Author Topic: House, MD  (Read 44154 times)

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
Re: House, MD
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2007, 06:48:26 PM »
Idiots watch wrestling? REALLY? The same kind of idiots that devote their nights to trash like American Idol, House MD and the like? Yeah, thought so.

nah a different louder type of idiot.

If he knows what transsexuals on daytime television look like, then it's an indicator that he watches daytime television... or is that too hard for you to follow?

is it too hard to follow the thread called HOUSE MD is about the SHOW House md? 

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2007, 07:25:16 PM »
is it too hard to follow the thread called HOUSE MD is about the SHOW House md? 

Yeah, and how it's nothing but a fucking SOAP OPERA. Are you still going to deny that?
my entry made my girlfriend laugh a few times, the best I can hope for really.

I'd say Whalberg definately qualifies as really good.

• Compsognathus
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2007, 07:25:57 PM »
how are you defining soap ive GOT to hear this. 

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2007, 07:27:24 PM »
"Omigawd, do you guys think House will like, get together with Cuddy?"

Case closed.

• Compsognathus
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2007, 07:28:17 PM »
damn straight its closed. 

Who needs to argue intelligently when you can take stuff out of context and post in lue of logic.   

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2007, 07:28:43 PM »
Now guys...
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2007, 07:33:44 PM »
damn straight its closed. 

Who needs to argue intelligently when you can take stuff out of context and post in lue of logic.   

Just a word to the wise, my little friend who is reaching for the stars -- if you don't know how to spell a word, don't use it.

Thanks.

• Compsognathus
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2007, 07:38:15 PM »
neat advice and all, but you still haven't defined your terms or really dealt with the underlying problem in your argument. 

just because a show has some romance in it, it doesn't automatically make it a soap opera.  Even the freaken Simpson's has plenty of romance in it. 

Offline starfighter

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2007, 07:43:05 PM »
  Ingrown,  FYI, I don't watch daytime talk shows but I do see The Soup and Best Week Ever and those types of clips show up there.  If I am watching tv during the day it's usually something on DVD.
    Rebecca Romijn was on Jimmy Kimmel's show last night and Kimmel pulled out a bunch of photos of transexuals like the tennis player Renee Richards and other manly-looking ones.  What I said before was just meant as a joke on tv's varied perceptions of transexuals.
    I don't know what kind of programming you do watch and frankly I don't care.  I guessed wrestling because that seemed appropriate for someone who would choose the ID  Ingrown Asshair, a fitting identity for an irritant.  Sorry if you can't take a joke.

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2007, 07:45:32 PM »
The Simpsons don't have huge amounts of time dealing with story arcs involving love interests, though. There might be an episode or two centered around romantic relationships or conflict, but the show is not built upon it.

Offline Blueguy

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2007, 09:55:46 PM »
and I suppose House is? 

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2007, 08:14:22 AM »
A downright HUGE chunk of episodic TV could be defined as "soap operas". Anything with an ongoing dramatic storyline could qualify... So yes, House MD could very well be considered to have "soap opera" aspects, altho it's hardly the crux of the show. The same could be said for wrestling, as that has various "dramatic" storylines featuring good guys, bad guys, romantic entaglements, etc. Heck, wresting fits the "soap opera" bill much better than most shows actually. They just did a hormone swap and replaced the estrogen with testosterone.

• Compsognathus
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2007, 08:17:53 AM »
downright HUGE chunk of episodic TV could be defined as "soap operas". Anything with an ongoing dramatic storyline could qualify... So yes, House MD could very well be considered to have "soap opera" aspects, altho it's hardly the crux of the show

look someone who knows what the word DEFINE means lol.  and yes in that definition ill agree one could count house is soap.  It truly is the least relevant part of the show, and thats why that aspect is usually the beggining and end bookend and not usually more than 10 minutes are really spent on charectar development.  usually

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3071
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2007, 08:56:30 AM »
Yikes! All this over a comparison to a soap opera? I read comics and I'm cool with comparing THEM to soap operas. Relationships are forged and broken, nobody stays dead, problems arise involving evil twins... Anyway, it's not an insult to compare something to soaps, and if the comparison's not valid, it's an inaccurate non-insult. Directed at a TV show... How does the theme to that one show we all like end?

• Compsognathus
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2007, 09:07:16 AM »
its not the comparison to a soap.  Its the HOW of the comparison.  How was the comparison made.  thats where any disagreement comes from.