login

Author Topic: Are you a "Survivor"-er?  (Read 9877 times)

shodan

Re: Are you a "Survivor"-er?
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 11:57:02 PM »
i want a survivor series where the goal of the series is to actually well... survive. put 18 people on an island with 9 deadly weapons scattered about the island and film what happens.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 12:05:33 AM »
i want a survivor series where the goal of the series is to actually well... survive. put 18 people on an island with 9 deadly weapons scattered about the island and film what happens.

Oh, it's comin'. After the first televised execution, the floodgates are gonna' be wide open.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

shodan

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 12:12:12 AM »
and if things ever get slow, introduce some psychotropic drugs into the water supply. >:D

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 11:04:31 PM »
Just watched the past 2 eps cuz I was vacationing last week.  Maaan!  Boldest move in Survivor history!  "Killing" off Ozzy (the strongest member) in hopes of resurrecting him later from Redemption Island. That's like BBQ bold!  If you wanna win, you have to make bold moves.  Unfortunately, Cochran had to screw it ALL up after Ozzy's return. There is NO reason Cochran shouldn't be voted off after all the other tribes' members are gone (and he can stick with Brandon all he wants, but that loose cannon is gonna be gone very soon). Dawn called it an emotional move... and she cries ALL the time! Red flag shoulda gone off in his head! Sure he's gaining control now, but at the cost of himself and his entire tribe. Awful, awful, awful.  Looks like you got your wish, JimJ.  Fortunately, my man Albert is gonna rectify the situation next week... hopefully.  At least it's a lot more interesting this way.

Also, very nicely said, ShadowDog. It's a game show where one major element (the interpersonal drama) is part of the game, thereby making it ostensibly a reality show.

So....... Battle Royale then.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 11:06:26 PM by stansimpson »

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011, 11:34:35 PM »
Just watched the past 2 eps cuz I was vacationing last week.  Maaan!  Boldest move in Survivor history!  "Killing" off Ozzy (the strongest member) in hopes of resurrecting him later from Redemption Island. That's like BBQ bold!  If you wanna win, you have to make bold moves.  Unfortunately, Cochran had to screw it ALL up after Ozzy's return. There is NO reason Cochran shouldn't be voted off after all the other tribes' members are gone (and he can stick with Brandon all he wants, but that loose cannon is gonna be gone very soon). Dawn called it an emotional move... and she cries ALL the time! Red flag shoulda gone off in his head! Sure he's gaining control now, but at the cost of himself and his entire tribe. Awful, awful, awful.  Looks like you got your wish, JimJ.  Fortunately, my man Albert is gonna rectify the situation next week... hopefully.  At least it's a lot more interesting this way.

I think Cochran was in a lose/lose situation.  He didn't really have good move.  He could stick with his side, who's treated him like crap and will probably vote him out as soon as all of the other tribe is gone, if not before.  Or, switch to the other side, who will likely vote him off after the rest of his original tribe is gone.  In the end, he went with the side that hasn't treated him like crap (of course, they haven't really had any opportunity to treat him like crap yet). I think he's in a somewhat decent spot now.  I think Coach's tribe would be stupid to screw him over, since he's obviously obliterated the bridge to his old tribe and will be forced to play with them.  Plus, he's a good choice to keep to the end, since a lot of the jury will probably be his tribe, who despise him now.  And I still say Ozzy's move was absolutely stupid, even though it worked.  But, it didn't really work out that well, did it? If they had sent Cochran, Christine would've got back in and she has made it abundantly clear that she wants nothing to do with her old tribe.  She'd be voting with them and Cochran would be out.  Instead, Cochran's still there to throw a wrench in Ozzy's plan.

Also, I'm totally calling shenanigans on Coach knowing EVERY SINGLE DETAIL of the plan.  Granted, it wasn't a great performance by Ozzy, but Coach laid out the whole exact plan without missing a single detail.  I guess it gets easier to figure stuff out when you're one of Probst's favorites  ::).

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 12:06:38 AM »
Didn't think about keeping Cochran till the end. Yeah, he'd make a great one to take to the end.

I got mixed up about Christine's alliances. Y'know, Christine proved herself an amazing competitor. She would've increased the team's strength enormously, and Cochran woulda been out of the picture. Not only was the move high-risk/little-reward... it may have actually been outright stupid, and the very reason for their demise.  Well... good for Cochran. Sucks that he's officially a villain now (sure, he was picked on, but not any more than Papa Bear or Dawn). And Ozzy's tribe seemed to have been the underdog (mostly), so I'll be sad to see it dissipate under such a back-stabby premise. It'll be hilarious if Cochran is voted out within the next three eps tho.

I don't call shenanigans on Coach. Ozzy's performance was fine enough at first, but he went and laid it on thick with the "Someone else must've known too" ridiculousness (shoulda just stayed quiet, man). So why put on a show of betrayal? It must mean Ozzy is still loyal. In which case, he must've agreed to be voted off. Why would he allow that? To beat Christine and be brought back for the merge. I find that story to be extremely plausible, only made improbable by the risk factor.

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2011, 12:41:55 AM »
I could understand Coach not buying what Ozzy was selling, but the fact that he laid out every detail of the plan seems fishy to me.  How did he know Cochran had an idol in his pocket?  Hell, it still doesn't even make sense to me why Ozzy gave Cochran the idol instead of someone else that he was closer to and trusted more (AKA, anyone else on the tribe).

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2011, 09:44:34 AM »

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 06:28:18 PM »
We got a split episode tonight. Wouldn't be surprised if next week's was as well (esp after Brandon's remarks at the end of 2nd tribal).

The more I think about it, the more I find Ozzy's tribe to be extremely weak at strategy. Why why WHY aren't they trying to get the other tribe's weakest member to flop!?! Why aren't they stirring up suspicion? Cochran definitely switched to a smarter side. If he didn't switch, I bet he'd be the only one to come up with that plan. Heck, Ozzy mentioned it briefly right at tribal. Did Jim really think "inspiring speech" would work better than strategy? They're loyal to Cochran. Move to another weak point. Here's hoping Dawn or Whitney (ok, likely just Dawn) will try to stir something up.

Go Cochran!  You dirty, little rat!   :D

Offline deevolve

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 9
  • Sam. But if I was a rapper, I'd go by MC Delta T.
    • Sam & Rob present
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 07:24:19 PM »
The more I think about it, the more I find Ozzy's tribe to be extremely weak at strategy.

In addition to the tribe, I'm stunned at how terrible Ozzy himself has played.  We'll see how he does on Redemption.

Brandon and Cochran's friendship constantly cracks me up.  Watching Brandon defend him is just so adorable.

So far, amazingly, Coach has controlled the game.  Who would've thunk it?

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2011, 10:07:42 PM »
Brandon and Cochran's friendship constantly cracks me up.  Watching Brandon defend him is just so adorable.

Pretty much the only times I haven't wanted to strangle Brandon is when he sticks up for Cochran.

Offline deevolve

• Sparkles in Sunlight
    • Sam & Rob present
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2011, 11:18:56 AM »
Brandon's "I can't be around women I'm attracted to" bit was especially annoying.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2011, 05:09:08 PM »
So...........

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Does that sound right? Are the editors trying to blindside us with the next ep? How bad do you wanna see Ozzy back in the game now?

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2011, 08:48:56 PM »
Well, well, well.... There were definitely two highlights of this ep. The scrambling and Tribal Council.

Cochran and Edna were finally smart enough to make Albert turn against Rick! But, c'mon, these moves they make are so late in the game! You have to be at least a few steps ahead. Not this "let's wait till we're almost about to be voted off" timing bull. That seems to be a huge problem with this tribe. Sophie def showed that at Tribal Council too. Is Coach the only one even playing the game!? Cochran was, but ever since the promises of "Oh, yeahyeahyeah, sure... we'll take you with us," he just kinda gave up.  ::) When has that ever worked too? Esp for a traitor? Tsk, tsk, tsk. He should know better.

Big question tho: Cochran mentioned he would've gone farther with the other tribe if he would've stuck with them? Is that true? Does the math work out on that? Am I missing something? He was 7th no matter what tribe he was on. JimJ, I'd love to hear your thoughts on that.

Offline deevolve

• Sparkles in Sunlight
    • Sam & Rob present
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2011, 04:19:37 AM »
Big question tho: Cochran mentioned he would've gone farther with the other tribe if he would've stuck with them? Is that true? Does the math work out on that? Am I missing something? He was 7th no matter what tribe he was on.

Totally agree.  Cochran was last on line in either tribe, and would've gone out seventh either way.  I was surprised that he went on and on about how the tribe owed him something.  Nobody on Survivor would vote off one of their own alliance for a turncoat from another alliance.

Yeah, Coach is the only one playing a real game.  It's sad that he's got no competition, but fun to see him redeem himself after a couple of terrible (yet entertaining) performances in his previous outings.  I was amazed that he was even entertaining the possibility of voting out Edna, who seems like his most loyal little minion.  Maybe it was a show to make others like Cochran feel less threatened.