login

Author Topic: Ren and Stimpy  (Read 13911 times)

Offline googergieger

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
  • The Impact Kid
    • myspace
Re: Ren and Stimpy
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2007, 03:21:56 PM »
the creator of ren and stimpy is an arrogant prick who got lucky people like his overrated crap enough to have such a big head but not big enough that it'd rip right through him.

Believe me, you wish that you have as much talent (not to mention, money) as John Kricfalusi does.

I wonder what would have happened if they had the Internet back in, say, the '40s? You would have seen so much crap about how Bob Clampett is "the most overrated, ever!" Or, in the '50s, people screaming at the top of their lungs that "Jerry Lewis isn't funny, doucheeeeee!"

money? yes. talent? well talent doesn't mean luck man. sorry to break it to you.

whats hilarious about ren and stimpy?  i mean the actual humor in it is what fart jokes? did that man love a good one i tell you what!

oh yeah i forgot. it was "random", oh no wait its a show you have to like otherwise your friends or lack there of might not think you are cool anymore.

its a crap show. the creator accused the simpsons of ripping him off, and south park.
Stand by for action!

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2007, 01:09:11 PM »
its a crap show. the creator accused the simpsons of ripping him off, and south park.

WIthout Ren and Stimpy, there would be no South Park. Without Ren and Stimpy, there would be no Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Without Ren and Stimpy, there would be no Spongebob Squarepants. Without Ren and Stimpy, there would probably be no Family Guy. Heck, without Ren and Stimpy, there would be no Adult Swim!!!!

See where I'm going with this?

Offline googergieger

• Magneto-cent Member
  • The Impact Kid
    • myspace
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2007, 01:17:08 PM »
ren and stimpy is responsible for a lot of crap?

or you can talk out of your ass?
Stand by for action!

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2007, 01:20:54 PM »
ren and stimpy is responsible for a lot of crap?

Correction: popular crap!

or you can talk out of your ass?

Krikfalusi would be proud of my ass-talking abilities.

;)

Offline googergieger

• Magneto-cent Member
  • The Impact Kid
    • myspace
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2007, 01:54:45 PM »
thats nice.

for fun though explain how its responsible for the popular crap you mentioned.

also explain to me how its responsible for the simpsons as the creator has said.
Stand by for action!

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2007, 02:22:07 PM »
The Simpsons - not so much, but a lot of the artistic style you see in Spongebob can definitely be seen in Ren and Stimpy.....
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2007, 02:22:21 PM »
I intentionally left out the Simpsons because I don't know if Ren and Stimpy had any influence on them at all.

However, all the other animated shows I mentioned have a lot in common. They all are quite vulgar and have lots of toilet humor(aside from Spongebob), have a lot of non sequiturs and oddness about them. Lots of their content doesn't make sense, and is highly charged. Not to mention ballsy. As for Spongebob, that show is so full of goofiness, and I can't see or hear Spongebob without thinking of Stimpy!

Anyway, the way Ren and Stimpy stood out from the crowd back then is quite miraculous. Too bad it lost its touch and disappeared.

Offline googergieger

• Magneto-cent Member
  • The Impact Kid
    • myspace
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2007, 03:13:11 PM »
yes but you see unlike ren and stimpy the shows you mentioned have some humor behind them too. the jokes in family guy may have nothing to do with the plot, but at least it does have jokes. aqua teen hunger force as well can be seen as "random" however it still has a lot of humor as well. from carl, shake, plutonians, and the mooninites.

i mean you are saying animation influenced these cartoons, i mean in that case would everything else be a ripoff of the first cartoon ever made?

ren and stimpy wasn't even that vulgar. it just tried for the gross out humor, and fart jokes. that was all there was to it. hell give me tex avery as far as a revolutionary for cartoon humor goes.
Stand by for action!

Offline Hank_Peters

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Look at my crotch!
    • My music
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2007, 06:27:45 PM »
yes but you see unlike ren and stimpy the shows you mentioned have some humor behind them too. the jokes in family guy may have nothing to do with the plot, but at least it does have jokes.

