?
« Reply #240 on: September 18, 2013, 01:06:20 PM »
Watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine last night.  I liked it.  I think it has a lot of potential.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2589
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #241 on: September 18, 2013, 05:19:33 PM »
Watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine last night.  I liked it.  I think it has a lot of potential.

Yeah, it was really fun.
FINE

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #242 on: September 18, 2013, 06:15:08 PM »
Getting back to Fringe, where every conversation should invariably lead, everyone should watch Almost Human on Nov 4!!!
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1507
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #243 on: September 18, 2013, 06:41:34 PM »

Yeah, it was really fun.

Agreed.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4509
« Reply #244 on: September 18, 2013, 07:25:09 PM »
Getting back to Fringe, where every conversation should invariably lead, everyone should watch Almost Human on Nov 4!!!

Yup, plan to.  Others I plan on trying:
Sep 24 - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Oct 9 - Tomorrow People
Sep 26 - The Crazy Ones [Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar? even disliking sitcoms, the WTF factor has me curious]
2014 Feb 24 - Intelligence
2014 Jan - Helix
2014 - Believe [more JJ Abrams]

Edit:  Forgot to add, will also be watching 'Masters of Sex' a dramatization of the pioneering work of William Masters and Virginia Johnson that began to bring America (and much of the world) out of the dark ages with regards to sexuality.  For RiffTrax folk, there's very familiar faces: Michael Sheen, the effeminate Volturi from Twilight is Wm Masters; Lizzie Caplan, 'head-expoloding-girl' from Cloverfield is Virginia Johnson [and, less direct RiffTrax relationship: Nicholas D'Agosto, the guy who played Claire, the indestructible cheerleader,'s boyfriend in season 2 of Heroes is a close colleague of Dr. Masters].
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 01:12:52 AM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4509
« Reply #245 on: October 03, 2013, 03:20:37 AM »
Well... updates:
Dropping Sleepy Hollow.  I got more and more bored with it for the second and third episodes, rather than drawn into it more.  Not a good sign... so it's 'apocalypse' for this series for me.

Saw the first episode of Gellar and Williams' The Crazy Ones.  Since I don't find sitcoms funny, the only interest was to see how the two would interact (and see if their compatibility would be of interest).  While it's second episode is on tonight, I think it is unlikely I'll continue with it.  Call me 'Crazy', but they are out of it as well.  Not good if you don't even smile once during a sitcom.  [I've tried other sitcoms in recent years (Parks and Recreation, and this year, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and The Michael J. Fox Show with the same result: not a single smile.  Sitcoms and I just don't get along I guess, so my NOT liking these doesn't necessarily mean that others won't enjoy them.]

Saw the first episode of 'Masters of Sex'.  I haven't read a biog about the history of the two [Masters and Johnson, for those who haven't read the post directly above this one], but I wouldn't be surprised if this is fairly accurate (if a tad melodramatic at times), given the time of this bit of history (the 50s).  This one I will likely keep watching for the time being.

I suspect my continuing to watch 'Marvel's Agents of SHIELD' is likely understood, given the posts I've made in that thread.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #246 on: October 03, 2013, 09:00:16 AM »
I just don't enjoy network TV dramas anymore.  They are all just a gimmick with no decent writing.  They are good for a couple episodes then it gets boring.  24 episodes is also way too much.  They need to go quality over quantity.  That's why cable dramas are kicking their butts.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6774
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #247 on: November 08, 2013, 07:09:00 AM »
holy shit, i'm watching ground floor, and it's one of the worst sitcoms i've seen in a long time (which is saying a lot). it's got john mcginley basically being dr cox from scrubs, but without any depth or good writing.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #248 on: November 08, 2013, 10:59:52 AM »
Golfyblind... get to IMDB post haste! You can be the first to write a review of the show! (In my experience, pretty much everything produced for TBS is not "very funny" at all... save for Conan... which was really just inherited from somewhere else)

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #249 on: November 08, 2013, 11:02:00 AM »
Is that where the term "post-haste" comes from?  Hastily posting things online?

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #250 on: November 08, 2013, 03:55:10 PM »
Golfyblind... get to IMDB post haste! You can be the first to write a review of the show! (In my experience, pretty much everything produced for TBS is not "very funny" at all... save for Conan... which was really just inherited from somewhere else)

TBS has basically taken the laugh track and translated it into written form.  Instead of laughing noises telling you something is supposed to be funny, they just have text do that.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #251 on: November 09, 2013, 06:15:08 AM »
@Midnight is a LOT of fun, captures a lot of the joy of shows like QI, Spicks 'n Specks, etc.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1507
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #252 on: November 09, 2013, 06:26:30 AM »
@Midnight is a LOT of fun, captures a lot of the joy of shows like QI, Spicks 'n Specks, etc.

My wife & I keep yelling "POINTS!" whenever someone IRL says something funny.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #253 on: November 10, 2013, 03:49:16 AM »

My wife & I keep yelling "POINTS!" whenever someone IRL says something funny.

Watching @Midnight quickly became a daily tradition when I come home from work in the early morning and Erica is still up.  The episode last week with Jonah Ray nearly broke us, I hope Chris has his Nerdist co-hosts on a lot.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #254 on: November 10, 2013, 05:56:23 AM »
I am in love with Brooklyn nine-nine. Andy Samberg/Andre Braugher are my favorite duo of ever!

The fact that Andy Samberg is one of the hottest comedy men out there certainly helps. Splooge.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D