login

Author Topic: Top 110010 Sci-Fi Characters  (Read 55038 times)

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
Re: Top 110010 Sci-Fi Characters
« Reply #150 on: August 19, 2011, 09:08:50 PM »
Damn elitist Airforce bastards!

Think they're so high and mighty.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3852
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #151 on: August 20, 2011, 12:27:52 AM »

What with their air and their force!

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5034
« Reply #152 on: August 20, 2011, 01:19:18 AM »
What with their air and their force!

Seriously... it feels like they are looking down at the rest of us!
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2011, 10:11:57 AM »
lol :)

anais.jude

« Reply #154 on: August 20, 2011, 09:36:19 PM »
#30 – Q

(48 Points) 3 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 1 (Gofyblind) Voted by: Monty, Gofyblind, D.B. Barnes

Full Name: Q-bert Von Godlypants (Citation Needed)
Planet of Origin: N/A; originates from the Q Continuum
Position: Trickster God-like creature who really likes humans (almost a little like Trelane from “The Squire of Gothos”)

Known For: Acting like a bi-polar 13 year old by going from jokester to ticking time bomb, appearing as a human in a starfleet captain’s uniform, getting punched in the face by #31.

Sci Fi Themes: Omnipotence, existence so complex human beings cannot understand it, even god-like beings can act like spoiled brats

Dossier: First showing up in Star Trek: TNG, Q has always been fascinated by humans. He assumes they are a dangerous race but is proven wrong by Picard. Later, he wants to study Riker (me too….rowr…oh not in that way, darn  ) to see how humans can ever possibly evolve behind beings like him. Q’s omnipotence is limited, it seems, because although he can figure out that humans shall evolve, he can’t figure out how. Also, there is something about a mirror universe and Q being the cause, and based on my star trek thread, I decided to stop reading the rest of the wiki page because I want to make my own opinions of the mirror universe.
Later on, Q is punched in the face by Sisko and Dr. Who? loved it.

anais.jude

« Reply #155 on: August 20, 2011, 09:56:03 PM »
#29 – Marty McFly

(49 Points) 3 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 5 (Anais.T.Kirk) Voted by: Johnny Unusual, Monty, Anais.T.Kirk

Oh, no, wait….here he is:

Full Name: Martin Seamus "Marty" McFly, Sr (aka Marty McSuperfly)
Planet of Origin: Earth
Position: Unwittingly becomes the first human time traveler (Einstein being the first mammal to experience time travel), Unwitting cupid for his own parents, bringer down of Biff Tannen and all forefathers.

Known For: Wearing a life vest in the 50s, wearing Nike’s in the 1880s, and kicking ass at Wild Gunman (despite it being a “baby’s toy” according to a young Elijah Wood) in 2015. Also, hates to be called “Chicken” and likes to say things are “Heavy”

Sci Fi Themes: Time Travel, Changing the Future for the better and changing the past for the worst, The Space Time Continuum can suck it when friendship is on the line.

Dossier: Once upon a time there was a young man named Marty living in Hill Valley, CA. He has a band, the love of a good woman, and crazypants Crispin Glover as a father. Being the good boy scout he is, Marty agrees to help his friend Dr. Emmett Brown test his new time machine. Of course, when the Libyans come, Marty has no choice but to drive said time machine to get away from the crazy terrorists (note to self: advise Obama to invest in Delorean’s for War against Terror). Marty ends up in the past and fucks things up royally, and then he has to fix it. He gets home by completing the greatest and most tension filled experiment of all time. Later, there are two sequels.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2054
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #156 on: August 20, 2011, 09:58:46 PM »
Where is it stated that his middle name is Seamus?

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

anais.jude

« Reply #157 on: August 20, 2011, 10:04:45 PM »
#28 – RoboCop

(50 Points) 5 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 9 (Monty) Voted by: Gunflyer, Katonic, Cole Stratton, Darth Geek, Monty

Full Name: OCP Crime Prevention Unit 001 (formerly Detroit Police Officer Alex James Murphy and usually referred to as simply RoboCop)
Position: Robot Cop and mirror into our own humanity. Also, destroyer of evil doers.

Known For: Well, Alex is known for being literally destroyed! (Have you seen that scene? EPIC! I was thinking about posting the youtube clip, but its pretty brutal. If you want to see it go to youtube and search for “robocop alex murphy death”)
Robocop is known for being not entirely machine. Once memories of his life and death resurface, Robocop goes on a vengeance mission against the men who killed him. Much carnage ensues.

