Author Topic: Top 110010 Sci-Fi Characters  (Read 55702 times)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5044
Re: Top 110010 Sci-Fi Characters
« Reply #180 on: August 21, 2011, 04:05:09 PM »
#39 – Scotty
Voted by: Doctor Who?, Gofyblind, FlockofRabidSheep, Anais.T. Kirk

For those of you who are Scotty fans, particularly those who don't know about the t-shirt site www.teefury.com, you may want to check out the site before midnight today (Sunday).  The tees are only on sale for 24 hours, and there's only 5 hours to go til it is permanently retired:

At teefury, the tees are only $10 each with $2.50 shipping (to the US).  They are VERY high quality, both in durability of the 100% cotton tees and in the quality of the silkscreening.  [And no, I don't get a referral commission, I just think they are great tees and others may like them.]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #181 on: August 21, 2011, 06:53:55 PM »
I like the idea for the shirt, but the execution is wonky; the letter spacing is way off in that sign, and that would annoy me.

Yeah, for the details section I think it is the font that was chosen.  The kerning is uneven for the font so that different letters have more space between them and the next letter than the others [like the 'R' and 'Y' in 'crystals'].  But mostly to me, it is that the person tried to stretch each line to come closer to filling the space, so that the spaces between words is too great.  If he'd left out a line, and made all the words larger it would've fit nicely without the extra spacing between words.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

anais.jude

« Reply #182 on: August 22, 2011, 05:38:06 PM »
#23 – Bones

(58 Points) 5 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 3 (Anais.T.Kirk)
Voted by: Invader Quirk, Asbestos Bill, Imrahil, FlockofRabidSheep, Anais.T. Kirk

and in Lens Flare land….

Full Name: Dr. Leonard H. "Bones" McCoy
Planet of Origin: Earth
Position: Doctor…lady…DR. Lady!, Oh no, just a regular doctor. Also, emotional counterpoint to Spock’s crazy logic

Known For: Cursing his ship’s captain in order to advise he is a doctor, being slightly racist against Vulcans, stating to Capt Kirk that someone is deceased (he has used the phrase “He’s Dead, Jim” at least 20 times in TOS) and being the coolest character on the Enterprise (IMO).

Sci Fi Themes: Doctor’s can do anything…especially SPACE Doctors! In every decision one must take all factors, including morality and emotions, into account to make the best decision

Dossier: Leonard McCoy is a young southern doctor. He likes Mint Julips and is a little opposed to blood that isn’t red. Always taking into account people and their individual lives and needs, Bones has come to represent an emotional conscious for his Captain. Also, unlike Spock, Bones is not opposed to standing up to Capt Kirk for what he believes in, although he would only go against a direct order if it was absolutely necessary (or involved Mint Julips).

anais.jude

« Reply #183 on: August 22, 2011, 05:40:14 PM »
#22 – Optimus Prime

(59 Points) 3 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 3 (Gunflyer and Darth Geek)
Voted by: Gunflyer, PakMan, Darth Geek

Full Name: Optimus Prime
Planet of Origin: Cybertron
Position: His official title: Great Robo-kicker of ass. Alternatively, he leads the Autobots and gives “sage” advise to Shia (this advice has never been, “Shut up”)

Known For: Being calm, cool, and collective in leadership situations….and when that fails, turning into a bad-ass semi.

Sci Fi Themes: Aliens that are cars! Robots that are in disguise! Winners don’t use drugs!

Dossier: Optimus Prime was born to a loving family. His father was Taco Truck and his mother was a dainty and feminine Hummer. They raised Optimus in the most loving way, always doting on him and his brother, Megatron (who they kept calling “Future leader of the Deceptions” for some strange reason). Alas, all was not perfect in the Prime household. Optimus’ dad liked to take weekend trips with his friends. Little did Optimus realize that on these trips his father would come to earth and wreak havoc. One of this weekend trips is documented and narrated by Emilio Estevez in the Academy Award winning “Maximum Overdrive.” On one of his final trips to earth, Optimus’ father was killed by a young man named Michael who lived in the Bay area. Vowing his vengeance, Optimus waits patiently for the day he can have his revenge.*

*I have no idea the story of Optimus Prime. Please feel free to mention the correct one

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2054
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #184 on: August 22, 2011, 06:53:50 PM »
Wooooooo!  Optimus!

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #185 on: August 22, 2011, 06:58:47 PM »
I can't believe I forgot to put McCoy on my list.  I also can't believe we are more then half way done with this list and not single Babylon 5  character has turned up.

anais.jude

« Reply #186 on: August 22, 2011, 07:06:42 PM »
What is Babylon 5 anyway?

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #187 on: August 22, 2011, 07:10:42 PM »
Why the Babylon Project was a dream given form. Its goal: to prevent another war by creating a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences peacefully. It was a port of call, home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal, all alone in the night. It could be a dangerous place, but it was our last, best hope for peace.

Or something like that.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #188 on: August 22, 2011, 07:11:10 PM »
#23 – Bones

You forgot to mention, current keeper of the famous ancestral McCoy family recipe for baked beans.

anais.jude

« Reply #189 on: August 22, 2011, 07:38:01 PM »
#21 – Captain Jack

(59 Points) 3 of 19 Lists – Highest Vote: Number 2 (FlockofRabidSheep)
Voted by: Gofyblind, LucasM, FlockofRabidSheep

Full Name: Captain Jack Harkness
From: Dr. Who, Torchwood, Many many people’s inner fantasies
Planet of Origin: Earth
Position: Head of Torchwood, a British organization that stops the supernatural

Known For: Being a WHORE. Also, being the first character on Dr Who that can’t get married in most states.

Sci Fi Themes: Aliens, Supernatural, Time Travel and SEX. LOTS AND LOTS OF SEX.

Dossier: Jack was a villain who became a hero after hanging out with Christopher Eccelston (probably the only man who can ever say that). Jack’s heroics include destroying his own ship by putting a bomb on it to say the Doctor and then throws himself at the mercy of the Daleks only to have them slowly eat him alive…..oh wait, no he just sacrificed himself to the Daleks, they didn’t eat him. Luckily for the Captain, Torchwood just happened to be hiring and Starz just happened to buy the show off of BBC.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #190 on: August 22, 2011, 07:39:17 PM »
I've been rewatching B5 and I dunno if it's just that I'm older or more cynical, or what, but the bad CGI, bad acting (mostly from guest stars and walk-on roles, but still) and generally melodramatic tone seem really rampant this time around.  I think that's why I didn't prioiritize any B5 characters.
[/quote

]Thats why I generally reffer to it as the poor mans Deep Space Nine
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 07:42:59 PM by Sideswipe »

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #191 on: August 22, 2011, 07:41:09 PM »
Also, being the first character on Dr Who that can’t get married in most states
*cough*Adric*cough*

anais.jude

« Reply #192 on: August 22, 2011, 07:42:21 PM »
Also, being the first character on Dr Who that can’t get married in most states
*cough*Adric*cough*

I got my info from Wiki

Also: The Zim picture has been updated

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #193 on: August 22, 2011, 07:43:12 PM »
I told you not to do that.

Also I may be making a mean spirited aside.

Or maybe not
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 07:45:26 PM by Tripe H. Redux »

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #194 on: August 22, 2011, 07:44:04 PM »
#21 – Captain Jack

Known For: Being a WHORE.

Technically, he's a slut... he never charges anyone for it.  ;D