Author Topic: House, MD  (Read 46061 times)

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
Re: House, MD
« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2007, 07:41:36 AM »
So... as far as the season finale....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2007, 08:26:56 AM »
Given that House already "lost" Cameron once before, I suspect it's safe to say that we'll see at least one, probably more, of the three of them back with him within 1-2 episodes next season. I don't think that the writers would completely break up all of the good dynamic that they and the actors have built up between the doctors. And I also would never believe that all 3 actors would WANT to move on to other projects at this point (which is a common reason for writing someone out of the show).
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2007, 09:38:42 AM »
Did some poking around... and according to a tvguide.com article, Omar Epps has confirmed he will be back for Season Four.... so there is at least one of three staying on board. I'm fairly certain that all of them would be coming back. Unless they were asking for huge raises or something, there isn't much of a reason to screw with the cast.

Also, Chase and Cameron are engaged in real life...! I had no idea... congrats.

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2007, 02:53:01 PM »
They'll figure out a way to get them all back together.  They always do.  I actually kinda figured they'd do sort of a "switcheroo" and have Foreman end up deciding to stay just as Cameron leaves and Chase is fired.  Plus, I think House likes Foreman more than he does Chase or Cameron.  At least more than Chase, anyway.
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2007, 04:43:48 PM »
I figure House will be in some sort of major trouble (be it a case or something personal) and the team will come back to save him in some way (and I guess we don't care about spoilers at this point).  That way they can prove they need each other but House can sarcastically play it off and pretend he knew they'd come back, etc.

Something big will bring them back, regardless.  I think Chase is growing on House and growing to be more like House or at least he seems to understand House better now than at first.  Foreman is House Lite no matter how much he protests.
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2007, 07:34:51 PM »
I don't really think of Foreman as House Lite. House's entire point in the confrontation / apology scene was that he has no disillusionment about what he is or why he does what he does - while Foreman is denying his own nature in an attempt to change that nature, thereby making him "worse" than House - at least as far as House is concerned (which is all that matters!).
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2007, 07:46:57 PM »
I think the nature he is denying is that he is like House and doesn't want to admit it.  He's deluded himself into to thinking he's better or at least he can be better.  I loved it last episode when he says, "Don't tell me I'm better than him.  Cameron already did that."  He thinks he's better because of his newfound morality, but he's.  He's just found this morality because he thinks he should not because he really has it.  He doesn't understand that House has the same morality as he does, he just isn't as insecure about it and doesn't have to wear it on his sleeve.  Foreman's true self is very House like.

Foreman will be House in a few years.  Nobody can keep that act for long.
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #142 on: May 31, 2007, 05:29:38 AM »
Yeah, up until Foreman nearly died last season, he didn't seem to have all that much of a problem with being a lot like House. 

I had to wait until yesterday to see the episode, but now that I have, I'm a little miffed about it ending with everybody scattered to the wind.  I'm assuming everyone will come back next season, but still, I just don't like turmoil. 

Chase has totally become my favorite character this season.  He must have learned transfiguration or something, because he's turned into a golden retriever puppy.  An Australian golden retriever puppy. 

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #143 on: May 31, 2007, 06:01:00 AM »
I had always been a little annoyed by the Chase character... but they did a nice job with him this season. While I think all three of the "ducklings" have somewhat figured out House... Chase seems to be the one that understands his motivations the best... at least as season three went on.

I wasn't a big fan of how the Chase/Cameron romance angle was handled... as it just dragged out for multiple episodes with zero movement, only to be rushed to some goofy "knock on your door in the middle of the night" schtick for the finale.... but a minor complaint.

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #144 on: May 31, 2007, 08:22:22 AM »
Yes, Chase became a pretty good detective in his own right the last half of the season.  Although Cameron treated him like crap and at this point he deserves better, I did kind of find their last scene together sweet.  But still, I don't think that'd work.  I think if I reminded a girl that I had a relationship with that was over every Tuesday that I liked her, by about week three I'd get punched, and by week seven I'd have myself a shiny new restraining order. 

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #145 on: May 31, 2007, 09:13:15 AM »
I don't think Foreman is going to become another House.  House is House, and he's always been the way he is.  I think Foreman will always care what people think of him.  He won't lie to make a patient feel better about himself, certainly, but he also wouldn't insult a patient to his face just for his own amusement.  Foreman might become a lot like House, but there will always be big differences between the two.
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline Blueguy

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #146 on: May 31, 2007, 11:37:58 PM »
What House said to Foreman at the end was dead on.  House is a better person then Foreman because all he cares about is figuring out the problem.  6 months from now, the families won't care how they were treated.  They'll be glad the person is alive.  And because of that, House won't give up where Foreman was willing to give up.

I can totally see Foreman coming back after he dwells on that last conversation for a while. 
Him firing Chase was a bit of a shock.  I just don't see the logic in that, other then it seemed like the underlying message is that House is finally willing to change things around, like him getting a new guitar.  I can see Chase coming back too, because I think he understands House and knows that he's the best person to learn from.  Cameron on the other hand, she quit on principle.  Knowing her attitude, I just don't see her changing her mind.  Hell, House practically had to beg her back the first time.  This time around, I don't think he cares.

Oh, and I gotta say, the last 2 episodes have had some kickass funny lines.  Seems they've been slacking off on the funny this season.  The Jerk kid was great and the whole episode was filled with funny.  And this episode, all the god and religion comments. "either put her in God's hands or in mine."  I liked when he was doing the angiogram and he yells to the husband, "I better not see you praying!  I don't wanna have to fight for credit on this."  I especially loved his delivery when he threatened to slap the wife when she said, "Thank God."

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #147 on: August 21, 2007, 07:37:01 PM »
wooooooooooooooooo    season 3 is out on dvd i can FINALLY catch up.  oh and the first two episodes have been awesome

Offline Blueguy

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2007, 09:03:29 AM »
Didn't even know it came out.  Picked it up last night and watched the first 3.  Oddly, I seem to recall not being all that pleased with the level of humor for most of the season, but last night, I was ok with the level of humor presented.  Not sure if I was just in a bad mood during the original airings or my expectations have been lowered. 

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #149 on: August 25, 2007, 05:12:10 PM »
woooo i finally caught up. 

so that last episode. 

In retrospect i think firing chase makes sense.  Chase has figured not house out, but houses METHODS.  he had some amazingly brillinant leaps of logics in this season.  He has "learned" what he needs to.  and house has finally relized it, thanks to wilson. 

I kinda hope they DONT come back.  i want to see house with new people and situations.  there was always a danger that house was gonna get stale because of the situation the same.  I want to see houses interview and new employee process.  he picked three differnet VERY intelligent drs knowing that all of them are screwed up.  then who does he look for when he wants new people. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 05:14:47 PM by sarcasm_made_Easy »