login

Author Topic: RVR II's Star Trek thread.. Cause it's sure to veer off course!  (Read 275593 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5010
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: RVR II's Star Trek thread.. Cause it's sure to veer off course!
« Reply #1320 on: May 06, 2016, 07:37:05 PM »
And just finished the last 6 episodes of Season 2...
Wholly!!  ??? ??? ???
Nothing worth mentioning about any of them except 'Basics Part 1' where the crew is marooned on a friggin planet and the Kason ganked Voyager *face palm* ::)
I'll continue this fiasco starting Season 3 on Sunday evening :speechless:

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1321 on: May 08, 2016, 04:39:37 PM »
Oh good.. 2nd episode of Season 3.. We're bringing in Captain Sulu and the Excelsior now from the The Undiscovered Country movie.. :-X

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1322 on: May 08, 2016, 06:37:19 PM »
Thought I'd do a quick check on the latest with Kes (Jennifer Lien) on her issues from last year..
‘Star Trek’ star on check

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at 9:30 pm (Updated: May 3, 9:30 pm)

Former “Star Trek: Voyager” actress Jennifer Lien made a court appearance on Monday for what the public defender said was a status check.

She didn’t want her picture taken, however, and she hid her face as she was leaving the courtroom.

Lien has multiple charges pending in Roane County General Sessions Court for run-ins she had in 2015.

One was over an alleged pursuit, in which she was charged with evading arrest, resisting arrest, reckless endangerment and aggravated assault.

Harriman police said Lien refused to stop and rammed a cruiser in the April 2015 incident.

She paid $2,291.85 in restitution to the police department in February.

Lien was also charged with indecent exposure in an August 2015 incident, in which she allegedly exposed her breast and buttocks in front of children.

When she appeared in court in February, she was ordered to continue complying with her mental health treatment.

According to the Dalton, Ga., Daily Citizen and other online sources, the Whitfield County, Ga., Sheriff’s Office charged Lien with DUI on March 5.

“That’s news to me,” Public Defender Kim Nelson said.

Nelson’s office represents Lien in the Roane County cases. How the DUI charge impacts those cases will be up to the District Attorney General’s Office, Nelson said.

Lien’s next court appearance in the Roane County cases is scheduled for Aug. 29.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1323 on: May 15, 2016, 05:26:15 AM »
Fished up Season 3 last night and still a lot of bland episodes..
False Prophets - This is how they conclude what happened to the lost Ferengis ???
Future's End - Voyager getting sent back to 1996.. That was kind of funny actually :D
The Q and the Grey -  Q Civil war.. Okay...  ::)
Favorite Son -  A planet full of women.. Take Me There! :P
Distant Origin - Dinosaurs travel to the Delta Quadrant ... What kind of LSD were the writers on creating this one ::)

And now we're up to teaming up with the Borg and Season 4..
Is this where 7 of 9 comes in? :o

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3100
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #1324 on: May 15, 2016, 09:18:25 AM »
Yes, the episodes where they team up with the borg is the time 7 of 9 becomes part of the crew, and Kes is gone...

She was brought in as eye candy but along with the doctor ends up being one of the most interesting characters on the show.  I've been rewatching a bunch from the last 3 seasons this week, the only characters that become fully 3 dimensional are 7 and the doc, B'Elanna and Neelix grow a little, but the rest are all pretty much exactly the same  at the end as they were in episode 1.   Really bad since there are one off episodes where they do grow, but it's all forgotten by the next episode.  And the time travel episodes where we see older versions of them show that the actors were capable of becoming more complex, so the issues with Voyager really can be blamed on the writers.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1325 on: May 15, 2016, 09:45:57 AM »
I would concur with this.
It's been ages since I watched Voyager and it's a shame they didn't put forth the extra writing effort :-\

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3100
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #1326 on: May 15, 2016, 10:41:38 AM »
Just read that the new series is going to be between Undiscovered Country and Next Gen, highly serialized season.

Also rumor is that each season will be independent of the last, so they could jump to post DS9 and do a season there if they wanted to.  I don't see how that would work if the cast does a great job and everyone likes them, but being scifi they could time travel ahead and right away do something that prevents them from going back...

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1327 on: May 15, 2016, 10:53:44 AM »
Just read that the new series is going to be between Undiscovered Country and Next Gen, highly serialized season.

Also rumor is that each season will be independent of the last, so they could jump to post DS9 and do a season there if they wanted to.  I don't see how that would work if the cast does a great job and everyone likes them, but being scifi they could time travel ahead and right away do something that prevents them from going back...
That could be real interesting :o
Just so long as they keep away from TOS (and Enterprise) timeline as they've beat that to death IMO!
Maybe bring back Quark and Rom periodically.. Admiral Picard maybe.. Commander Wesley Crusher :o

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1328 on: May 15, 2016, 12:12:22 PM »

Offline The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5549
« Reply #1329 on: May 18, 2016, 07:35:23 PM »
We've got a logo...
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xXpPweAooeE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xXpPweAooeE</a>

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7914
« Reply #1330 on: May 18, 2016, 09:49:11 PM »
I see they're going with "gritty" again. That's novel.

Hopefully the rumors of an anthology series are true. That's the best bet, and means we may get to see more stories set in TOS-era (but on other ships) which would be awesome.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2517
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #1331 on: May 19, 2016, 04:50:37 AM »

Hopefully the rumors of an anthology series are true. That's the best bet, and means we may get to see more stories set in TOS-era (but on other ships) which would be awesome.

The "new crews" etc. part does seem to be hinting at anthology.

As for the look, just looks like they're recycling some JJ-Trek footage for the spot, wouldn't be surprised if they just slowed down and modified CG shots from the end credits of one of the movies.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7914
« Reply #1332 on: May 19, 2016, 06:13:34 PM »

As for the look, just looks like they're recycling some JJ-Trek footage for the spot, wouldn't be surprised if they just slowed down and modified CG shots from the end credits of one of the movies.

I don't think so; the JJ stuff is Paramount, and they own the rights to that footage and that universe. CBS has the rights to the TV stuff. I think this is why they're going Prime Universe, not JJverse.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1333 on: May 21, 2016, 07:01:35 AM »
So I finished up Season 4 of Voyager and nothing really stood out episode wise..
There were a couple of 2 part episodes that honestly could have been made into one ???
This sums up the season for me: Blah Blah Blah OOO 7 of 9 :o
Man she's hot in that body suit!! :P

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2517
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #1334 on: May 21, 2016, 10:26:40 AM »

I don't think so; the JJ stuff is Paramount, and they own the rights to that footage and that universe. CBS has the rights to the TV stuff. I think this is why they're going Prime Universe, not JJverse.

Wasn't sure how much crossover was permitted there, it still looks like a JJverse inspired look to space.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky