Author Topic: House, MD  (Read 45630 times)

Offline Cassandra1982

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Re: House, MD
« Reply #405 on: May 05, 2011, 09:53:59 PM »
Hooray! Thirteen is back and Masters is probably leaving the show forever!

Oh, wait, that's the exact opposite of what I wanted to happen. I think I'm about done with this show, honestly; it feels like they're just keeping the status quo by breaking up House and Cuddy and bringing Thirteen back. I loved that they were trying to really move characters forward as of late, but no, let's take it all back because we only know how to write one type of drama!  :angry:

I think it's more they only know how to write for one type of Character, House (and to a lesser extent Wilson).  They just seems to have no plans or ideas what to do with the other characters, they're just in the background.

I am so sick of every freaking show making you wait season after season to see certain characters finally together, only to rip them apart for "good" drama mid season.  House and Cuddy were working together, sure they were not perfect, but who is.  I know House is not mr. perfect, but does anyone here think that Cuddy is perfect?  I don't.  It is like her mom said, who else would put up with either one of them?  I know everyone loves to watch a show and fall in love with the possibility of certain characters getting together, rooting for them for years.  But does anyone, ANYONE enjoy them getting broken up over stupid crap?  Personally I wanted them to stay together.  I liked sober somewhat happy House with over bearing control freak Cuddy.  I thought the ways they were working through their personal life getting mixed with work life was making the show interesting.  We get it.  House likes drugs and hookers.  Been there, done that... A lot on this show.  Time for some new material.  Next thing you know, they will hook up House and 13 just to piss everyone off.  Someone gets sick and almost dies every single episode.  Is this not enough drama for us? 

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 275
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #406 on: May 06, 2011, 02:19:26 AM »
Unfortunately, all good dramas eventually turn into soap operas. That has happened to House, M.D.

Although I still enjoy the show (mostly), I think it jumped the shark when House was at the mental institution. That was an awesome episode, but the show hasn't been as good as before that since.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #407 on: May 11, 2011, 02:59:15 PM »

Offline Scribblesense

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 2
  • I use every color in the box. At once.
« Reply #408 on: May 17, 2011, 09:41:52 PM »
Well, crap.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/house-shocker-lisa-edelstein-quits/

House Shocker: A 'Disappointed' Lisa Edelstein Calls It Quits

House fandom, brace for impact: Dr. Cuddy is checking out.

Lisa Edelstein — whose long-term contract expires this month — has opted not to return for the show’s eighth and likely final season.

In a statement, the actress says, “After much consideration, I am moving onward with a combination of disappointment at leaving behind a character I have loved playing for seven years and excitement of the new opportunities in acting and producing that lie ahead.”

Fox and NBC Universal declined to comment.

Back in March — when the future of House itself was up in the air — Edelstein told TVLine, “Nobody at work seems to think it won’t [return]. Everybody wants to come to a deal, and I certainly am looking forward to a Season 8.”

In an interview last week with BlogCritics.org, exec producer Katie Jacobs said she would “not rest” until Edelstein was on board for an eighth season. “Lisa is such a valuable member [of the cast],” she said. “I challenge any other actress on TV to do what she does seemingly effortlessly. She goes between drama, comedy, intelligence, sex appeal… It’s certainly not my plan or David’s plan or the creative team’s plan to not have Lisa in the show.”

There’s talk Edelstein was a victim of belt-tightening at the show. In the aforementioned interview, Jacobs acknowledged that, “For seven seasons we managed to avoid getting the phone call to make cuts in our budget. But now we’re getting that call.” Perhaps she rejected a low-ball offer — hence her disappointment?

Earlier this month, Edelstein’s costars Robert Sean Leonard and Omar Epps inked new deals to return to the show. Hugh Laurie, Olivia Wilde and Peter Jacobson were already contracted for the recrently-greenlit Season 8, leaving Jesse Spencer as the only remaining question mark.

The news comes a week before the show’s current season — arguably Edelstein’s meatiest yet — comes to a close. It’s unclear if the finale sets the stage for a possible Cuddy departure, but that seems highly unlikely.

Thoughts? Stunned speechless? If you’re capable of forming a coherent thought during this emotional time, hit the comments!

No Cuddy for the eighth season? And only one episode left in the current season? Looks like she's going to be hastily written out of the show - and then what?

I have a sinking feeling in my gut that the last season is going to be nothing more than a quick grab at some cash and will end with a whimper. Sigh.
"Hey, you kids! Those boxes are for shipping! Not for creating a world of pure imagination!"

Doctor Who?

« Reply #409 on: May 18, 2011, 04:09:45 AM »
Well, crap.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/house-shocker-lisa-edelstein-quits/

House Shocker: A 'Disappointed' Lisa Edelstein Calls It Quits

House fandom, brace for impact: Dr. Cuddy is checking out.

Lisa Edelstein — whose long-term contract expires this month — has opted not to return for the show’s eighth and likely final season.

In a statement, the actress says, “After much consideration, I am moving onward with a combination of disappointment at leaving behind a character I have loved playing for seven years and excitement of the new opportunities in acting and producing that lie ahead.”

Fox and NBC Universal declined to comment.

