login

Author Topic: Top 110010 Sci-Fi Characters  (Read 55004 times)

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
Re: Top 110010 Sci-Fi Characters
« Reply #225 on: August 23, 2011, 12:05:34 PM »
You know Blair's famous quote "That thing wanted to be us!" He's talking about the prequel.

actually i dont. 

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #226 on: August 23, 2011, 01:30:37 PM »
You know Blair's famous quote "That thing wanted to be us!" He's talking about the prequel.

actually i dont.  
You gotta be fuckin' kidding...

;)

anais.jude

« Reply #227 on: August 23, 2011, 06:03:47 PM »
#18 – HAL - 9000

(71 Points) 6 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 5 (Johnny Unusual)
Voted by: Gunflyer, Katonic, Johnny Unusual, Gofyblind, D.B. Barnes, Imrahil,

Full Name: Heuristically programmed ALgorithmic computer version 9000
Planet of Origin: Earth (Urbana, IL to be precise)
Position: Maintainer of all shipboard systems on interplanetary missions, BFF to a lonely crew, very needy ex-gf type figure (think a computerized version of Alex from Fatal Attraction).

Known For: Asking Dave what he’s doing, expressing complex emotions through only his voice (kudos to Canadian voice actor Douglas Rain), and trying to kill EVERYONE….which somehow pushes Dave into the next dimension so he can be re-born as a star child? I am not sure what happens at that part actually, maybe I should read the book.

Sci Fi Themes: Robots…Robots with FEELINGS…Robots that can KILL

Dossier: Hal was created in a lab in Illinois (much like Robot Abraham Lincoln) in 1992 (or 1997 depending on book or film), which means he was created almost 20 years in the past for our sci-fi list. HAL’s momma, Dr. Chandra, was always riding HAL to be perfect, giving him those fancy cerebral implants that all the other mothers said were dangerous, but Dr. Chandra thought “to hell with that, my little HAL is winning that little miss beauty pageant so I can be on toddlers and tiarras.” Later in life, HAL makes a calculating error (he was thinking about his mother at the time) and Dave and his co-pilot, God, decide to shut HAL down; however, those pesky cognitive functions include a desire for self-preservation. HAL instead turns on those pesky humans, and, in one of the most brilliant scenes in all of cinema, slowly sings “Daisy Bell” while being aware of his own destruction. EPIC. I don’t think any of you guys read my dossier on Optimus Prime, so this dossier is a test…Did you pass?

anais.jude

« Reply #228 on: August 23, 2011, 06:06:10 PM »
#17 – Zaphod Beeblebrox

(72 Points) 5 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 1 (TripeHoundRedux)
Voted by: TripeHoundRedux, Cole Stratton, Imrahil, Anais.T. Kirk, Relaxing Dragon

And later

Of wait, I mean

Full Name: President Zaphod Beeblebrox I (or the Nothingth)
Planet of Origin: Betelgeuse
Position: Snake Oil Salesman, Politician, stealer of chicks we are interested in

Known For: Having two heads and three arms, caring more about fashion than actually doing his job, kidnapping himself

Sci Fi Themes: Politicians are stupid and merely talking heads, charisma wins elections….and chicks!

Dossier: Much like that other great charasmatic leader, Zapp Brannigan, let me merely run down the list of Zaphod’s impressive achievements:
•   invented the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster
•   was voted "Worst Dressed Sentient Being in the Known Universe" seven times.
•   been described as "the best Bang since the Big One" by Eccentrica Gallumbits, and as "one hoopy frood" by others.
•   "owner of the hippest place in the universe" (his own left cranium), as voted on in a poll of the readers of the fictional magazine Playbeing.
•   briefly the President of the Galaxy (a role that involves no power whatsoever, and merely requires the incumbent to attract attention so no one wonders who's really in charge, a role for which Zaphod was perfectly suited).
•   the only man to have survived the Total Perspective Vortex,
•   used his position as President of the Galaxy to steal the Heart of Gold, a spaceship taking advantage of Infinite Improbability Drive, at its unveiling.

anais.jude

« Reply #229 on: August 23, 2011, 06:07:36 PM »
#16 – Ellen Ripley

(73 Points) 7 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 5 (Compound)
Voted by: Compound, Katonic, Cole Stratton, Darth Geek, Monty, D. B. Barnes, Imrahil, Relaxing Dragon

Full Name: Ellen Ripley
From: The “Alien” Franchise (as long as Predator’s not involved)
Planet of Origin: Earth
Position: Warrant Officer/Lieutenant, Killer of the big nasty bug, doer of the big nasty bug (See Alien: Resurrection)

