Author Topic: RVR II's Star Trek thread.. Cause it's sure to veer off course!  (Read 275168 times)

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5002
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: RVR II's Star Trek thread.. Cause it's sure to veer off course!
« Reply #1800 on: February 26, 2018, 06:09:19 PM »
Just came across Star Trek: Of Gods and Men
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kFqAME7dx58" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kFqAME7dx58</a>
Forty years after their first mission, Chekov and Uhura, along with John Harriman, former Captain of the Enterprise-B, come together for the dedication of a very special ship. However, their reunion is cut short when they receive a distress call from an all-too-familiar planet, where they meet up with an almost-forgotten face, and in an instant something happens, or rather, doesn't happen, that presses the three friends to embark on a mission that will forever change their lives... The film stars Walter Koenig, Nichelle Nichols (Uhura and Chekov of the original series) and Alan Ruck (Captain John Harriman of the 7th Trek feature film, Star Trek Generations) along with Grace Lee Whitney (Janice Rand of the original series). Joining them are Garrett Wang (Star Trek: Voyager) and Ethan Phillips (Star Trek: Voyager as well as Star Trek: The Next Generation); Cirroc Lofton, Chase Masterson and JG Hertzler (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), Gary Graham and Crystal Allen (Star Trek: Enterprise), Herb Jefferson (Battlestar Galactica) plus Tim Russ (reprising his role as Tuvok from Star Trek: Voyager), who also directs the film. Producer Sky Conway and Deep Space Nine freelance storywriters Jack Trevino and Ethan H. Calk wrote OGAM. Director of photography is Doug Knapp. More than 50 film professionals (all Star Trek fans) have worked tirelessly to produce this labor of love! Originally released in three parts on the internet in 2008, this film is presented as a full 90 minute movie.
:o

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1801 on: February 26, 2018, 06:29:16 PM »
And also Renegades..
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE2Wgop9VLM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE2Wgop9VLM</a>
Star Trek Renegades is an independent fan funded and supported Internet television Series, produced by Sky Conway. Our pilot episode is completed and will be released to supporters in the very near future. Renegades features a combination of familiar Star Trek character and actors, plus a collection of hot, new rising actors. The Story: When a seemingly unstoppable new enemy threatens the very existence of the Earth, Admiral Pavel Chekov (Walter Koenig) is forced to work outside the boundaries of Starfleet’s rules to combat this deadly new foe. When planet after planet winks out of existence, yet Starfleet refuses to act, Chekov turns to Commander Tuvok (Tim Russ, who also directs), the new head of Starfleet’s covert operations division, Section 31. Together, they assemble a new elite strike-force, consisting of rogues, outcasts and criminals, led by the fearless yet haunted Lexxa Singh (Adrienne Wilkinson). The Renegades’ mission is simple: take on an army and stop their leader, Borrada (Bruce Young), from destroying the Earth. Outnumbered and outgunned, the ragtag crew is in an adrenaline-pumping race against time and space. But they soon find their foes are the least of their concerns: the real trouble may be coming from within! Star Trek: Renegades stars Walter Koenig (reprising his role as Admiral Chekov), Adrienne Wilkinson, Sean Young, Manu Intiraymi, Gary Graham, Robert Picardo, Corin Nemec, Bruce Young, Tim Russ, Chasty Ballesteros, Edward Furlong, Courtney Peldon, Larissa Gomes, Richard Herd and Herbert Jefferson Jr., and introducing Crystal Conway. Star Trek: Renegades - boldly going where no Trek has gone before!

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3092
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #1802 on: February 26, 2018, 07:54:25 PM »
Some of those fan films are OK.

I was a Kickstarter backer for Renegades: Requiem.  Then there was the big blow up with the other "fan" film producers that were behaving like professionals because they collected so much money, renting fancy offices and studios, paying themselves salaries, so CBS cracked down on all fan films.  In response Renegades had to rewrite their movie to take out all star trek references, and rename the characters and organizations.  They had already gone way beyond the new rules CBS put in place so there was no other option.   It was going to be the final mission of admiral Chekov, but they just dropped his name and Koenig simply played "the admiral", the federation became the confederation, so it was pretty easy to imagine it was still Star Trek.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1803 on: February 27, 2018, 03:17:38 AM »
I remember hearing about them and I guess I just forgot to follow up with the projects so I'm playing catch up.. Yeah I hate that CBS has really put a damper on things with the fan-made projects :-[
I'll check out the new creations sometime soon and post my take on them.

Offline The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5535
« Reply #1804 on: February 27, 2018, 11:16:15 AM »
So one of my favorite reviewers took a look at the infamous Sub Rosa.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RNESMHuFrrU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RNESMHuFrrU</a>
and now a review of Voyager's infamous Threshold...
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EYt-OI7LlTk" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EYt-OI7LlTk</a>
Surprised she didn't bring up the salamander children left behind.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3092
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #1805 on: February 27, 2018, 02:17:43 PM »
Ah, threshold, the worst episode of all of Star Trek.

Treknologic did a great podcast for that episode, one of the podcasters is a scientist and she just goes nuts at the horrible "science" in it.

http://www.treknologic.com/?p=1786

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1806 on: February 27, 2018, 02:27:33 PM »
Ah, threshold, the worst episode of all of Star Trek.
Yeah that was pretty bad but I think S1 Ep04: Code of Honor was worse :speechless:

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1807 on: February 28, 2018, 01:21:32 PM »
 :D :D :D

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6576
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1808 on: February 28, 2018, 01:26:38 PM »

Are these all of Kirk's bad toupees?

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7914
« Reply #1809 on: February 28, 2018, 01:27:38 PM »
Did Kirk like personally offend you somewhere along the way?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6576
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1810 on: February 28, 2018, 06:25:24 PM »
That was to the tune of Yesterday.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #1811 on: February 28, 2018, 06:40:42 PM »
Finished The Next Generation in it's entirety.  Finally.  Now to watch "Chaos on the Bridge", which I am given to understand is a pretty interesting documentary about the making of the show.

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1095
« Reply #1812 on: March 06, 2018, 07:01:50 AM »
Definitely FAR better than Yar's Revenge, I never did like that game. I swear to God, you put an Atari 2600 in front of me and I'll start screaming... That is NOT an invite for somebody to post animated gifs or pics of Atari 2600's in the thread. But I guess somebody is bound to do it anyway so... go ahead I guess.
"Russoguru is a naive jackass"

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3896
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #1813 on: March 06, 2018, 10:41:00 AM »

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1814 on: March 06, 2018, 10:42:55 AM »
Is that supposed to be a Klingon ship or a Ferengi ???