Author Topic: RVR II's Star Trek thread.. Cause it's sure to veer off course!  (Read 274418 times)

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1076
  • Thank you, sweet Rabbit!
Re: RVR II's Star Trek thread.. Cause it's sure to veer off course!
« Reply #2235 on: July 23, 2019, 11:49:48 AM »
Except for "A fistful of Datas", I can't stand any episode of TNG with Alexander.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4989
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #2236 on: July 29, 2019, 01:09:10 AM »

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #2237 on: July 29, 2019, 12:00:00 PM »
So Doctor Noonien Soong also created Data with the ability to age? I got to hand it to him, he's awfully good at playing God.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #2238 on: July 29, 2019, 02:07:42 PM »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #2239 on: July 29, 2019, 02:09:54 PM »

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #2240 on: July 29, 2019, 03:09:43 PM »
This is just me but if I lived on the Enterprise my holographic fantasy would be the main office from Mad Men. Just me and Joan Halloway…

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3085
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2241 on: July 30, 2019, 02:58:44 PM »
Shout! has shipped my copy of the special edition of What We Left Behind, so I should be watching that this weekend.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #2242 on: July 30, 2019, 04:40:38 PM »
Shout! has shipped my copy of the special edition of What We Left Behind, so I should be watching that this weekend.
What was your final price again from Shout?
Amazon's final price is now $21.61 and should arrive by August 6.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2243 on: July 30, 2019, 04:52:48 PM »
With the $6 rip-off shipping the total was $36.

Got sucked in by the limited "special edition" only available directly from Shout!, once details about the extra features on the 2nd disc came out it seems the extra cost is probably not worth almost $15 more.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #2244 on: July 30, 2019, 08:49:54 PM »
I just looked on Amazon and it looks like it's not coming out until August 6th. Better believe I will be ordering that sometime soon. I know everybody knows this but I still have nothing but the deepest love for DS9... generally speaking.

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7914
« Reply #2245 on: July 31, 2019, 05:35:11 PM »
This is just me but if I lived on the Enterprise my holographic fantasy would be the main office from Mad Men. Just me and Joan Halloway…

I don't know why their ships' quarters aren't just morgue drawers with VR headsets. People plug in and go into virtual holodecks of palatial suites. 

We all know it's going to happen.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2246 on: August 01, 2019, 07:16:22 PM »
My Blu-Ray came today, just got finished watching the documentary and all the special features on the main disc. 

It is awesome, almost every scene they pulled from the show to use has been remastered in HD from the original film so it looks amazing, all the interviews and discussions are really great, and there is a part of it where they do a "writers room" and hash out a first episode story as if they were going to shoot season 8.

When you watch it be sure to watch all of the credits, there is extra stuff in them.

Best part of the bonus features is the deleted scenes, must be half an hour of them.

Ok, now I've got to see what's on the extra disc that comes with the special edition...

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2247 on: August 01, 2019, 08:28:25 PM »
The special edition bonus disc only has 2 things on it, just under an hour of a round table discussion with the makers of the doc, and a short piece with the composers talking about working together again after so many years.

About 10 to 15 minutes of the round table is on the main disc bonus features with them talking about doing the HD remastering, so the extra disc doesn't add a whole lot, certainly not worth the extra cost of getting it directly from Shout!.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #2248 on: August 02, 2019, 12:35:10 AM »
The special edition bonus disc only has 2 things on it, just under an hour of a round table discussion with the makers of the doc, and a short piece with the composers talking about working together again after so many years.

About 10 to 15 minutes of the round table is on the main disc bonus features with them talking about doing the HD remastering, so the extra disc doesn't add a whole lot, certainly not worth the extra cost of getting it directly from Shout!.
Yeah this right here will probably keep me from buying something through them now.. Sounds like it was a scam to rake in extra $$ >:(

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2249 on: August 02, 2019, 02:03:03 PM »

Yeah this right here will probably keep me from buying something through them now.. Sounds like it was a scam to rake in extra $$ >:(

Yeah, this is the 2nd time I've ordered anything directly from Shout!, got burned badly the first time, somewhat singed this time...

That extra disk is worth $5 at most, the misleading FREE SHIPPING if you spend $50 or more on the order page was kind of crappy.