login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1697756 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3654
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #19860 on: Today at 07:43:24 AM »
I am totally calling someone a numbat first chance I get.
Quiet you Frogmouth!!

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1262
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #19861 on: Today at 08:14:26 PM »
Found out that I apparently think comparing people to Australian animals is derogatory. I regularly use "Ya dingo(s)" and I just used the phrase "Mentally deficient wombats".

'Drongo' is an old fashioned insult here which I thiiiiiiiink isn't racist?
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1412
« Reply #19862 on: Today at 08:32:36 PM »
I'm getting a bit of an unexpected, but definitely welcome vacation in June.  In other words, my boss got fired from the TV show we were on, so we're not going to do the next season like we thought we were, and instead he's going to take like 40 days off.  Which sounds great to me, to be honest.  It's been about five years since I've had more than two weeks off of work.  And considering I work 60 hours weeks, I think I'm due for some free time.

With this free time I've decided that I'm going to go on a multiple day bicycle trip.  Thinking I'll go out to Montauk, which is about 130 miles from where I live.  Anyone have any experience touring on a bike?  Any tips?  I think I can do 130 miles in two days.  The most I've done is 40 miles in a day, but I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch to push that to 65 if I started real early and trained a bit ahead of time.  I know there are people that do the whole 130 miles in one day, but I'm not trying to kill myself.