Not only do I find it outrageously hilarious that you put 'humor' and 'Family Guy' in the same sentence, but you claim that "at least Family Guy had jokes" (rough quote). I'm more than positive that John might've accidentally slipped in one tiny joke during the shows whole run. But hey, we can't all be ignorant assholes!

Offline googergieger

• Magneto-cent Member
  • The Impact Kid
    • myspace
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2007, 06:53:17 PM »
you are right.

"awkard moment? i'll give you an awkard moment. one time while making love i called lois mel."

thats no joke at all. right?

i have disliked family guy since before it was cool, just like i have disliked ren and stimpy since before it was cool to like it.

you sir seem to hate with no reason for it.  at least i have reasons for it.
Stand by for action!

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2007, 01:41:42 PM »
whats hilarious about ren and stimpy?

How about actually watching it to find out?
[yt=425,350]Wg5qLx_ACeU[/yt]

And another thing: I have never heard John K. accuse the writers of The Simpsons of ripping him off. You have to understand that he's an old-school animation fan. He doesn't like anything new. These cartoons go back to a lot of old-school humor, including Bob Clampett cartoons and The Three Stooges shorts. So enough with the whining because he criticized your favorite show. Whoop-de-shit.

(BTW, I like Family Guy in addition to Ren & Stimpy

...and Mission Hill.)
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline googergieger

• Magneto-cent Member
  • The Impact Kid
    • myspace
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2007, 06:30:00 PM »
whats hilarious about ren and stimpy?

How about actually watching it to find out?
[yt=425,350]Wg5qLx_ACeU[/yt]

And another thing: I have never heard John K. accuse the writers of The Simpsons of ripping him off. You have to understand that he's an old-school animation fan. He doesn't like anything new. These cartoons go back to a lot of old-school humor, including Bob Clampett cartoons and The Three Stooges shorts. So enough with the whining because he criticized your favorite show. Whoop-de-shit.

(BTW, I like Family Guy in addition to Ren & Stimpy

...and Mission Hill.)

he criticized home movies? thats my favorite cartoon anyway. oh wait no i'm sorry. you're an idiot.

anyways i've seen ren and stimpy. like i said. shit.

you want to go for old school cartoons and revolutionary's? all about tex avery homeskillet.
Stand by for action!

Offline Hank_Peters

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Look at my crotch!
    • My music
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2007, 08:41:46 PM »
But this is a thread about Ren & Stimpy, not Tex Avery. Plus, I don't think anybody here claimed once that R&S was revolutionary, so why do you always want to argue that it's not?

Offline googergieger

• Magneto-cent Member
  • The Impact Kid
    • myspace
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2007, 08:52:56 PM »
WIthout Ren and Stimpy, there would be no South Park. Without Ren and Stimpy, there would be no Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Without Ren and Stimpy, there would be no Spongebob Squarepants. Without Ren and Stimpy, there would probably be no Family Guy. Heck, without Ren and Stimpy, there would be no Adult Swim!!!!

i win.

:)
Stand by for action!

Offline Hank_Peters

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Look at my crotch!
    • My music
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2007, 09:11:21 PM »
Inspiration is different from a Revolution. If R&S was indeed a revolutionary cartoon, every cartoon would be exactly like R&S. It didn't change the way cartoons were made, it didn't change the way we lived, but it sure as hell paved the way for a lot of lesser cartoons (kinda like the Faith no More effect). Tex Avery is a revolutionary, yes. Without his Loony Toons, cartoons would be a whole lot different today (although Walt Disney also started caused a big impact at around the same time). And without Avery, Chuck Jones would've never gave us the great Bugs Bunny cartoons that we all watched when we were kids. In the long run, yeah, Avery made a huge impact to the animation industry. But in the long run, so what? Ren and Stimpy is just as enjoyable even if it didn't do shit to the way the industry was run.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 09:18:39 PM by Hank_Peters »