login

Author Topic: What's the last Television show you watched on DVD/VHS/youtube/Netflix?  (Read 340165 times)

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3564
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: What's the last Television show you watched on DVD/VHS/youtube/Netflix?
« Reply #3090 on: March 15, 2020, 12:29:59 AM »
Just finished up Season 3 of Castlevania. It ultimately amounts to a lot of Season 4 table-setting, but it's EXTREMELY entertaining table-setting, with plenty of intrigue, strong characters, and lots and lots of creepiness.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6165
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #3091 on: March 20, 2020, 08:22:07 PM »
I finished the first season of Swamp Thing. Overall I was really impressed. The show looks great, and you can tell they put a decent amount of money into it. The CGI is still spotty at times (especially the bug man in an early episode). But the practical Swamp Thing suit looks great, although his red eyes are too obviously an effect in post. I like that they really went for the horror aspects to this character most of the time. And they didn't skimp on the gore. I will also give the show credit for never shoehorning in the name Swamp Thing. Unfortunately the show does bog itself down with too much drama between way too many human villains. Avery and eventually Woodrow were more than enough. I didn't care about the crooked sheriff or her deputy son, and I definitely didn't care about Avery's wife. The voodoo lady didn't amount to anything but spouting mystical sounding vagueries without actually being helpful or really informative.
It's a shame we won't get a second season. Especially now that Woodrow has finally become The Floronic Man. And we might get more with Blue Devil so he would actually have a point.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 309
« Reply #3092 on: April 06, 2020, 11:27:42 AM »
Almost through season 1 of the "Twilight Zone". While some episodes don't work as well as others, it's amazing how well a 60 year old show holds up and how it suceeds in almost every way that the remakes and copy cats have failed.

Ordered the complete "Night Gallery" series on DVD from Amazon. Haven't seen "Night Gallery" in a long time and I'm sure I've never seen all of the episodes. Serling didn't have the same level of control over "Night Gallery" that he did on "Twilight Zone" so interested to see how it compares.

Online stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 480
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #3093 on: April 06, 2020, 06:37:58 PM »
That explains so much about Night Gallery. I couldn't figure out how Sterling could fall from such heights as The Twilight Zone. I still stand by my opinion that Black Mirror is the closest to the original series than anything under the Twilight Zone name since (and there's a *lot*).

Watched McMillion$ on HBO. It's about how the security guy who stole all the winning pieces and gave them to friends and family. I don't care for mob tv shows/movies, but it definitely fits the genre. Really sad, because it ruined *everyone's* lives several times over. Just wish it could've been half the length. 

About to finish Tiger King tonight. Not since Making A Murderer have I seen a series that I was like "WHAT THE F***!?!?" every 10mins. Just when I think "That's gonna be the craziest part of *this* episode," it never is.

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4730
« Reply #3094 on: April 06, 2020, 06:48:20 PM »
I need to check out the newer Twilight Zone if I ever get a chance.  I think they're releasing a new season at some point.

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 753
  • Define lunch or be disintegrated!
Tiger King on Netflix is quite a peculiar brand of show. It's a hybrid reality/documentary/I don't know WTF kind of show. My friend Kat got me into it and honestly? I think it's done a lot to weaken my faith in humanity even more so.

Online Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5645
  • Mr. Robot
Recently watched season 3 of Castlevania.  Still enjoying it and the fact that Warren Ellis is still writing it helps a lot for me.  Though Alucard's arc, bleak as it is, feels more like its there to keep checking in on him.