Author Topic: House, MD  (Read 45976 times)

Offline Thom_Serveaux

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • *Platypus Sound*
Re: House, MD
« Reply #180 on: October 01, 2007, 08:00:29 AM »
On a side note, I just so happened to be channel surfing last night, and came across the live action version of 101 Dalmations.  even though I've never bothered to watch the whole thing, I recieved a shock. There was none other that Hugh Laurie as one of Glenn Closes' hencmen...

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #181 on: October 01, 2007, 08:25:27 AM »
Cool, I didn't know that (I've never seen the movie). I would have recognized him if I ever saw the movie, but fortunately I have not been subjected to said torture. ;)
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #182 on: October 01, 2007, 07:26:32 PM »
On a side note, I just so happened to be channel surfing last night, and came across the live action version of 101 Dalmations.  even though I've never bothered to watch the whole thing, I recieved a shock. There was none other that Hugh Laurie as one of Glenn Closes' hencmen...

I try and forget about some of the movies he's been in.  The Flight of the Phoenix remake in particular was a god-awful, almost criminal desecration of a classic film.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #183 on: October 02, 2007, 04:49:40 PM »
Or worse of all there is Stuart Little, he is that dad. I like him better as just plain House. 

Mr. Little
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

House

Or you could say he looks great in this outfit from his days on Blackadder  ;D

Offline Katie

• Schnappi Supporter
    • Myspace
« Reply #184 on: October 02, 2007, 09:04:37 PM »
Tonights episode was pretty good. Liked that i recognized a few faces in the potential new team members. The plastic surgeon and the guy from white castle to be more specific.
"I don't know if you've noticed, but we suck." "10-4"

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #185 on: October 03, 2007, 05:34:57 AM »
I loved this episode. It was chock full of more tasty Houseisms.

"Were you in row D? I'm sorry, my boss says I'm being arbitrary. Row D is NOT fired... row C, YOU are fired!"
"The hair makes you look like a hooker. I LIKE it."

Oh, and #6 coming back as #9, too awesome. Very ballsy and blatant, just House's style. I hope he makes it to the team, or at least lasts a few more episodes.

I'm really enjoying the development of this story arc.

And it looks like the sources were right about his old team - back at the hospital, but not working for House anymore (at least for now, anyway).
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #186 on: October 03, 2007, 05:49:40 AM »
I'm hoping Kal Penn makes it onto the team because he's a generally entertaining actor even if some of his projects have been of the canine variety.

Speaking of dogs, mine decided to go on a barking jag during the scene with "26", did House offer him a job or something?

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #187 on: October 03, 2007, 06:00:49 AM »
I'm hoping Kal Penn makes it onto the team because he's a generally entertaining actor even if some of his projects have been of the canine variety.

Speaking of dogs, mine decided to go on a barking jag during the scene with "26", did House offer him a job or something?

It turned out that the guy wasn't actually a doctor (which was why he let #13 do the procedure). But he said that he had been an administrator at a medical school for 30 years, and had audited every single class over the years, most of them more than once - he just hadn't gotten a degree. He figured since House was a breaker of rules, he might give him a chance anyway.

House told him there was no way he could hire him as a doctor, but he should stick it out anyway, as he could still give House his opinions, get him coffee, pick up his dry cleaning, etc.

26 says: "Are you offering me a job as your secretary?"
House says: "Assistant. It sounds slightly less demeaning."
26 says: "That's not exactly my dream job."
House says: "Yes it is. It's just not your dream title."

HTH. :)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #188 on: October 03, 2007, 06:04:01 AM »
So does that mean he'll be on the show now cause I rather liked him.

Oh and I'd like to see "13" stay, you know just 'cause.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #189 on: October 03, 2007, 06:47:46 AM »
So does that mean he'll be on the show now cause I rather liked him.

Oh and I'd like to see "13" stay, you know just 'cause.

We'll find out I guess.

Up here in Canuckistan, we don't usually get the next weeks' previews for some reason... maybe something to do with the fact that they're all affiliate stations or something. So I don't even get little clues. :(

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #190 on: October 03, 2007, 07:30:44 AM »
I thought this episode was great as well.  Much more House like comments like what you guys have said before, and also i thought it was an interesting move to put the Mormon character in there.  It'll be interesting to see what they do with him if House decides to keep him on. 

I tried to find the preview for the next episode for you guys but didnt have much luck, ill have to look a little while later to see if someone posted it on youtube somewhere. 

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #191 on: October 03, 2007, 07:47:26 AM »
I liked the LDS character as well and with the event shown in the preview there might be a bit more theological contemplation in this season.

Tantalising detail eh Chaos ;)

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #192 on: October 03, 2007, 07:51:57 AM »
I love how quickly House got him to drink, too. It's the old "could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?" routine. ;)

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #193 on: October 03, 2007, 02:28:52 PM »
I liked the Schroedinger's Cat reference.  You can't go wrong with a good quantum physics joke.

(Please note that the emphasis is on "good" quantum physics jokes.  The kind that you're not funny enough to come up with).
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline daltysmilth

• Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #194 on: October 03, 2007, 02:30:59 PM »
I kinda wish the russian lady would have stayed.  Maybe it's just because I liked her accent, though.
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104