Author Topic: Anais.Jude's Star Trek Odyssey  (Read 117645 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5206
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Anais.Jude's Star Trek Odyssey
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2011, 08:17:12 PM »
So, I am fairly certain that The Empath is the WORST episode of TOS.
Oh Stop It! It was not.. Some other episode was :P

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2011, 08:35:45 PM »

The space hippies and evil children would like a word with you.

I dislike the space hippies, but I can stand it.  The evil children only mildly annoyed me.  But the stupid mute chick doing beatnik performance art for a whole half-hour out of the episode was enough to make me say "Oh god... Why?" every time she was on screen.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2011, 08:43:19 PM »

I dislike the space hippies, but I can stand it.  The evil children only mildly annoyed me.  But the stupid mute chick doing beatnik performance art for a whole half-hour out of the episode was enough to make me say "Oh god... Why?" every time she was on screen.

if by evil children you mean the Miri episode, then i totally got to disagree.  I loved that one. 

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3193
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2011, 08:56:29 PM »

I dislike the space hippies, but I can stand it.  The evil children only mildly annoyed me.  But the stupid mute chick doing beatnik performance art for a whole half-hour out of the episode was enough to make me say "Oh god... Why?" every time she was on screen.

if by evil children you mean the Miri episode, then i totally got to disagree.  I loved that one.  

I doubt that, I'm sure it's the bad episode with an evil being controlling some children, "And The Children Shall Lead", one of the many stinkers from season 3.

Russell

« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2011, 08:58:27 PM »
Um... NO. Turnabout intruder, Omega Glory, Spock's brain are all top contenders
for that spot. The Empath isn't even remotely close to the worst.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2011, 09:04:58 PM »
And The Children Shall Lead wasn't that bad of an episode... the only really bad part of it had to do with casting.  They certainly casted some ugly kids....  but the episode wasn't all too bad.

Way To Eden was a dumb episode, yes, but I still personally dislike The Empath much much more.  I was rooting for the death of the empath chick the entire episode simply so I wouldn't have to watch her anymore.

Yes, I could have just skipped it, but that kind-of defeats the point of a marathon, don't it?

Currently, I'm on the half-and-half faced guy....  he reminds me of Patton Oswald
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2011, 09:07:48 PM »

I dislike the space hippies, but I can stand it.  The evil children only mildly annoyed me.  But the stupid mute chick doing beatnik performance art for a whole half-hour out of the episode was enough to make me say "Oh god... Why?" every time she was on screen.

if by evil children you mean the Miri episode, then i totally got to disagree.  I loved that one.  

I doubt that, I'm sure it's the bad episode with an evil being controlling some children, "And The Children Shall Lead", one of the many stinkers from season 3.

That's correct. I think "And The Children" is my least favorite, because at least the Way to Eden has Charles Napier singing and proto-rapping.

Kirk as an Indian and zombie Spock are probably my least favorite, but it's really a toss up with at least 1/3 of the last season episodes.

Russell

« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2011, 09:09:10 PM »
Way To Eden was a dumb episode, yes, but I still personally dislike The Empath much much more.  I was rooting for the death of the empath chick the entire episode simply so I wouldn't have to watch her anymore.
Okay just because you're a fan of the pointlessly macabre doesn't make the episode bad.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2011, 09:09:34 PM »
And The Children Shall Lead wasn't that bad of an episode... the only really bad part of it had to do with casting.  They certainly casted some ugly kids.... 

Be sure to mention that to Shatner if you ever meet him....  (hehehehe  evil laugh...)

Russell

« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2011, 09:19:32 PM »
This may be OT but why do my messages keep getting marked as Spam?

anais.jude

« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2011, 09:19:45 PM »
My thread has been taken over. What was I thinking!

Russell

« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2011, 09:24:06 PM »
???

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2011, 09:24:36 PM »

It's in honour of all the many many times the Enterprise got taken over by enemy forces....

Russell

« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2011, 09:25:55 PM »

It's in honour of all the many many times the Enterprise got taken over by enemy forces....
Yeah, totally, like the time the Rolling stones came on board and painted all the doors
black.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2011, 10:43:03 PM »
well if you want it back on topic post about another eipsode you watched, the only reason i posted here was so i could better watch your journey through trek.  as an avid trek fan myself yet someone who hasnt seen a lot of tos i've been curious about your journey.