Sci Fi Themes: Mans rebirth and immortality, the media, resurrection, gentrification, corruption, privatization, masculinity, and human nature.

Dossier: It is the future and Detroit, MI is overrun with crime and Juggalos (which is worse? A question for the ages). Alex Murphy is a good cop and a good man. He gets transferred to the really really bad part of Detroit (ya know, not where Eminem is from) and gets friggin DEMOLISHED! Seriously, his arm, hand, and very large pieces of flesh are stripped from his body by gunshots. One of the coolest movie deaths ever!...But I digress. Once the mere mortal Alex is killed (like killed is a good enough word for it), Omni Consumer Products, the current funders of the Detroit Police Department, go all 6 Million Dollar Man on Alex and create……Half Man, Half Machine, All Cop.

anais.jude

« Reply #158 on: August 20, 2011, 10:10:30 PM »
#27 – Mike Nelson

(51 Points) 5 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 9 (PakMan and Compound) Voted by: PakMan, Darth Geek, Imrahil, Compound

Full Name: Mike Nelson
Position: Mild mannered dope and test subject (according to Dr. Clayton Forrester)

Known For: Wearing a blue jumpsuit, making very funny commentaries about the films he is forced to watch, blowing up planets

Sci Fi Themes: Robots can be BFFs

Dossier: Is there anything I can write about this man that you don’t know?

Russell

« Reply #159 on: August 20, 2011, 10:50:46 PM »
#27 – Mike Nelson

(51 Points) 5 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 9 (PakMan and Compound) Voted by: PakMan, Darth Geek, Imrahil, Compound
Full Name: Mike Nelson
Mike Nelson? Who the hell is that?

Watchman

« Reply #160 on: August 21, 2011, 12:57:42 AM »
#27 – Mike Nelson

Dossier: Is there anything I can write about this man that you don’t know?

His bio becomes much more complex if you factor in the "Time Chasers" episode. Particularly: there's an alternate timeline wherein he's dead and his brother is hosting MST3K. (I'll leave it to someone else to make the prerequisite "Abrams alternate timeline joke")

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #161 on: August 21, 2011, 03:34:41 AM »
Wonder if Mike ever regrets quitting working at Fridays? :D

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2054
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #162 on: August 21, 2011, 06:31:11 AM »
The way he makes fun on Fridays on various Rifftrax. I guess he regrets it all the time.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

anais.jude

« Reply #163 on: August 21, 2011, 08:18:06 AM »
#26 – Arthur Dent

(54 Points) 5 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 2 (Johnny Unusual) Voted by: Doctor Who?, Invader Quirk, Johnny Unusual, Gofyblind, FlockofRabidSheep

And later…

(I prefer this ^ one…yum!)

Full Name: Arthur Phillip Dent
Position: The “Neo” of Earth

Known For: Wearing a dressing gown and slippers, not getting the hang of Thursdays, and as for his experience with tea, well this phrase sums it up best: Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

Sci Fi Themes: Being the chosen one, possibility and probability, the number 42

Dossier: Oh, poor Arthur Dent. One day he gets up and makes himself a cuppa, only to discover his home is soon  to be destroyed to make way for an intercity bypass. Then he realizes his bff is an alien from the planet Betelgeuse. Theeeeeen he learns the earth is about to be destroyed to make way for an intergalactic bypass. Luckily, Ford Prefect happens to be an excellent hitchhiker. Hilarity and probability and possibility ensue.

anais.jude

« Reply #164 on: August 21, 2011, 08:18:51 AM »
#25 – Zim

(54 Points) 4 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 6 (PakMan and Invader Quirk) Voted by: PakMan, Invader Quirk, Darth Geek, Relaxing Dragon)

Full Name: Zim
Planet of Origin: The Irken Homeworld
Position: Banished and Disgraced (and short) Invader of Earth

Known For: Having a malfunctioning robot assistant/friend/companion thing, GIR, being rather inept, having his plans foiled every episode only to come back with another one the following week (greenlight that sucker).

Sci Fi Themes: Alien Invaders a la Orsen Welles…well Fat Orsen Welles

Dossier: Overzealous, impulsive and convinced of his own greatness, Zim is incompetent as an invader. He constantly schemes to enslave or destroy mankind and, despite his access to potent Irken technology, his plans, frequently based on misconceptions, are never successful (sorry guys, that was totally stolen from Wikipedia, but I have actually never seen this show).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 07:41:40 PM by anais.T Kirk »