login

Author Topic: House, MD  (Read 44210 times)

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
Re: House, MD
« Reply #150 on: September 03, 2007, 06:38:37 PM »
Saw a preview for the next new episode. House is doing a differential Diagnosis to an empty room... well to a janitor.. :clap:

Offline BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 24
  • Does this bug you? I'm not touching you...
    • BEERx
« Reply #151 on: September 04, 2007, 11:28:23 AM »
When does the new season premiere?
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
-Dean Wormer, Animal House R.I.P.

Offline Blueguy

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #152 on: September 04, 2007, 02:04:01 PM »
Sept 25th

Prison Break: Sept 17th
Heroes: Sept 24th

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #153 on: September 05, 2007, 08:32:22 AM »
Heroes: Sept 24th
House: Sept 25th

Plus The Office on Sept 27th (in Canuckistan, anyway, not sure about you folks).

It's gonna be a busy week for being a vegetable.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2007, 07:52:38 PM »
Season premier just aired (at least in the U.S. - not sure if it's different anywhere else, and I couldn't be arsed to figure it out).  Thoughts?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #155 on: September 25, 2007, 07:58:43 PM »
Somebody please hand Robert Sean Leonard an Emmy right now.  ;D And I wouldn't mind seeing Lisa Edelstein get one either. Brilliant work all around! If they had to ship half the team out of town, I'm grateful beyond words that it was the youngsters. I've always liked the House/Wilson/Cuddy interplay best.
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline daltysmilth

• Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #156 on: September 25, 2007, 08:36:32 PM »
No kidding.  Everyone was in top form.  Although,
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #157 on: September 25, 2007, 10:29:16 PM »

Yeah, but shows always do that. It certainly defeats the purpose of having a drama, but they ALWAYS do it - like people are blind or don't read or something.

This was a fun show. I loved Dr. Buffer, and as others have said, the exchanges and interplay between House and Wilson were great fun. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

So far, House has been my favourite returning show... the other premieres were only "meh" or mildly entertaining at best.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #158 on: September 26, 2007, 02:42:28 AM »
Loved Dr. Buffer suggesting it might be Lupis. Great way to fit the running gag in. This is by far the best (and funniest) episode I've seen of House. Good medical twist. Loved Wilson and the ransom letter stuff. The whammy bar in the box was great too.

Offline MacGruber

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #159 on: September 26, 2007, 04:35:55 AM »
I abso-friggin-lutely love this show. 

IMHO, the best damn non-sports show on television.  The Dead Poets guy is awesome.  I hope they bring in that ER doctor who tried to help out House, you know after the FIRST memo.. haha.  She seems to be a mix of Forman and Cameron.  I think it would work out well.

:clap:  bravo.  excellent episode.

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #160 on: September 26, 2007, 05:05:22 AM »

Yeah, but shows always do that. It certainly defeats the purpose of having a drama, but they ALWAYS do it - like people are blind or don't read or something.

This may sound odd, but I think it's a legal issue.
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #161 on: September 26, 2007, 05:26:27 AM »

This may sound odd, but I think it's a legal issue.

Yes, but this happens with guest appearances and minor characters, too. There have been several instances over the years of "big surprises" in a show being ruined by the fact that the actor's name shows up in the opening credits. Biggest recent example: when Walt (or a vision thereof) returned to Lost... it wasn't a surprise when he showed up, because the credits told us 45 minutes earlier that he was going to be around somewhere.

It's just stupid. A show doesn't NEED to give credits at the beginning of the episode, because the full credits are listed at the end. The credits are just there at the beginning of movies and TV shows because of the continually growing egotism of the actors involved. Some of them demand it, so it has become standard practice... but it doesn't have to be. There are no legal requirements involved, it all has to do with contractual agreements - which could be removed, if some of the agencies and individuals involved just stopped demanding it.

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #162 on: September 26, 2007, 05:28:14 AM »
For me, the best part of the episode was Wilson all disappointed that House wasn't actually taking him to lunch.  He's like a kid told he's going to Disneyland who ends up at the dentist.  House erasing Wilson's telenovela was hilarious too.  Very good episode, can't wait until next week.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #163 on: September 26, 2007, 05:47:32 AM »
Yes, but this happens with guest appearances and minor characters, too. There have been several instances over the years of "big surprises" in a show being ruined by the fact that the actor's name shows up in the opening credits.

I think the production companies are doing that due to the fact the TV channels squish the end credits to the point of illegibility so they can tell us about whatever shite is comming up after the show we've been enjoying and might want to know who to thank.

The end credits squishing thing annoys me a little ;D

Great episode, I liked Cameron Redux and that was a lovely guitar. Next weeks episode looks great, I like to see the earnest Asian Doctor from Three Stories included in the duckling idol audition.

Offline daltysmilth

• Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #164 on: September 26, 2007, 06:09:00 AM »
Remember how in Star Trek III, they didn't list Leonard Nimoy's name in the opening credits?  That was a clever bit of business.  And didn't Joss Whedon have a habit of messing with the opening credits on his shows to mess with people?
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104