login

Author Topic: List of Crap #49! - Top 56 Celebrity Crushes  (Read 61967 times)

MontyServo

Re: List of Crap #49! - Top 56 Celebrity Crushes
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2011, 07:22:57 PM »
It just occurred to me to just google the quote at the bottom of the post to get who's next on the list, but that kinda ruins the fun.

That said, I think I'd like to start watching Doctor Who now.

Yeah, no cheating.  What I was going for with the personal quote was so everyone could try to guess the next entry before they scroll down to it.  That is actually the hardest part of this for me, trying to find a quote that is interesting and might provide a bit of a clue.

More entries tomorrow.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2011, 07:52:49 PM »
Number 27
(31 points, on 3 of 18 lists - Top Vote #3 by Imrahil)
Karen Gillan

I think I'd like to start watching Doctor Who now.

Boy, no kidding. She looks amazing!

YOWZA!!!

Number 28
(31 points, on 2 of 18 lists - Top Vote #6 by Gunflyer)
Scarlett Johansson

Yet another regrettable bump. She's definitely drool-inducing. Geez, I sorta wish I could have my list back for some modification, but oh well. The list goes on.

I love Woody Allen, but this picture makes me a little uneasy.  ;)

Number 26
(32 points, on 3 of 18 lists - Top Vote #10 by anais.cristal)
Seth MacFarlane

Woo! One of my two dudes. #18. I know a lot of people don't like him and The Cleveland Show is a pile, but I love this guy. I think he's an amazing talent and certainly somebody I would switch places with without having to think about it too hard.

He's got awesome pipes, too.

<a href="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:arc:video:spike.com:4f45b7ba-73d4-4ab1-9f43-81ba828db39e" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:arc:video:spike.com:4f45b7ba-73d4-4ab1-9f43-81ba828db39e</a>

VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

anais.jude

« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2011, 08:19:36 PM »
Wow, other people voted for Seth McFarlane? Ok. When I show my list at the end you will see tons of comedy people. That's why I find them attractive

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2011, 08:41:15 PM »
I think Seth can be a remarkably funny guy with the right material (even if that material isn't always his, though American Dad proves he's got plenty of talent left). He lays off the heavy political stuff, tones down the references-for-the-sake-of-references, and he's golden.

Kinda surprised there wasn't more love for the Depp-man. He may be overexposed as hell (and not in all the right projects) as of late, but he's still awesomesauce. incarnate And apparently a super-nice guy in person, which goes a long way.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5035
« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2011, 08:49:17 PM »
It just occurred to me to just google the quote at the bottom of the post to get who's next on the list, but that kinda ruins the fun.

That said, I think I'd like to start watching Doctor Who now.

Yeah, no cheating.  What I was going for with the personal quote was so everyone could try to guess the next entry before they scroll down to it.  That is actually the hardest part of this for me, trying to find a quote that is interesting and might provide a bit of a clue.

More entries tomorrow.

I guessed Brooke Burke's place right off from the quote.  ('Course, that's the only one I've accurately guessed so far from the quotes... it probably doesn't help that I'd never heard of about 1/4-1/3 of the people on the list thus far, or didn't see them in enough for them to be memorable.)

The newest Doctor Whos are quite good (an aside: there is usually at least once per episode I have to back up because they were talking so fast I couldn't make out what they'd said, thanks to both the speed and the accents).  I considered Karen Gillan for my list, but realized she didn't fit my 'media stalking' criteria for more recent crushes (i.e. that I would search out all the appearances I could find for the person and try to see them), plus I didn't feel an emotional connection to her (i.e. that I could see myself hanging around her) so she got dropped from the final list.  That, despite her being gorgeous, AND a redhead (when my top visual preference is actually for true redheads [must be the roughly 1/2 Irish blood in my veins  ;) ]).

Odd... I like Depp enough to have searched out and watched a LOT of films that I would not normally have rented just because he was in them, and I think he is an amazing talent, and handsome, but he just doesn't 'take over' my thinking.  What I mean by that is that I don't think about him when I'm not watching him, which is not true of many - if not most - of the other people on my list (in one way or another).

There are so many that could have been on my list if I'd gone with criteria that didn't include some sort of an emotional 'bump' from seeing/thinking about them (which, I suppose, defines 'crush', so is probably redundant with this list's core idea  :) ).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 08:51:30 PM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2011, 09:04:37 PM »
I guessed my two picks. Amy's was a nice precis of her career and Emily's just sounded like her.

Offline Scribblesense

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 2
  • I use every color in the box. At once.
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2011, 09:56:22 PM »
Boy, no kidding. She looks amazing!

YOWZA!!!

Oh great and fluffy Buddha, I just want to ride off into the sunset with her in the passenger seat of my sky blue convertible  ;D

I wouldn't ask her to hang up Christmas lights on my porch though. She doesn't seem to get the idea (though it could be argued that the idea she has is brilliant in its own right).

Wow, other people voted for Seth McFarlane? Ok. When I show my list at the end you will see tons of comedy people. That's why I find them attractive

As for McFarlane - everything about the man just irks me to no end, I can only see red when thinking about him. His voice, his mannerisms, his stupid smug face; I would give my left foot for a chance to whack him in the kidneys with a steel pipe.  :grr:

I realize that's not completely fair to the man, but though I don't begrudge him his success (mostly) I don't think I'll ever be a fan.
"Hey, you kids! Those boxes are for shipping! Not for creating a world of pure imagination!"

