login

Author Topic: ALCATRAZ  (Read 3910 times)

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
Re: ALCATRAZ
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2012, 03:29:36 PM »
Bummer.  But maybe another network will pick it up.

Unfortunately, that's not very likely.  If the show had had a HUUUUGE following, then maybe... but it didn't.

Sadly, I think the days for good in-depth serialized TV shows (on non-cable networks at least) are about over... for now anyways.  The Neilsen system doesn't favor them or truly reflect their followings, so they barely ever make it past the first season, and the viewers know this and don't bother.... so it's the whole big downward spiral.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2012, 10:05:52 AM »
Alcatraz didn't hold my interest.. although we still have all the episodes we didn't get around to watching on the DVR.

Bummer about Awake though... it was a bit hit and miss, sometimes being a rather generic cop show... but really good when the writers did something interesting with the premise.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2012, 11:44:34 AM »
The Abrams show that will be gaining more of my attention after Fringe ends this fall is Person of Interest.  I can't state enough just how awesome that show is!!
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Gandalf Lundgren

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 159
  • "You shall not pass, I must break you!"
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2012, 01:23:03 PM »
I didn't see any episodes, but my friend did & he said that he was not too impressed by it.

Online MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2012, 05:56:23 PM »
I like Person of Interest too. Glad it got a renewal.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com