login

Author Topic: "Next of Kin", "Hunt For Red Octeober"and Silence ofthe Lambs" My Dream Trifecta  (Read 2026 times)

Offline PJD

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
"Next of Kin" has Swayze and Liam Neeson (SP?) and it is a steaming hot turd of a movie. Anybody with me ont his? "Silence of the Lambs" and "The Hunt for Red October" both blockbusters that take themselves pretty seriously. C'mon, Balwin? COnnery? The riffs write themselves! God I need it.

Offline 6079SmithW

• Big Montana
Uh, the Silence of the Lambs isn't really particularly cheesy for the most part, and it's graphically disturbing, too. I wouldn't think this an option any more than Se7en would be.

Next of Kin would be hilarious, though.

Offline Shinigami

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
agreed, silence of the lambs is a terrible choice.  Hannibal would be decent since it went so far from the book and wasn't very good.  Red Dragon has some problem but it is pretty accurate to the book and is a solid movie overall.

Never seen Next of Kin

Hunt for Red October is borderline riffable.  There's some aspects of it that are cornball, but otherwise I don't think its a good pick.

Offline davo

• Magneto-cent Member
  • are you asking for a challlllenge?!!!!1!1!one!!1!
i'd watch the first & last suggestions if riffed

Offline PJD

• Sparkles in Sunlight

Never seen Next of Kin

What?!?!  If you like terrible movies this is a must!  Helen Hunt, Ben Stiller and Bill Paxton are also in it. Maximum Cheese!

"Silence of the Lambs" too graphic? It's not nrealy as bad as "Seven" and doesn't really have any more gore than Halloween. ??? Who knows mabye I've been inside too much lately.

all the same, all aboard for "Next of Kin"

Offline 6079SmithW

• Big Montana

Never seen Next of Kin

What?!?!  If you like terrible movies this is a must!  Helen Hunt, Ben Stiller and Bill Paxton are also in it. Maximum Cheese!

"Silence of the Lambs" too graphic? It's not nrealy as bad as "Seven" and doesn't really have any more gore than Halloween. ??? Who knows mabye I've been inside too much lately.

all the same, all aboard for "Next of Kin"

The crucified guard, the tuck-dance, the human skin-suit, and the part where the guy whips semen all seem a little out of rifftrax range. Anyway, I think it's too somber and slow whenever Lecter isn't on screen to work regardless of the content rating.

Next of Kin seems like cheating, it's so goofy. It's up there with Over the Top for "what the hell was wrong with the 80's?" movies.

Offline PJD

• Sparkles in Sunlight
LOL, Smith you got me there, you guys are right too gruesome. I forgot about that  :-[

"Next of Kin" too easy? Never!

As for "Over the Top" now your talkin! 8)

Next of kin IMDB page http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097967/

Offline Bus Taker

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 110
  • "We're a danger to ourselves and others"
    • Music site
Never saw "NoK".  I personally would have to avoid "SotL" due to the violence level.  "HfRO" will be great in my opinion.  The exaggeration fractor is perfect to exploit.  You have Alec Baldwin as the chipper wannabe, James Earl Jones as Darth CIA, Sean Connery as Sub Commander 007 and even Beverly Crusher makes a guest appearance - just toss Mike some lobbers to hit out of the park!  8)

"I can't complain but sometimes I still do, life's been good to me so far." - Joe Walsh

Johnny_Short_Torso

The only kind of people who cannot enjoy HFRO are those who enjoy all the Jean Clod and Steven Seagull films, featuring no story, no plot, no intelligible dialogue, and no writers or directors despite what the opening credits say. HFRO is in no way deserving of riffing.