Author Topic: RVR II's Star Trek thread.. Cause it's sure to veer off course!  (Read 275613 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5010
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: RVR II's Star Trek thread.. Cause it's sure to veer off course!
« Reply #150 on: October 08, 2013, 07:38:01 PM »
So anyway I just got home from another trip in Mexico Sunday night and been on a TNG Season 4 marathon the last 2 nights :o
Season 5 release can't get here soon enough!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #151 on: November 21, 2013, 12:58:40 PM »
So I got Season 5 along with 'Unification' and only have a couple more discs to watch.. Good Stuff! :o
I was a little disappointed inthe extras of Unification.. only 1 deleted scene, only 3 cast interviews (Warf, Dr Crusher, & Cmdr. Cela), and Nothing about Gene Roddenberry's death..
Maybe that will be on the final disc in the season 5 series that I haven't gotten to yet.. :-\

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3100
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #152 on: November 21, 2013, 01:36:54 PM »
So I got Season 5 along with 'Unification' and only have a couple more discs to watch.. Good Stuff! :o
I was a little disappointed inthe extras of Unification.. only 1 deleted scene, only 3 cast interviews (Warf, Dr Crusher, & Cmdr. Cela), and Nothing about Gene Roddenberry's death..
Maybe that will be on the final disc in the season 5 series that I haven't gotten to yet.. :-\

Forgot it was out this week, looks like some of the Best Buys near me are sold out, Target has it but the price is higher.

Have they been putting different extras on the separate discs?  I haven't been getting those so the only extras I've seen have been on the season sets.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #153 on: November 21, 2013, 01:41:59 PM »

Forgot it was out this week, looks like some of the Best Buys near me are sold out, Target has it but the price is higher.

Have they been putting different extras on the separate discs?  I haven't been getting those so the only extras I've seen have been on the season sets.
Target was cheaper than Best Buy here..

Yeah the dual episodes that they put on separate DVDs have more extras and interviews that are not on the season DVDs

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #154 on: November 21, 2013, 01:49:19 PM »
Target was cheaper than Best Buy here..

Yeah the dual episodes that they put on separate DVDs have more extras and interviews that are not on the season DVDs

Target here has it for $78, Best Buy $58.

That sucks about different extras.  Eventually I may pick the single discs just to have them.
My quest to get it this evening: Target #1 had it for $76, Headed up the street a few more lights to Best Buy and they were sold out (label on the shelf was $58), Target #2 had it for $68 so I got that one.  Yes, I have 2 Target stores within 2 miles of me, and they are only about 1/4 mile away from each other on the same road.  And they often have slightly different stuff and sometimes different prices.  When they opened the one in the Springfield Mall I figured they would close the older one, but several years later and both are still open and both are always filled with people.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 06:26:04 PM by MartyS (Gromit) »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #155 on: November 21, 2013, 09:41:18 PM »
Weird cause Best Buy here had it for $74.99 and Target right next door had it for $69.99 :o

Just finished all of Season 5 and yeah the extras on the last disc had a whole segment about Gene Roddenberry.. Pretty good overall :o

I had forgotten about the second to last episode 'The Inner Light' about how intense of an episode it was.. :speechless:

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #156 on: November 21, 2013, 10:27:11 PM »
Yes, Inner Light was an awesome episode.

I watched the extras on disc 5, thought the editing on the first half of the special was odd, I would rather have seen the entire interview with Gene all at once instead of chopped up and interspersed with the writers talking.  And some of the writers segments were too long.  The second half was well done.

Only episode I watched was Ro Laren, love all the episodes with her.

And what is it about Ron Moore, I've seen a lot of interviews with him and listened to a lot of his commentaries, but I can't get a feel for what kind of person he is.  Half the time I think he's a good guy, the other half of the time I think he's an arrogant prick.  And those extremes sometimes switch several times in one interview.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #157 on: November 22, 2013, 11:23:53 AM »

Armin Shimerman has a cool reward up on the kickstarter for Diani & Devine Meet The Apocalypse.  He will record commentaries for 2 DS9 episodes.  A bit pricey at $200.  The kickstarter ends this evening.  They need to get to $100K but have a backer that will put in $5K if they hit $95K.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dianidevine/diani-and-devine-meet-the-apocalypse-a-feature-fil

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2013, 11:26:24 AM »
Yeah I can't help there..
I need that kind of money for bag fees for next weeks trip to Mexico  :o

Offline The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5549
« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2014, 08:02:28 PM »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #160 on: January 15, 2014, 08:07:26 PM »
Awesome! :D :D :D

Wonjdering when Season 6 of TNG will be released on Blu Ray ???

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2014, 11:34:55 AM »
Wonjdering when Season 6 of TNG will be released on Blu Ray ???

It is odd they haven't set a date yet.  When one set is released the next one usually gets announced.
I really want to see Relics in HD, I hope the Dyson sphere and crashed ship were done as models so there is extra detail on them....

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2014, 04:29:09 PM »
Oh yeah now I really want to see Season 6 ASAP :o

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #163 on: January 17, 2014, 09:35:31 PM »
The Digital Bits is usually pretty good a finding rumored release dates but I can't find any info there.

I did do some searching and found pictures of the Dyson sphere set models, so it should look pretty nice in HD.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2014, 06:07:54 PM »
Awesome :highfive: