login

Author Topic: New Short "The Creeps Machine" Now Available!!!  (Read 8863 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
New Short "The Creeps Machine" Now Available!!!
« on: September 16, 2011, 10:56:36 AM »
http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/creeps-machine

Do you ever get scared? Do you ever get the creeps? More importantly, are both of these questions wildly inappropriate for an educational short to pose to a bunch of nine year olds?

Of course they are, yet The Creeps Machine soldiers on with whatever its mission might be. In theory, it’s supposed to reassure kids that they can conquer their fears. It does this by springing a hideous clown named Old Bobo upon them, thereby guaranteeing that they never sleep for the rest of their childhood, which fortunately will end much sooner once they’ve witnessed The Creeps Machine.

The Creeps Machine features lurking old men, Rube Goldberg devices, a menacing gorilla’s hand, zero coherence and of course, Old Bobo. In other words, perfect educational fodder for Mike, Kevin and Bill to riff.

Rattrap, your appeal for a return to shorts that respect the edge of sanity has been heard and immediately thrown into the dirt.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
Re: New Short "The Creeps Machine" Now Available!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 11:05:03 AM »
Do the guys still do honest to God audio file Rifftrax of full length, recent movies?

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5185
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 11:14:40 AM »
The Creeps Machine is the name of my Nine Inch Nails cover band.

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 11:50:51 AM »
Do the guys still do honest to god audio file Rifftrax of full length, recent movies?

Yes.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 11:58:08 AM »
Do the guys still do honest to god audio file Rifftrax of full length, recent movies?

Yes.

Screw recent, we love those VODs

Offline Chimental

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 12:17:41 PM »
Alright, show of hands. Who else jumped at Old Bobo's debut?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 12:21:48 PM by Chimental »

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 01:45:03 PM »
What the HELL was the point of this short?

I can see some poor teacher playing this in the late 70's, looking up from the back of the room and going, "the hell?"

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 746
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 01:53:10 PM »

Hand up.

What is the deal with the recent string of utterly pointless shorts? Not that I'm complaining. They usually make for good riffs.

Do the guys still do honest to God audio file Rifftrax of full length, recent movies?

I have to agree with this sentiment. X-Men 3 was pretty good, but I didn't much care for the last 2 VoD releases (I did like The Devil's Hand though). I thought you were supposed to be doing Logan's Run in the near future.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 03:35:07 PM »
What is the deal with the recent string of utterly pointless shorts? Not that I'm complaining. They usually make for good riffs.

I want to know too. I just wish we could get back to a few that had a point an a purpose like the good old days.. The pointless factor is through the roof lately and my sanity can't take much more..

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 746
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 04:08:36 PM »

I want to know too. I just wish we could get back to a few that had a point an a purpose like the good old days.. The pointless factor is through the roof lately and my sanity can't take much more..

Hey Rattrap, did you notice they actually mentioned you by name in the product description?

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 04:22:54 PM »

Hey Rattrap, did you notice they actually mentioned you by name in the product description?

Sigh.. no respect..

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3899
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 05:02:06 PM »
creepy :o

Offline Dana W

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 07:05:12 PM »
 Why is NOBODY mentioning the fact that that is the old  Munsters House????

Its before its last run of refurbishment, but you can't miss that shape anywhere!

Offline Meltha

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 07:20:18 PM »

Yes.  Also, he's not just a creepy clown; he's a creepy one-eyed clown.  Somehow, that just makes it so much worse.
Proud (and only) member of the Society to Stop Apostrophe Abuse.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2011, 08:25:09 PM »
Rattrap, your appeal for a return to shorts that respect the edge of sanity has been heard and immediately thrown into the dirt.
:D :D

After watching "Setting Up A Room" last night, it's very nice to see this addressed.  And I find it equally hilarious that Thrifty has a complaint that follows directly after this which makes me assume that and the ground also have met (...or not; it's fun to assume).

Ooh!  Ooh!  Me too!

I dunno why but I laughed at practically every line in this.  Something about it just tickled me, beginning to end.  So weird and it felt very short.  Then again, after watching SUaR and a Harry Potter riff, a 10min short is a brisk riff through the park!  Anyway, a little surprised this wasn't an October short for its near-Halloween quality.  Whatevs.  I'll laugh at this thing ANY time of the year!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 08:27:11 PM by stansimpson »