Back in March — when the future of House itself was up in the air — Edelstein told TVLine, “Nobody at work seems to think it won’t [return]. Everybody wants to come to a deal, and I certainly am looking forward to a Season 8.”

In an interview last week with BlogCritics.org, exec producer Katie Jacobs said she would “not rest” until Edelstein was on board for an eighth season. “Lisa is such a valuable member [of the cast],” she said. “I challenge any other actress on TV to do what she does seemingly effortlessly. She goes between drama, comedy, intelligence, sex appeal… It’s certainly not my plan or David’s plan or the creative team’s plan to not have Lisa in the show.”

There’s talk Edelstein was a victim of belt-tightening at the show. In the aforementioned interview, Jacobs acknowledged that, “For seven seasons we managed to avoid getting the phone call to make cuts in our budget. But now we’re getting that call.” Perhaps she rejected a low-ball offer — hence her disappointment?

Earlier this month, Edelstein’s costars Robert Sean Leonard and Omar Epps inked new deals to return to the show. Hugh Laurie, Olivia Wilde and Peter Jacobson were already contracted for the recrently-greenlit Season 8, leaving Jesse Spencer as the only remaining question mark.

The news comes a week before the show’s current season — arguably Edelstein’s meatiest yet — comes to a close. It’s unclear if the finale sets the stage for a possible Cuddy departure, but that seems highly unlikely.

Thoughts? Stunned speechless? If you’re capable of forming a coherent thought during this emotional time, hit the comments!

No Cuddy for the eighth season? And only one episode left in the current season? Looks like she's going to be hastily written out of the show - and then what?

I have a sinking feeling in my gut that the last season is going to be nothing more than a quick grab at some cash and will end with a whimper. Sigh.

Well looks like I picked the right time to stop watching.  i thought the House and Cuddy together episodes were some of the best they had done,but once they they broke up and Thirteen came back I stopped watching.  I really hope they don't hook House up with Thirteen in season eight.  i guess it doesn't matter since I am done with the show.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #410 on: May 18, 2011, 06:31:33 AM »
I'm getting the feeling they're gearing House up for a very tragic end, with him spiraling more and more out of control, and now without Cuddy there for even the promise of getting back together they'll be hard pressed to find anything convincing to anchor the character.  Hell, he's practically in a show by himself now.  The past few episodes he's only tangentially involved with the team and the cases.

I really don't want to give up on the show, but the end of this season has dropped so far below the beginning in terms of enjoyment its hard to take.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #411 on: May 18, 2011, 07:25:53 AM »
Hopefully the producers will come back with another offer to keep her on the show for the last season. I don't want any Kal Penn type endings for her.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline lassieface

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 250
  • Stuff is fun n' stuff!
    • Striped Tea Cup
« Reply #412 on: May 18, 2011, 03:37:45 PM »
I would think that they would get her back for a couple episodes. Otherwise her storyline is going to go right to hell.

Offline Kenjifujima

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #413 on: May 18, 2011, 06:32:31 PM »
Hopefully the producers will return with another bid to keep the last show season.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #414 on: May 18, 2011, 06:56:00 PM »
Hey do you think Fox will try to keep the show going after next season with Forman?  I mean they have been having him do most of House's work lately on the show.  I don't think it would be a good idea but i could see them trying it given that House is now the only drama Fox has on the air so they may not want to lose it after next season.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #415 on: May 18, 2011, 07:03:26 PM »
I hope not, like I said before, I don't think they know how to write for any characters but House and Wilson.  they can get a season or two out of them but after that they just become stale.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #416 on: May 18, 2011, 07:08:34 PM »
Well they have been having Forman act more and more like House so i can see them trying it and failing after one season.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #417 on: May 18, 2011, 07:15:39 PM »
Maybe they will have her hastily exit like Poochy did in Itchy and Scratchy. 

Doctor Who?

« Reply #418 on: May 18, 2011, 07:16:48 PM »
So she was an alien the whole time?

Offline Scribblesense

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 2
  • I use every color in the box. At once.
« Reply #419 on: May 18, 2011, 08:21:24 PM »
Well looks like I picked the right time to stop watching.  i thought the House and Cuddy together episodes were some of the best they had done,but once they they broke up and Thirteen came back I stopped watching.  I really hope they don't hook House up with Thirteen in season eight.  i guess it doesn't matter since I am done with the show.

Ooh... maybe they'll have Thirteen die in the eighth season!  ;D

:happydance:

I'm getting the feeling they're gearing House up for a very tragic end, with him spiraling more and more out of control, and now without Cuddy there for even the promise of getting back together they'll be hard pressed to find anything convincing to anchor the character.  Hell, he's practically in a show by himself now.  The past few episodes he's only tangentially involved with the team and the cases.

I really don't want to give up on the show, but the end of this season has dropped so far below the beginning in terms of enjoyment its hard to take.

I can see it ending one of two ways - House dies, but everyone realizes how inspired they were by his life (or something). Or! He quits being a mopey bastard, gets over Cuddy, and lives a moderately healthy lifestyle (doubt it).

Or House beats Thirteen to death with a baseball bat like he promised to.  ;D
"Hey, you kids! Those boxes are for shipping! Not for creating a world of pure imagination!"