login

Author Topic: House, MD  (Read 44330 times)

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
Re: House, MD
« Reply #270 on: May 30, 2008, 03:20:16 PM »
Just as long as it doesn't take the edge off the character.
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline Maverick Joe Six-Pack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #271 on: May 30, 2008, 10:34:04 PM »
After the finale I could totally see him at least try to be a little nicer, but when he was reprimanding Thirteen I got goosebumps, that was just awesome... maybe it was just Thirteen. 
"Outside of a dog, a book is Man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Offline daltysmilth

• My Space
« Reply #272 on: May 31, 2008, 12:22:01 AM »
Thus far, it seems like the even-numbered seasons are the best ones.  The story arc they had at the end of season one, with the principal from Boston Public was just annoying, as were the Detective Tritter and Foreman quitting storylines in season three.  The Stacey arc was really good, especially when it culminated in Cuddy doing an hilarious impression of Stacey.  "Here's what I think she's going to say.  Oh, I loooove Greg! But if you go against the patient's wishes, you're calling her a liar. And if something goes wrong, I end up in court, having to defend the big mean doctor (albeit with dreamy eyes) who wouldn't believe the nice suburban mom. And even though his cane makes me melt, do the damn surgery. "

Offline Courtney

• Liked: 5
  • How Twilight could have been better.
    • Hobo Trashcan - Outside of the In-Crowd
« Reply #273 on: May 31, 2008, 12:18:47 PM »
Thus far, it seems like the even-numbered seasons are the best ones.  The story arc they had at the end of season one, with the principal from Boston Public was just annoying, as were the Detective Tritter and Foreman quitting storylines in season three.  The Stacey arc was really good, especially when it culminated in Cuddy doing an hilarious impression of Stacey.  "Here's what I think she's going to say.  Oh, I loooove Greg! But if you go against the patient's wishes, you're calling her a liar. And if something goes wrong, I end up in court, having to defend the big mean doctor (albeit with dreamy eyes) who wouldn't believe the nice suburban mom. And even though his cane makes me melt, do the damn surgery. "

I agree, and I too HATED the Chi McBride arc.  That was awful.  However, the best episode of the whole series in my opinion was the one at the end of the first season, I think it was second to last, where he's giving the lecture to the students and tells three medical stories, one of which is his own.  That was the best.

Offline Gaseous Snake

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #274 on: May 31, 2008, 12:29:01 PM »
I'm probably the only one who liked Tritter.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #275 on: May 31, 2008, 02:28:36 PM »

I agree, and I too HATED the Chi McBride arc.  That was awful.  However, the best episode of the whole series in my opinion was the one at the end of the first season, I think it was second to last, where he's giving the lecture to the students and tells three medical stories, one of which is his own.  That was the best.

"Three Stories" is still the absolute, hands down best episode of House ever. Too much awesome to be measured by human means.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #276 on: June 02, 2008, 07:07:58 AM »

"Three Stories" is still the absolute, hands down best episode of House ever. Too much awesome to be measured by human means.

It probably had something to do with Carmen Electra being a guest star.   ;D

I liked the Chi McBride arc because it really showed that House will do whatever he has to for his patients and if he can annoy "the man" all the better.  Plus it showed how House is more important to Cuddy than money.  Plus House's dream/fantasy about saving Chi McBride's life was pretty funny.  Also, season 1 used the best music. 

Random tangent: What did people think about the way that the pilot was filmed with the grey/gold filter.  (I'm not really sure how to word that)
"Outside of a dog, a book is Man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Offline daltysmilth

• My Space
« Reply #277 on: June 02, 2008, 02:41:13 PM »
Well, the pilot was filmed with lower quality film than the rest of the series.  It gave it kind of a Homicide: Life On The Street feel that I kinda liked.

Offline Courtney

« Reply #278 on: June 02, 2008, 02:42:13 PM »
What cracked me up about the pilot was that guy in the clinic who House yelled at for being orange.  Everyone was orange in that episode.

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #279 on: September 16, 2008, 07:16:26 PM »
So...who saw tonight's episode?  I thought it was great.  Really kicked the season off on a high note.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 24
  • Does this bug you? I'm not touching you...
    • BEERx
« Reply #280 on: September 17, 2008, 10:20:41 AM »
I thought it was a good episode....

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
-Dean Wormer, Animal House R.I.P.

Offline Courtney

« Reply #281 on: September 17, 2008, 10:26:50 AM »
Thirded.

Offline BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 24
  • Does this bug you? I'm not touching you...
    • BEERx
« Reply #282 on: September 17, 2008, 10:31:09 AM »
I want Cameron to be a brunette again, That blond hair just doesn't look right.

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
-Dean Wormer, Animal House R.I.P.

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #283 on: September 17, 2008, 10:36:37 AM »
Fourth'd

Offline Courtney

« Reply #284 on: September 17, 2008, 10:42:35 AM »
Fourth'd

Yes, in the finale.

Oh and...