Author Topic: Top 110010 Sci-Fi Characters  (Read 55559 times)

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
Re: Top 110010 Sci-Fi Characters
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2011, 09:19:07 PM »
Worst Sci- Fi Character  – Terl

(0 Points) 1 of 19 Lists – Nominated by: Katonic

This must be some kind of mistake!
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

anais.jude

« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2011, 09:24:16 PM »
#35 – Ender

(42 Points) 3 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 1 (Asbestos Bill) Voted by: Johnny Unusual, Asbestos Bill, Anais.T.Kirk

Full Name: Andrew "Ender" Wiggin
Planet of Origin: Earth
Position: The “Neo” in Earth’s fight against the “buggers” a race of….bug like beings
Known For: Being a third child when technically only two children are allowed per couple, having the right mix of compassion and military strategy, being used as a military tool.

Sci Fi Themes: Compassion and Military strategy are the best ways to be a true leader, using computer simulations as military training, leaders are made by their environment not their genetics (when you compare Ender and his brother, Peter), the indestructible will of a young child.

Dossier: A child genius, Ender was practically created to lead the human race in their fight against the buggers. Being a genius and an outcast (remember, people in this society do not look kindly to parents who produce more than two offspring), Ender had no one but his sister,  Valentine, to look up too. After being accepted to Battle School at a young age, Ender is moulded into humanity’s hope against the buggers, this backfires because Ender, who has never really had friends, learns and understands very specific ideas about compassion. This compassion allows him to feel betrayed at being used by the military and, in the end, he chooses to save the last surviving bugger queen so the bugger race can continue to exist.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 09:00:25 AM by anais.T Kirk »

anais.jude

« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2011, 09:24:42 PM »
#34 – The Terminator

(42 Points) 4 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 12 (Darth Geek and Imrahil) Voted by: Darth Geek, Imrahil, Katonic and Relaxing Dragon

Full Name: Machines don’t have names…duh, but his official model is “Cyberdyne Systems Model 101"
Planet of Origin: Post-Judgment Day Earth
Position: Killer of people, especially John Connor. Later, protector of John Connor

Known For: Saying awesome one-liners in an Austrian accent, Hilarious (and violent) misunderstandings of pre-judgement day earth culture, always showing up naked at the beginning of the films

Sci Fi Themes: Machines can love….but they mostly blow shit up

Dossier: So, Judgment Day happens and Skynet (those bastards) builds the T-101 model. Kyle Reese goes back in time because he realizes A) one of the T-101 is going back in time to kill John Connor…who happens to be his kid (I guess Kyle is the original doer of the nasty in the pasty). Later, the T-101 is sent back to protect John Connor…twice. This was not the same T-101, though, because he dies in every movie. Basically, Skynet thought Ahnuld was the best model for a humanoid robot. Considering the fact that a T-101 became the governor of California, they appear to be correct
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 09:02:27 AM by anais.T Kirk »

anais.jude

« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2011, 09:26:48 PM »
On the modified list....

#33 – Data

(44 Points) 3 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 6 (FlockofRabidSheep) Voted by: Johnny Unusual, FlockofRabidSheep, and D.B. Barnes

Full Name: Lieutenant Commander Data
Planet of Origin: Technically Omicron Theta,  but do androids really have a planet of origin? I mean really
Position: Second Officer and Chief Operations Officer, Comic Relief, Droid

Known For: Yellow skin, somehow having been created with the ability to do “it,” being annoying more than funny

Sci Fi Themes: He’s a frickin android trying to determine how humans act so he can be more like one. What’s more sci fi than that?

Dossier: Created by a man who isn’t Khan (despite the similar last name), named Dr. Noonien Soong, Data has spent his time tyring to be human while offering social commentary on the human race. Apparently, he sacrificed himself to save Picard in one of the movies I never bothered watching.

anais.jude

« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2011, 09:27:15 PM »
#32 – Jayne

(42 Points) 4 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 8 (Compound) Voted by: Compound, TripeHoundRedux, Asbestos Bill, Anais.T.Kirk

Full Name: Jayne Cobb
Planet of Origin: Earth
Position: Hired Gun

Known For: Being a big dumb oaf, yet clearly having a compassionate side for Kaylee (the ships engineer) and his mother (whom he sends his money too). Also LOVES guns.

