login

Author Topic: House, MD  (Read 43777 times)

Offline starfighter

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
Re: House, MD
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 09:00:10 PM »
   I didn't remember Lisa Edelstein playing a transexual on Ally McBeal, but it does tie into what I've been thinking since Rebecca Romijn started playing one on Ugly Betty the last few weeks.  TV transexuals are way hotter than the ones that show up on daytime talk shows.

Ingrown Asshair :clap:  you just enjoy your wrestling and think about why you chose your name.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 08:41:56 AM »
ok so i was thinking about this show last night, and it occured to me (though it probably already occured to most of you) there are a lot of similarities between House (the charectar) and sherlock holmes. 

Both have addictions with negative effects, both only take cases based solely on their interest in the overall problem or if they provide puzzles, They both deal rather shortly with people and have no time for politeness.  They both have assitants (granted holmes place is taken by three very competant Dr.s) 

So anyways i just thought it was interesting. 

Offline BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
  • Does this bug you? I'm not touching you...
    • BEERx
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 08:45:44 AM »
Yeah, it's a great show, I hope it lasts a long long time...
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
-Dean Wormer, Animal House R.I.P.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 09:06:08 AM »

I enjoy House, but I agree with BBQ... having him hook up with Cuddy / Cameron would be a big mistake. Introduce some tertiary character as a girlfriend who you can make appear and disappear without messing with the core. If you start down the whole "Sam and Diane" or "David and Maddie" path... only disaster awaits.

Offline Rufus T

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2007, 09:33:43 AM »
 Now if House and Foreman hooked up....
Aaahh! This movie just throws you violently into the next scene!

• Compsognathus
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2007, 09:58:02 AM »
I enjoy House, but I agree with BBQ... having him hook up with Cuddy / Cameron would be a big mistake. Introduce some tertiary character as a girlfriend who you can make appear and disappear without messing with the core. If you start down the whole "Sam and Diane" or "David and Maddie" path... only disaster awaits.

if im going from my sherlock example, he could have one love, and then she would die.  He cant have a long standing relationship and it still work.  Further he cant date cameron because that would be watson, he cant date cuddy cause in my thinking she would be to house as the police are to sherlock, kinda love hate sort of thing.

Offline Blueguy

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2007, 10:11:11 AM »
ok so i was thinking about this show last night, and it occured to me (though it probably already occured to most of you) there are a lot of similarities between House (the charectar) and sherlock holmes. 

Both have addictions with negative effects, both only take cases based solely on their interest in the overall problem or if they provide puzzles, They both deal rather shortly with people and have no time for politeness.  They both have assitants (granted holmes place is taken by three very competant Dr.s) 

So anyways i just thought it was interesting. 

There's actually quite a few Sherlock Holmes refrences in the show. 

I was going to write some nifty, clever paragraph describing the similarities, but it's just so much easier to quote wikipedia.  So here we go!
The main character in House M.D, Gregory House, is based on Sherlock Holmes, particularly with regard to drug use and his desire (and capacity) to solve the insolvable. House uses Holmesian deductive techniques to diagnose his patients' problems. References to the sleuth range from the obvious (House's apartment number being 221B) to the subtle (his friendship with Dr. James Wilson and the similarities between the names House and Holmes, and Wilson and Watson). In the very first (pilot) episode the patient's last name is Adler, and in the last episode of season two, the last name of the man who shot House is Moriarty.

Remember, not a new episode tonight.   :-[

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2007, 10:30:11 AM »
Who needs a new episode of House when you can watch a game show hosted by Jeff Foxworthy in it's place?!?

• Compsognathus
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2007, 10:31:20 AM »
how sad.

Offline BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
  • Does this bug you? I'm not touching you...
    • BEERx
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2007, 10:50:51 AM »
he could have one love, and then she would die. 

Well he did, right? But she didn't die, she betrayed him by not following his wishes when he suffered his infarction... never mind that she probably saved his life...
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
-Dean Wormer, Animal House R.I.P.

• Compsognathus
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 11:34:51 AM »
Well he did, right? But she didn't die, she betrayed him by not following his wishes when he suffered his infarction... never mind that she probably saved his life...

It works and thats why holmes only had one love to that was impossible. 

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2007, 08:14:27 PM »
   I didn't remember Lisa Edelstein playing a transexual on Ally McBeal, but it does tie into what I've been thinking since Rebecca Romijn started playing one on Ugly Betty the last few weeks.  TV transexuals are way hotter than the ones that show up on daytime talk shows.

Ingrown Asshair :clap:  you just enjoy your wrestling and think about why you chose your name.

So, you watch daytime talk shows and all these dumb-ass soaps and you have the gall to (incorrectly, I might add) call someone out for watching wrestling? Are you serious?

This is absolutely fascinating.
my entry made my girlfriend laugh a few times, the best I can hope for really.

I'd say Whalberg definately qualifies as really good.

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2007, 08:23:12 PM »
Do you guys want a box of bon-bons and some tissues while you watch your soaps?

It's NOT a soap, dammit!  It's NOT!!!!!!!!!!   NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTT!!!!!!!  Pay no attention to the soap-like elements that occasionally show up!  Ignore them!!!!  They're just...lapses in reason!!!  House rules!

Hugh Laurie is 1337 h4x0r!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :grr: :grr: :rimshot:
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

• Compsognathus
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2007, 09:16:36 AM »
So, you watch daytime talk shows and all these dumb-ass soaps

so by day time you of course mean night-time/prime time.  uh yeah uh well thought out and worded response there.  And yes idiots watch wrestling, deal with it.

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2007, 06:46:16 PM »
So, you watch daytime talk shows and all these dumb-ass soaps

so by day time you of course mean night-time/prime time.  uh yeah uh well thought out and worded response there.  And yes idiots watch wrestling, deal with it.

If he knows what transsexuals on daytime television look like, then it's an indicator that he watches daytime television... or is that too hard for you to follow?

Idiots watch wrestling? REALLY? The same kind of idiots that devote their nights to trash like American Idol, House MD and the like? Yeah, thought so.
my entry made my girlfriend laugh a few times, the best I can hope for really.

I'd say Whalberg definately qualifies as really good.