Known For: Wearing underpants a tad too small, kicking alien ass, and shaving her head and making it cool (unlike Demi Moore)

Sci Fi Themes: Girls Kick ASS! (All other themes pale in comparison to this one)

Dossier: Ripley was a member of the ship Nostromo. They were nicely making their way back to earth when they received a distress signal. Upon investigation, John Hurt gets a face hugger who plants an egg in his tummy. This egg later hatches and bursts through his gut. Parodies of these incidents can be seen in everything from MST3K (Tom looked so cute with that little face hugger) and Spaceballs (with Hurt revising his own role and stating “Oh no, not again.”) That cute little Alien became a big, bad ass monster Alien that liked to scare cats and kill Harry Dean Stanton. In the end, Ripley destroys the Alien with skimpy underpants power!

anais.jude

« Reply #230 on: August 23, 2011, 06:10:33 PM »
#15 – Crow T. Robot

(76 Points) 5 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 1 (Darth Geek)
Voted by: Katonic, Invader Quirk, Cole Stratton, Darth Geek, D. B. Barnes

Full Name: Crow T(he) Robot aka “Art”
Planet of Origin: The Satellite of Love (although made from parts that come from Earth)
Position: Goofy sidekick, film director, lover of Adrian Barbeau

Known For: Watching bad movies and then becoming characters from the film, like the time he watched “Riding with Death” and became….Turkey Volume Guessing Man!!

And here is crow as a Belarian

Also, is known to have his voice change inexplicably every seven years or so.

Sci Fi Themes: Evil Scientific Experiments, Inept Mad Scientists, the ability to eat and breathe in the middle of space for almost 10 years

Dossier: Crow's accomplishments during the show's run include:
•   Writing several screenplays, including
o   Earth vs. Soup (his seminal work) (seen in Earth vs the Spider)
o   Peter Graves at the University of Minnesota (Beginning of the End),
o   The Spy Who Hugged Me (Secret Agent Super Dragon)
o   Chocolate Jones and the Temple of Funk.
•   also wrote a rather poorly researched documentary titled Crow T. Robot's Bram Stoker's The Civil War,
•   Being an avid member of the Kim Cattrall and Estelle Winwood fan clubs.
•   Co-writing a satirical musical called Supercalifragilisticexpiali-wacky!
•   wrote a Christmas carol titled "Let's Have a Patrick Swayze Christmas", inspired by his favorite movie, "Road House"

anais.jude

« Reply #231 on: August 23, 2011, 06:11:27 PM »
I heart Zaphod.  And Mark Wing-Davey's portrayal, though I like Sam Rockwell's too.

I heart you for hearting Zaphod

anais.jude

« Reply #232 on: August 23, 2011, 06:15:59 PM »
#14 – Jean Luc Picard

(77 Points) 4 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 1 (D. B. Barnes)
Voted by: Doctor Who?, Johnny Unusual, D. B. Barnes, FlockofRabidSheep

Full Name: Captain Jean Luc Picard
Planet of Origin: Earth (La Barre, France…wait, he’s FRENCH, I had no idea)
Position: Captain of the Enterprise-D (Kirk having allowed the original to be destroyed in Star Trek 3), being the only man who can drink tea on a regular basis and still kick physical behind (unless Liam Neeson drinks tea), and sexiest bald man on the planet and beyond. Also, he loves to make things so.

Known For: The aforementioned bald head and tea drinking, also commands the Enterprise with an extremely different style, using diplomacy and leadership intelligence over his fists…therefore, his uniform didn’t rip nearly as often.

Sci Fi Themes: Mind over Matter, the French can fight (who knew), one should encourage iditiotic children instead of stranding them on Seti Alpha 6 (which is what I would have done to Wesley Crusher)

Dossier: Jean Luc totally knew he was destined for greatness. He fought hard to join starfleet academy and, once there, totally rocked archeaology, but was not perfect, having actual failed a semester of organic chemistry. This combination of hits and misses allowed Jean Luc to create a greater understanding people’s goodness and pitfalls. Picard was stabbed in the heart during a bar fight. Later he becomes a Borg, not once, not twice, but thrice! Throughout the series and movies, Picard has often struggled with two sides of himself, making him similar to Spock from TOS. Therefore, I propose Capt Picard is the love child of Spock and Capt Kirk ;)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2054
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #233 on: August 23, 2011, 06:22:05 PM »
When were the other 2 times he became a borg?

