Author Topic: New Short "Eggs to Market" Now Available!  (Read 4998 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
New Short "Eggs to Market" Now Available!
« on: August 12, 2011, 11:42:48 AM »
http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/eggs-market

There are lots of places you could take eggs. You could take eggs to a party! You could take eggs to the museum! You could take eggs to prom! You could take eggs to the workplace of your romantic rival, lock his office door from the inside and then plug in a hot plate, put a skillet onto that hot plate and slowly, one-by-one, crack the eggs on the edge of the skillet, letting them sizzle as you maintain steady eye contact with this man, your nemesis, as his terror grows exponentially in the face of your unflinching refusal to answer his questions about why you’re there and what you’re going to do to him. Or you could take Eggs to Market!

From filthy chicken cages to depressed factory workers to big goopy buckets of yolk matter, Eggs to Market is full of delightful behind-the-scenes egg-packaging fun!

Mike, Kevin, and Bill enjoyed Eggs to Market, but it did nothing to change their view that eggs should primarily be used as bacon grease delivery systems.

http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/eggs-market
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked:
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Re: New Short "Eggs to Market" Now Available!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 02:06:14 PM »
Oooh! Double feature with "The Chicken of Tomorrow" time!

Offline fodder650

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 01:30:38 PM »
I learned that eggs do exist without bacon
I learned that being allergic to chicken saves me from a woman who touches every egg
I learned that the music in these shorts was chosen by someone whose tone deaf and just randomly placed a 45 on the record player
I learned they go through a lot of trouble to sort eggs to then crack and separate them later anyway
I learned a persons cholesterol count can go up just by watching a short
Fodder's just this guy, you know.

Offline stansimpson

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked:
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 05:35:33 PM »
Just watched this one. Funny how the guys can turn watching eggs get crated into the funny.

Big question tho: Mike has a line in a creepy voice that goes: "It's midnight in the egg yard and the cackleberries are asleep." What is this in reference to?

Offline The Lurker

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 05:49:00 PM »
Just watched this one. Funny how the guys can turn watching eggs get crated into the funny.

Big question tho: Mike has a line in a creepy voice that goes: "It's midnight in the egg yard and the cackleberries are asleep." What is this in reference to?
Probably just a reference to spy code.

Offline stansimpson

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked:
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 04:55:48 AM »

Probably just a reference to spy code.

Ohh, okay. Thanks! That makes sense too. Here I was reading waaay too deep into it. Haha.

Offline Darkwalker

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 05:35:24 PM »
Sounds like hep cat speak to me.

Offline Scrivener

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • P.S. Productions: Getting the last word in.
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 12:56:58 PM »
Exactly.  "Cackleberries" is just a humorous, slangy term for "eggs."  Beatnik, jazz-club inflection optional.

My personal favorite was always "hen fruit," but that's probably because I heard it first in a Three Stooges short.
Buy P.S.Productions' iRiffs.  NOW AVAILABLE: