Author Topic: RVR II's Star Trek thread.. Cause it's sure to veer off course!  (Read 274640 times)

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1385
  • Monkey Brains!
Re: RVR II's Star Trek thread.. Cause it's sure to veer off course!
« Reply #1365 on: June 13, 2016, 07:41:31 AM »
We watched 'The Pegasus' last nice. Yay Riker!
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4995
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #1366 on: June 13, 2016, 09:06:27 AM »
That's a great episode!! :o

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7914
« Reply #1367 on: June 13, 2016, 02:00:41 PM »
Oh, the finale of Enterprise, you mean.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7914
« Reply #1369 on: June 14, 2016, 01:41:02 PM »
Ehhh. Let's keep the voyager shit out of the new show. In fact, keep all the old characters off screen.

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1089
  • Thank you, sweet Rabbit!
« Reply #1370 on: June 19, 2016, 01:59:48 PM »
That was one of the few TNG episodes where they really developed Riker's character. I think that was one thing about TNG... It seemed like with Riker they were always putting him in the role of "Cool action hero guy". He's an alright character but he's no Malcom Reynolds.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2517
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #1371 on: June 23, 2016, 05:43:24 PM »
A big heap of new guidelines were just published for Star Trek fan films to avoid lawsuits. They pretty much suck.

The first one limits your film to either a single 15 minute episode, or two with a limit of 30 minutes total.

Considering I've toyed with the idea of making a fanfic audio drama podcast set on a Starfleet ship, this isn't great news for me. Not a film, sure, but I imagine they would apply the same rules, which would kill the plans I had for a couple very long story arcs. I was nowhere near ready to make it, but it was a fun project to play with. Might still try it if I can bring myself to pry all the trademarks off it.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #1372 on: June 23, 2016, 05:52:14 PM »
A big heap of new guidelines were just published for Star Trek fan films to avoid lawsuits. They pretty much suck.

The first one limits your film to either a single 15 minute episode, or two with a limit of 30 minutes total.

Considering I've toyed with the idea of making a fanfic audio drama podcast set on a Starfleet ship, this isn't great news for me. Not a film, sure, but I imagine they would apply the same rules, which would kill the plans I had for a couple very long story arcs. I was nowhere near ready to make it, but it was a fun project to play with. Might still try it if I can bring myself to pry all the trademarks off it.
You know the way I see it, if you're making a Star Trek project, it's basically free advertising for Trek and Paramount, isn't it? I can understand the whole intellectual property thing to some degree, but I'd like to know what Gene Roddenberry would have had to say about this. Since he's been gone for a quarter century now.... sigh... obviously no way of knowing what he'd say but I find it hard to believe he'd object to Trekkies making their own fan films, as long as they're not profiting off them.

I know I'm sounding like a Rosy-Glassed optimist here, but Trek has inspired people to become Doctors, Astronauts, Scientists, Astronomers... if Trek can inspire people to make something-- let me just get to the point... I just don't see how anything like this could have harmed Paramount in any way, shape or form.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3090
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #1373 on: June 24, 2016, 10:51:08 PM »
Because of the crazy strict guidelines released by CBS the people making renegades have simply taken out all star trek references from their production and are making it as an original science fiction movie.

They had already begun filming on what was supposed to be admiral Chekov's sendoff.

According to the update they made some changes to the script so they can continue.  I'm guessing it should be easy to watch the movie and simply imagine it as Chekov and Uhura instead of what ever names they use.

Stupid greedy Axanar people ruined everything......

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #1375 on: June 26, 2016, 08:28:20 PM »
Looking at the newly reworked website for what is now simply "Renegades", Walter Koenig's character is now just called "the admiral", Tuvok is now Kovok....

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #1376 on: June 29, 2016, 08:12:18 AM »
The restoration on the 11 foot 1701 model is done and is back on display at the Air & Space museum, and it looks just like it did when the show ended.  They even restored the bussard spinning dome and sparkly lights effect properly.  Gone is the gaudy paint job done in the early 90s.  The prop is finally getting the treatment it deserves and it looks beautiful.  Maybe in the fall I'll take a trip down to DC to see it.

On a different note, looks like the 9 of us that backed the movie DIANI & DEVINE MEET THE APOCALYPSE at the level to get 2 DS9 commentaries by Armin Shimerman are finally going to get them.   After a 2 year wait emails just went out that they are getting ready to record and asking for people to send in their requests for Quark heavy episodes.  I sent in "The House of Quark" and "Family Business".

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #1377 on: June 29, 2016, 07:12:42 PM »
I'm really curious about Star Trek: Beyond. I'm not sure exactly what to expect from the movie.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1378 on: July 13, 2016, 06:39:46 PM »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1379 on: July 13, 2016, 06:40:09 PM »