Sci Fi Themes: Protect yourself above all others, comedy in the face of death is a good idea, being the hero of Canton, the man they call Jayne (so also being a Johnny Cash reference)

Dossier: Jayne had been a mercernary/gun for hire/ all around scoundrel for several years before becoming a member of Malcolm Reynolds Firefly crew. He likes guns, explosions, and booty (money and female). Although he carries himself with a very tough exterior, he has true elements of compassion. He clearly has a crush on Kaylee, he has cried on two occasions, especially seeing young men die for no reason. Had the show continued (like it should have…stupid Fox…grumble) Jayne would have developed into one hell of a character.

anais.jude

« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2011, 09:28:39 PM »
#31 – Captain Benjamin Sisko

(42 Points) 2 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 1 (Compound) Voted by: Gunflyer, Compound

Full Name: Captain Benjamin Lafayette Sisko
Planet of Origin: Earth (New Orleans, actually, which is pretty cool)
Position: Captain 
Known For: Being a single daddy, really not liking Captain Picard (due to the fact that he is a Kirk fan), and love Baseball (therefore, he is now cool in my mind)

Sci Fi Themes: Forgiveness and repentance, prophecy, and bitchin creole cookin

Dossier: Born to a creole chef from New Orleans and a woman possessed by what I can only figure are the Star Trek version of Bularians, Ben Sisko joined starfleet, fell in love and had a baby boy. Then Picard got all Borg-ed out and killed his wife (indirectly). This pissed Ben off to no end and tried to avoid Starfleet and focus on raising his son. Later he is given command of Deep Space Nine and, through much soul searching, forgives Captain Picard. He then goes on to lead many exciting adventures of which some people on the forum love, and others didn’t like that much

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2011, 09:29:51 PM »
On the modified list....

#33 – Data

(44 Points) 3 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 6 (FlockofRabidSheep) Voted by: Johnny Unusual, FlockofRabidSheep, and D.B. Barnes

Oh, look at that! Thanks for taking the time.  :)
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

anais.jude

« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2011, 09:30:44 PM »
#32 – Jayne

(42 Points) 4 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 8 (Compound) Voted by: Compound, TripeHoundRedux, Asbestos Bill, Anais.T.Kirk

FYI, this man is HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOT I SAY

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2011, 09:31:04 PM »
Heh i should of made a list lol.  Could of bumped the emisary up some.  I love your write ups Anais lol.

Russell

« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2011, 10:33:36 PM »
Man, Sisko just cannot grow a goatee.
Im-rah-il, If you have some-thing, to say to me, then say, it! :D

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2011, 10:41:10 PM »
Hehe thread spill over.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2011, 05:50:54 AM »
Man,  Data again?  This is going to be a confusing list compilation I think.

Nice to see Ender on there.  I found it to be a great book, though I was dismayed to learn about author Orson Scott Card's staunch anti-gay views, which turned me off of reading the rest of the series (though I'm sure are great).  It's not always easy to separate the artist and the art.

I really like Jayne, but in the end, he didn't make my list.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6572
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2011, 07:13:34 AM »
*sigh* I hate to be "that guy", but there are a few mistakes in the Terminator and Ender writeups. For Ender, you refer to him as Bender several times. And for The Terminator, you rafer to the Arnold character as the T-1000 a few times
Considering the fact that a T-1000 became the governor of California, they appear to be correct

for example

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2011, 07:17:59 AM »
Well, the T-1000 is an evil shapeshifter, which would explain Arnold's actions... over his entire life.

Russell

« Reply #119 on: August 19, 2011, 07:33:42 AM »
Haha, I'm glad to see someone else noticing his weird-ass speech patterns. :)
Meh, just like Captain Kirk, I could care less about his speech patterns, Sisko is probably
the only main character in a Trek series who could knock a God on his ass... wait a minute, he DID
knock Q on his ass! And guess what? Q never messed with DS9 ever again! If that isn't
a testament to his "badassery", then I don't know what is. ;)