Author Topic: Top 110010 Sci-Fi Characters  (Read 55049 times)

anais.jude

Re: Top 110010 Sci-Fi Characters
« Reply #345 on: August 25, 2011, 06:59:28 PM »
#5 – Doc Brown

(109 Points) 7 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 8 (Cole Stratton)
Voted by: PakMan, Cole Stratton, Darth Geek, Gofyblind, D. B. Barnes, Imrahil, Anais.T. Kirk

Full Name: Doctor Emmett Lathrop "Doc" Brown, Ph.D.
Planet of Origin: Earth
Position: Scientist (mad or otherwise), time traveler,

Known For: Saying “Great Scott” in homage to his favorite Sci Fi character (Great Welshy doesn’t have the same ring to it), being a HUGE nerd, having crazy white hair and taking the young Marty McFly on many crazy adventures, getting shot in the back….by Buford Tannen!....over a matter of 80 dollars!

Sci Fi Themes: The thin line between genius and insanity, Old men should always hang out with boys much younger than them, always experiment on the dog first.

Dossier:
The day: November 5th, 1955.
The Place: Brown Mansion, Hill Valley, CA
The Event: While standing over his toilet to hang a picture, Dr. Brown falls and hits his head.
The Aftermath: Doc awakens with a vision…of this

The Discovery: This ^ is what makes time travel possible

anais.jude

« Reply #346 on: August 25, 2011, 07:00:00 PM »
Dumbest Sci-Fi Characters Part 2 – Nick Miller and JK Robertson

Nick: (1 Point) 1 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 25 (Compound)
JK: (0 Point) 1 of 19 Lists – Voted by: Katonic

And

Full Name: The completely unacceptable geeky hero and Bob Evil, respectively
Position: Nick is a loser scientist who builds a Time Machine. Bob Evil is the head of Evil Co.

Known For:
Nick is known for driving a geeky ten speed, trying to engulf Lisa with his chin butt, and being an alumnus of Castleton

J.K. is known for having his office in a library atrium, being a self made man with his company Evil Co, and bringing a semi-automatic weapon to the Revolutionary War.

Sci Fi Themes: You too can make a crap film with no budget
Dossier:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vdE0f5Hj7xw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vdE0f5Hj7xw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

anais.jude

« Reply #347 on: August 25, 2011, 07:00:39 PM »
#4 – Captain Kirk

(135 Points) 7 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 2 (Imrahil)
Voted by: Gunflyer, Doctor Who?, Compound, Cole Stratton, Monty, Imrahil, Anais.T. Kirk

And

(^This version not technically voted by Im)

Full Name: Captain James Tiberius Kirk
Position: Captain, fighter, lover

Known For: Getting his shirt ripped after five seconds of fighting, having unnecessary Twilight like              pauses in between words, climbing something “because it’s there”

Sci Fi Themes: Being a starship captain, doing it with green women (which I have yet to actually see happen), Boldy going where…blah, blah, yawn.

Dossier: Born in Iowa, Kirk was on Tarsus IV when Kodos the executioner did his genocide impression. Kirk is the only person to have beaten the famous Kobayashi Maru test…oddly he did this in both the original and alternate versions. Kirk became a very young captain of the Starship Enterprise and totally used it to pick up space chicks. In between, he became BFFs with Bones and Spock and used their friendship and guidance to be a really cool captain. Kirk got it one with one Carol Marcus (rowr) and then had a space seed of his own, David Marcus. Conveniently enough, David is killed by Kilngons in Star Trek 3, making Star Trek 6 way more exciting. Captain  KIrk died while having a fight to the death with Captain Picard. Alas, Kirk was actually killed by the dude from A Clockwork Orange, so we still have no idea who is better: Kirk or Picard

« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 07:18:25 PM by anais.T Kirk »

anais.jude

« Reply #348 on: August 25, 2011, 07:01:09 PM »
Grossly Overrated – Boba Fett

(0 Points) 1 of 19 Lists – Voted by: LucasM

Full Name: Bobble Fett
Planet of Origin: That water planet
Position: Hunter of Booty…I mean Bounty. Taker of Han

Known For: Getting eaten by that thing in Return of the Jedi, having his back story ass raped by George Lucas, being a freak genetic clone

Sci Fi Themes: Cloning
Dossier: Ya know, it can’t be easy being a fake single father and simple man just trying to make your way in the universe while killing people and being chased by Jedis, but somehow, Jango Fett pulled it off. He and Bobble (later Boba as Bobble sounded too much like a soft drink) were livin the American Dream….in a galaxy that thinks “America” is a hemorrhoid cream. But Boba’s life was not meant to be wine and tapas for long. While still an impressionable young freak of nature, Boba witnessed his father being be-headed by the baddest mofo of the Universe. Samuel L. Windu. Boba decides that being a simple man trying to make his way in the universe is totally lame and grows up to be a bounty hunter. Then he takes Han away and that makes us mad!

anais.jude

« Reply #349 on: August 25, 2011, 07:01:44 PM »

#3 – Spock

(148 Points) 9 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 1 (Anais.T.Kirk)
Voted by: Gunflyer, Cole Stratton, Johnny Unusual, Darth Geek, Gofyblind, D. B. Barnes, Imrahil, FlockofRabidSheep, Anais.T. Kirk

And alternately

(^This version not technically voted by Im)

Full Name: Spoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooock
Planet of Origin: Vulcan
Position: Science Officer, Number 2, Kirk’s BFF, Socrates of Space

Known For: Having green blood and pointy ears, getting his Pon farr on, and signing about “the greatest little hobbit of them all”…oh wait, that was Leonard Nimoy. Also had a one man show about Vincent Van Spock.

