login

Author Topic: Batman: The Animated Series  (Read 16143 times)

Russell

Batman: The Animated Series
« on: August 16, 2011, 08:46:39 PM »
How come nobody ever told me about this show before?! I just watched
the Nostalgia Critic doing a top 11 episodes of this show, and it's amazing!
But I want to know why nobody ever told me about it?! :(

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
Re: Batman: The Animated Series
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 10:02:43 PM »
It really was amazing.  Bit meh after Season 3, but it really is one of the most smartly written animated shows I have ever seen.

Love some of the guest stars.  

Of course Mark Hamil bringing in a legendary performance as The Joker, David Warner as Ra's Al Ghul, Roddy McDowell as The Mad Hatter, and a really nice performance from Adam West as The Grey Ghost (made even better because of the relationship of his character to Batman in the Episode).
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 06:13:09 AM by Rainbow Dash »

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 10:06:38 PM »
HOLY COW i totally forgot roddy mcdowell was the hatter (granted at that age i didnt know how he was) i am sooooooo gonna have to get those and rewatch them.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1005
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 10:33:37 PM »
Dude, it's like you're asking "Why didn't anyone ever tell me about this 'pizza' before?" We kinda assumed everyone knew about it already.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2451
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 10:35:54 PM »
Just watched the Grey Ghost episode again last night. Always brings a tear to my eye. Of all the many many cartoons I watched as a kid, this is the one that holds up the best. To this day, Kevin Conroy IS Batman to me.

Almost Got Him is a great episode, might have to watch that one again soon. The Two-Face two parter sounds good about now too. (Still can't believe that was Richard Moll doing that voice.)
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Doctor Who?

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 10:48:21 PM »
The Grey Ghost is my favorite episode.  it really is an amazing show and if you like it you would watch Batman Beyond,Superman(This show was really underrated if you ask me)and Justice League.  This shows are all great too.

Russell

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 10:55:11 PM »
Almost Got Him is a great episode, might have to watch that one again soon. The Two-Face two parter sounds good about now too. (Still can't believe that was Richard Moll doing that voice.)
I just watched that episode, and I was literally shocked at the way that episode misleads
you. It's pretty damn brilliant writing for any cartoon.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 10:58:22 PM »
Heart of Ice,Appointment in Crime ally,and any episode with Harley Quinn are great.

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 11:07:51 PM »
You seriously didn't know about this show before now?  Where were you during the 90's?  Were you aware that there was a "next generation" of Star Trek?  And have you heard about this show called the Simpsons? 
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 06:16:40 AM »
One of the more random episode I liked was "The Man Who killed Batman", interesting for having almost no presence of Batman in it.  And it was funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld0uIhst3TA

Found this tidbit on wiki
In an interview, Dini (episode writer) stated that it was fortunate that Sorkin (voice of Harley Quinn) was able to complete the [kazoo] song in one take, as immediately after that, she and the remainder of the voice cast also broke into uncontrollable laughter, and "we'd have never gotten a second take of it."

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 06:37:23 AM »
Just finished the new NC top 11 video myself.  Agree that all the episodes belong on a list of greatness, though I would have changed the order here and there I think.

One of the more random episode I liked was "The Man Who killed Batman", interesting for having almost no presence of Batman in it.  And it was funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld0uIhst3TA

Found this tidbit on wiki
In an interview, Dini (episode writer) stated that it was fortunate that Sorkin (voice of Harley Quinn) was able to complete the [kazoo] song in one take, as immediately after that, she and the remainder of the voice cast also broke into uncontrollable laughter, and "we'd have never gotten a second take of it."

That was going to be the next one I brought up too.  Also, gotta give this show respect for all the villains it kind of saved or introduced in a way outside of the comics.  No one had ever seen a Two Face story outside a comic before this as far as I know, and the story arc they gave him was fantastic.  They created Harley Quinn from what was going to be a one shot character and she blew up big.  They absolutely rescued Mr. Freeze and made him into a great villain.  The only shots in all of Shumaker's Batman and Robin I can point to as good was the dialog-free sequence where Mr. Freeze crafts an ice-sculpture music box in his cell, and that might has well have been stolen right from the animated version.

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 633
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 08:10:32 AM »
hey guy's  don't forget clayface  he was a great villein as well
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2054
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 08:35:10 AM »
Incredibly vioced by Ron Pearlman!  The man has an awesome voice.  There is a lot of sadness from Clayface you can really feel in his voice.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 09:25:58 AM »
Can't forget Clayface.  This was the first show I remember watching that really made me think that much and feel any sympathy for the villains.

gum.co/RFTrocky

Doctor Who?

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 09:44:02 AM »
The Joker's favor is a great episode.  Batman really isn't in it that much and it is told from the point of view of a random man who is stalked by The Joker for 2 years.