Author Topic: The LOC ideas thread.  (Read 48719 times)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked:
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: The LOC ideas thread.
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2011, 12:45:44 PM »
Probably.

I can do you the costume of somebody who would use an allen wrench

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 12:53:55 PM by Tripe H. Redux »

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked:
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2011, 12:55:57 PM »
Sigh the spam filter caught it.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2011, 01:12:39 PM »
Its funny when i hit reply, i can see what it caught.  And that is not the sort of thing i want the spam filter blocking lol. 

Watchman

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2011, 03:33:26 PM »
For the Halloween season (hasn't started yet, but we need to do things early for the next list).
The ones I most like:
Top 50 Horror Writers
Top 50 Devils and Demons ->This is ingenious, imo. I like the idea of actually going into folklore. Demons are depicted in many diverse ways beyond The Exorcist (just ask Max Von Sydow; has anyone seen the Exorcist documentary where Max says he doesn't take the devil seriously because he was raised on Scandinavian folklore that presents the devil as a silly figure? Not to mention the silly Mexican devil in MST3K's "Santa Claus."

I also find interesting:
Top 50 Frankensteins/Patchwork Men
Top 50 Monster Movies ->this looks familiar, did it get outvoted in previous years?
Top 50 Scariest Movie Moments
Top 50 Zombies/Zombie Hordes
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mixed feelings:
Top 50 Examples of nightmare fuel-> I like the idea, but I've never had fantastic nightmares, my worst dreams have often dealt with mundane matters like work or school. Customers & summer testing. Now, if someone was willing to get me some opium so I could have the wild dreams of the poets...
Top 50 Personal Fears-> Once I had the idea of an amusement park that, rather than thrill people with fast moving rides, forces people into situations of social anxiety & feelings of inadequacy. Another way of saying, like my "nightmares", my anxiety makes my fears prosaic for the most part. Though I still remember the more awesome fears of my younger years. I really do like this LOC idea, I'd just have to take some liberties & skip past my mundane real fears. "#1: Unfamiliar groups of people," that would just be sad.

Not interested in:
Top 50 Scary/Halloween-themed TV episodes
Top 50 Treats and Tricks ->I'm sorry, but can we please take a break from television & consumptives?
Top 50 Halloween Costumes ->Once again, I'm tired of LOC's of material consumption. I'd rather do a LOC of the actual villains whose likenesses sell this Halloween merchandise.

On that note, a few I've thought up: (I guess I should PM these too)
-Top 50 Horror **MOVIE** Villains
-Top 50 Masked Villains
-Top 50 Creepy Movie Masks ->[As in, masks appearing within movies. They don't necessarily have to be worn. An unworn example would be the mask appearing on Tom Cruise's bed in Eyes Wide Shut. Yes, he wears the mask earlier in the film, but it's most frightening when he discovers it laying face-up on his bed next to his wife.]
-Top 50 Horror Movie Dolls/Dummies
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 04:12:49 PM by Katonic »

Watchman

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2011, 03:40:28 PM »
I thought villains were pop culture based. You don't have to be a cinephile to have favorite villains.

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2011, 03:45:15 PM »
You mean like saddam or Stalin?

spaceforarent

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2011, 03:47:45 PM »
How about something involving voice acting? Either the actors themselves or specific performances. While I love H Jon Benjamen's voice he pretty much uses the same one for every character, so I might skip him for a list of actors. However Archer (which stars HJB) would make my list of performances since there are some moments that I have a hard time believing were recorded separately.  

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2011, 03:53:19 PM »
Nah im still down with the sexy costumes.  Especially since its more of an appeal thing as opposed to a like to buy this type of thing.  Kinda like the crushes one.

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2011, 03:59:08 PM »
Built in limiting factor?  What do you mean?

Watchman

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2011, 04:12:01 PM »
Nah im still down with the sexy costumes.  Especially since its more of an appeal thing as opposed to a like to buy this type of thing.  Kinda like the crushes one.

Catwoman: Halle Berry or Michelle Pfeiffer?

I thought villains were pop culture based. You don't have to be a cinephile to have favorite villains.

You were just bitching about pop culture stuff being all the rage, and I'm telling you why.  You do a villains list and it will be 99% from movies.  
Why in god's name do you think I have an issue with movies? If you read my post, it's pro-movie. We've got a failure to communicate here. Movie villains are a pop culture topic I have an interest with. If I must translate what I've already written (which defeats the purpose of writing it the first time), I only displayed disinterest towards TV, candy & merchandise. Do you understand the difference between movies & merchandise? Do you?! I LIKE MOVIES. How much more direct can I be? What are you referring to?

(There is no monster, there is no monster, there is no monster)

You mean like saddam or Stalin?

How can you make sarcasm easy when it's already easy to begin with? You should be Sarcasm_made_even_Easier.

Watchman

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2011, 04:14:10 PM »
There has to be a built-in limiting factor or the list will just be the top 4 of all 15 submitters with no overlap.  That's why candy would work well.

Oh, I see, you're just pissy because I offended your candy sensibilities. I wrote about other things in that post, too.

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2011, 04:18:45 PM »
How can you make sarcasm easy when it's already easy to begin with? You should be Sarcasm_made_even_Easier

When i originally came up with it, i was thinking of it as a book title.  Like a self help book. Sarcasm made easy.  Or sarcasm for dummies type of thing. 

Offline Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked:
  • Now you're playing with power!
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2011, 08:50:38 PM »
Almost forgot this one:

Top 50 Ghosts!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2011, 09:01:39 PM »
Almost forgot this one:

Top 50 Ghosts!
Oooh! Red Pac-Man Ghost! (The other three were just imitators)

Watchman

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2011, 12:07:16 AM »
Why in god's name do you think I have an issue with movies? If you read my post, it's pro-movie. We've got a failure to communicate here. Movie villains are a pop culture topic I have an interest with. If I must translate what I've already written (which defeats the purpose of writing it the first time), I only displayed disinterest towards TV, candy & merchandise. Do you understand the difference between movies & merchandise? Do you?! I LIKE MOVIES. How much more direct can I be? What are you referring to?

Wait, so movies aren't pop culture, but TV is?

I don't like fighting. If you're going to continue putting words in my mouth, I must politely request that you get off my case, Imrahil. I don't want to fight you. If you have issues with me, then so be it.