Sci Fi Themes: Inner conflict and turmoil, finding your place in the universe when you are the child of two different worlds, logic rules over everything, including star fleet regulation. Star Trek depicts a "troika" of Spock, Kirk, and Doctor Leonard McCoy (DeForest Kelley); while McCoy often acts as Kirk's conscience, Spock offers the captain an emotionally detached, logical perspective

Dossier: RoninFox says it best in his iriff of Star Trek: The Motion Picture: “Spock Block.” Spock is a fighter. He will fight for his inner peace, fight for his captain (old and new). Spock will fight for his honour, his planet, and probably Vulcan stew. One of the greatest characters in all of science fiction, Spock will never do anything he does not see as a the logical path for him. A man completely in control of his own destiny, he makes the greatest sacrifice in Wrath of Khan only to be re-born in Search for Spock.

Therefore, Spock is God. WWSD

anais.jude

« Reply #350 on: August 25, 2011, 07:02:20 PM »
Worst Sci-Fi Character(s) Part 3 – The Entire Whitwicki Family, including Dogs, (Movie Version)

(0 Points) 1 of 19 Lists – Voted by: D.B. Barnes

And

Full Name: The Family Whitwicki
Patriarch: Ron Whitwicki
Matriarch: Judy Whitwicki
Idtiot Son: Sam Whitwicki
Dog: Mojo Whitwicki

From: Michael Bay Crapfest 1-3 (It’s MY list of crap and I can hate Transformers if I want to)
Planet of Origin: Earth (except Mojo….he is from planets beyond)
Position: Poster family for not breeding

Known For: Saying the stupidest lines, making me cringe and want to toss up my popcorn, being pretty one-dimensional….oh and having their house destroyed.

Sci Fi Themes: Aliens need human sidekicks
Dossier: The Grand Patriarch of the family, Archibald Whitwicki, was an explorer who discovered the transformers first. Then he left all of his crap to his idiot grandchild (despite him saying “No, no, no, no, no, no, no). His idiot grandchild turned out to be the savior of the human race…YAWN.

anais.jude

« Reply #351 on: August 25, 2011, 07:03:01 PM »
#2 – The Doctor

(155 Points) 7 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 1 (Doctor Who?, FlockofRabidSheep, and Johnny Unusual)
Voted by: Doctor Who?, TripeHoundRedux, Johnny Unusual, Gofyblind, LucasM, Imrahil, FlockofRabidSheep

And voted by number by our very own Imrahil……

Full Name: Unknown
Planet of Origin: Gallifrey
Position: Time Lord

Known For: Changing appearance ever couple of years, having females accompany him and his journey that he doesn’t have sex with, always has a british accent despite not being from Earth

Sci Fi Themes: Time travel, space, preservation of sentient life

Dossier: The Doctor is a Time Lord, an extraterrestrial from the planet Gallifrey, who travels through time and space in an internally vast time machine called the TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space). The Doctor explores the universe at random, using his extensive knowledge of science, technology and history (from his perspective) to avert whatever crisis he encounters unless it is a fixed point in time and space. The imprecise nature of his travels is initially attributed to the age and unreliability of the TARDIS's navigation system.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5035
« Reply #352 on: August 25, 2011, 07:15:26 PM »
Grossly Overrated – Boba Fett

(0 Points) 1 of 19 Lists – Voted by: LucasM

Dossier:While still an impressionable young freak of nature, Boba witnessed his father being be-headed by the baddest mofo of the Universe. Samuel L. Windu.

Glad he made the list (in this form ;) ).  In regards to this Dossier comment (which I like greatly), as I've commented elsewhere buried in the boards: for Boba to become the angry bounty hunter he later was, seeing his father beheaded in front of him in the prequels was pretty much a 'Fett Accompli'.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 07:17:18 PM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #353 on: August 25, 2011, 07:15:50 PM »
Dumbest Sci-Fi Characters Part 2 – Nick Miller and JK Robertson

I'd like to see this post in a more dignified suit!

Worst Sci-Fi Character(s) Part 3 – The Entire Whitwicki Family, including Dogs, (Movie Version)

YES! This is arguably the most irritating, shrieking, and loathsome group of people/animals that has ever been onscreen at the same time.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #354 on: August 25, 2011, 07:18:57 PM »

having females accompany him and his journey that he doesn’t have sex with

The most shocking super-power of all.  I was just watching "the Mind Robber."  Have you seen Zoe's ass?

The Tardis explodes but that's what fans are gonna remember.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #355 on: August 25, 2011, 07:20:19 PM »

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5035
« Reply #356 on: August 25, 2011, 07:21:16 PM »
It's odd... with Kirk, Spock and The Doctor out of the way, I honestly cannot think of who could be #1.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

anais.jude

« Reply #357 on: August 25, 2011, 07:22:38 PM »
Yea, I am not sure how long I will wait to post it, but I want you all to squirm!

Squirm! La conejita demands it!

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #358 on: August 25, 2011, 07:24:24 PM »
It's odd... with Kirk, Spock and The Doctor out of the way, I honestly cannot think of who could be #1.

Really? My guess is you ain't gonna like it.

anais.jude

« Reply #359 on: August 25, 2011, 07:26:13 PM »

Really? My guess is you ain't gonna like it.

That's cryptic. I want you to PM me with who you think Number 1 will be.