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #234 on: August 23, 2011, 06:29:19 PM »
I heart Zaphod.  And Mark Wing-Davey's portrayal, though I like Sam Rockwell's too.
Yep, probably the best part of the movie, aside for Neil Hannon's music

anais.jude

« Reply #235 on: August 23, 2011, 06:29:46 PM »
Most Godlike Character – Paul Atriedes

(0 Points) 1 of 19 Lists – Voted by: TripeHoundRedux

Full Name: Paul Atreides, later known as Paul Muad'Dib)
Planet of Origin: Caladan and Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuune
Position: Well..God

Known For: Being God, having bright Blue eyes, being played by the guy from Showgirls, The “Neo” of Dune

Sci Fi Themes:  Destination, riding worms, space travel
Dossier: The son of Duke Leto Atreides I and the Lady Jessica, Paul Atreides is the heir of House Atreides, a nuclear-armed aristocratic family that rules the planet Caladan. Early on, his father is forced to go to the Dune planet where he is then killed. Paul, his mamma, and his freaky ass baby sister go to live with the natives. There, the natives discove Paul is their messiah, and he, in turn, kills all the bad guys and rules the planet. Also, there was a movie made of this story, later riffed by RoninFox…check it out!

anais.jude

« Reply #236 on: August 23, 2011, 06:30:41 PM »
#13 – Peter Venkman

(81 Points) 5 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 5 (PakMan)
Voted by: PakMan, Johnny Unusual, Monty, Asbestos Bill, Anais.T. Kirk

Full Name: Peter Venkman Ph.D (He holds PhD's in both parapsychology and psychology…and those are real!)
Planet of Origin: Earth
Position: Believer in the supernatural, charmer of possessed woman, buster of ghosts (also, first Ghostbuster to get “slimed”)

Known For: Being more into money and scheming than actual science, showing his true colors when he needs to, saying the BEST. LINE. EVER. “Dogs and Cats, living together, Mass Hysteria”

Sci Fi Themes:  $$$, Charisma, and the supernatural   

Dossier: Venkman was born in Brooklyn and met his co-Ghostbusters, Egon Spengler and Raymond Stantz during college. Realizing that the paranormal, in addition to being pretty darn cool, was an easy way to make money, Peter turned his focus to studying the paranormal. Whether he truly believes in his own field at the beginning of the Ghostbusters film is a matter of speculation, but he certainly does by the end when he falls in love with a woman who turns into a dog. Oddly enough, this woman happened to have killed Aliens in an alternate life, odd how she couldn’t kick a little Gozor ass.

anais.jude

« Reply #237 on: August 23, 2011, 06:31:23 PM »
When were the other 2 times he became a borg?

I don't know, I have yet to watch, but one of them was in the movies I know...

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #238 on: August 23, 2011, 06:32:05 PM »
Most Godlike Character – Paul Atriedes

(0 Points) 1 of 19 Lists – Voted by: TripeHoundRedux
Love those books, hate that bastard. :)

Do like many of the other members of his family however.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 06:37:01 PM by Tripe H. Redux »

Watchman

« Reply #239 on: August 23, 2011, 06:39:44 PM »
#15 – Crow T. Robot

Dossier: Crow's accomplishments during the show's run include:
•   Writing several screenplays, including
o   Earth vs. Soup (his seminal work) (seen in Earth vs the Spider)
o   Peter Graves at the University of Minnesota (Beginning of the End),
o   The Spy Who Hugged Me (Secret Agent Super Dragon)
o   Chocolate Jones and the Temple of Funk.
•   also wrote a rather poorly researched documentary titled Crow T. Robot's Bram Stoker's The Civil War,
•   Being an avid member of the Kim Cattrall and Estelle Winwood fan clubs.
•   Co-writing a satirical musical called Supercalifragilisticexpiali-wacky!
•   wrote a Christmas carol titled "Let's Have a Patrick Swayze Christmas", inspired by his favorite movie, "Road House"

I feel compelled to make Crow multidimensional, thus referencing once more Episode 821: "Time Chasers".

Host segment 1: Tom sends Crow back in time to convince Mike the dude to stop taking temp jobs
Host segment 2: Crow succeeds and, returning to the SOL, finds Mike’s big brother Eddie in Mike’s place, and learns that Mike’s new future was worse than the old one
Host segment 3: Having seen the future, Crow returns to the past to keep Crow from performing his mission

• This episode got internet fans talking about the number of Crows that are out there—remember you also need to count the one that went back in time in Terror from the Year 5000!
 http://www.mst3kinfo.com/?p=4727

I like to think that Crow has more alternate timelines than Spock or John Connor.