login

Author Topic: What's the last Television show you watched on DVD/VHS/youtube/Netflix?  (Read 246774 times)

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1146
Re: What's the last Television show you watched on DVD/VHS/youtube/Netflix?
« Reply #2460 on: February 18, 2018, 09:51:02 AM »
Finished season 3 of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.   Last few episodes got better and I enjoyed them.  Once they dumped that family that owned the redskins the show got back to more enjoyable, nothing they tried to do with those people seemed to work as comedy or satire.   Well it was satire, just not funny or ironic or smart, basically missing the stuff needed to make satire worth watching.  Maybe at the end they found a way to make Jacqueline's character work again, guess we will see in May when season 4 drops.

They also cut my favorite joke from the redskins storyline, which was at the end after all the sports teams change their names to more offensive ones. Kimmy asks Jacqueline why the 49ers didn’t change their name, to which she replies “Oh that’s already a horribly offensive name about a lewd sex act with a man and a chair.”

The first shoot day of season 4 is Tuesday.  They are going to have it all edited by May?  Guess that’s possible, but it’s a tight turn around.

EDIT: Watched the first episode of the new Joel Mchale show on Netflix. It’s exactly The Soup except he can swear, there’s no commercials, and he can make fun of foreign TV as well. I missed The Soup a lot, so it being exactly the same is just fine with me. Now Stephen Colbert just needs to start up The Colbert Report again and everything will be right with the world. Well, television at least.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 09:57:01 AM by Variety of Cells »

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2202
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2461 on: February 18, 2018, 10:09:11 AM »
The first shoot day of season 4 is Tuesday.  They are going to have it all edited by May?  Guess that’s possible, but it’s a tight turn around.

May 30 is the date I saw announced for season 4 to drop.

Edit:  Just looked again and only the first 6 episodes will drop in may, the rest later in the year.

EDIT: Watched the first episode of the new Joel Mchale show on Netflix. It’s exactly The Soup except he can swear, there’s no commercials, and he can make fun of foreign TV as well. I missed The Soup a lot, so it being exactly the same is just fine with me. Now Stephen Colbert just needs to start up The Colbert Report again and everything will be right with the world. Well, television at least.

I'll have to check that out, I also liked watching The Soup.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 10:10:42 AM by MartyS (Gromit) »

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 389
« Reply #2462 on: February 18, 2018, 09:05:47 PM »
Well, I couldn't sleep, so I started binge watching Once Upon a Time. How have I not seen this before?