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2011, 01:47:49 AM »
All right. Some of my choices showing up finally. Christina Ricci has this other-worldly quality to her (As in, she kinda looks like an alien) that I dug back in the day. Knightley made for pretty decent eye-candy in the Pirates flicks and in that one King Arthur movie. If you were a teen in the '90s, Cindy Crawford was the bomb. That was a nice Pepsi can. I can't remember whether I had Scar-Jo on my list or not, but if she made the cut it's because of how she's been rocking it as Black Widow.

Also I totally think I know who's next from the quote and if it's who I think it is I can't believe I left her off my list.

Disclaimer: As a married man whose wife frequents the forums and even contributed to this list, I should mention that she is above and beyond all entries on the list and will remain my number one. She's just not a celebrity. :^)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2011, 06:11:43 AM »
I can't remember whether I had Scar-Jo on my list or not, but if she made the cut it's because of how she's been rocking it as Black Widow.
I think the original casting would have been better, she would have looked nicer in the suit and could have done the Russian accent. I still wanted to see the film because I like the characters but some of my interest certainly disappeared when she dropped out and was replaced by Scar Jo (I really just don't get her appeal, yeah I know, big boobs). :)

Disclaimer: As a married man whose wife frequents the forums and even contributed to this list, I should mention that she is above and beyond all entries on the list and will remain my number one. She's just not a celebrity. :^)
*cought*zombie-whipped*cough* ;)

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 467
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2011, 06:56:45 AM »
Number 28
(31 points, on 2 of 18 lists - Top Vote #6 by Gunflyer)
Scarlett Johansson
If all I had seen of her was Lost in Translation, definitely. But after The Island and her horribly un-funny SNL episode, she just seems vapid.

MontyServo

« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2011, 10:52:55 AM »
Number 25
(33 points, on 2 of 18 lists - Top Vote #5 by D.B. Barnes)
Tiffani Theissen

The Wiki:
Tiffani Thiessen (born Tiffani-Amber Thiessen; January 23, 1974) is an American actress best known for her roles as Kelly Kapowski in Saved by the Bell and as Valerie Malone in Beverly Hills, 90210. She is also known for her role on Fastlane as Wilhelmina 'Billie' Chambers. As of 2009, she plays the role of Elizabeth Burke, in White Collar. After many years of going by her full name, Tiffani-Amber Thiessen, she is now credited as simply Tiffani Thiessen

Up Next:

"She goes, 'Dare to BORE me.' And I'm like, 'Really?' I'm like, 'I'll bore you. I will seriously, I will go and I will be ugly, and I will bore you.' Am I selling my show? Ugly, boring people - check it out!"

MontyServo

« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2011, 11:05:43 AM »
Number 24
(34 points, on 3 of 18 lists - Top Vote #5 by Imrahil)
Jenna Fischer

The Wiki:
Regina Marie "Jenna" Fischer (born March 7, 1974) is an American actress. She is most widely known for her Emmy-nominated portrayal of Pam Halpert (née Beesly) on the NBC situation comedy and mockumentary The Office, and has also appeared in several films, including Blades of Glory, Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story and The Promotion.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0rM9BHq8jck?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0rM9BHq8jck?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Up Next:

"I hate this image of me as a prim Edwardian. I want to shock everyone."

MontyServo

« Reply #117 on: June 25, 2011, 11:13:30 AM »
Number 23
(35 points, on 2 of 18 lists - Top Vote #6 by Tripe)
Helena Bonham Carter

The Wiki:
Helena Bonham Carter (born 26 May 1966) is an English actress of film, stage, and television. She made her acting debut in a television adaptation of K. M. Peyton's A Pattern of Roses before winning her first film role as the titular character in Lady Jane. She is known for her roles in films such as A Room with a View, Fight Club, and the Harry Potter series, as well as for frequently collaborating with director and domestic partner Tim Burton. A two-time Academy Award nominee for her performances in The Wings of the Dove and The King's Speech, Bonham Carter's acting has been further recognized with six Golden Globe nominations, an International Emmy Award, and a BAFTA Award.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PyyxGwX70QM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PyyxGwX70QM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Up Next:

"My main concern with the condition of mathematics in high school is that there's a lot of fear involved! Math is not, generally speaking, presented in a fun way. The concepts, as I see them, ARE fun, and that's the way I'd like to convey them myself."

MontyServo

« Reply #118 on: June 25, 2011, 11:22:15 AM »
Number 22
(36 points, on 3 of 18 lists - Top Vote #9 by Darth Geek)
Danica McKellar

The Wiki:
Danica Mae McKellar (born January 3, 1975) is an American actress, author, and education advocate. She is best known for her role as Winnie Cooper in the television show The Wonder Years, and later as author of the three The New York Times bestsellers, Math Doesn't Suck, Kiss My Math, and Hot X: Algebra Exposed, which encourage middle-school girls to have confidence and succeed in mathematics.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xv5u2xGtCxo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Xv5u2xGtCxo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Up Next:

"I had a lot of offers for screaming American teenagers when I left ****. Every part that had a screaming American teenager landed on my door. And I was very lucky to get ****, because a lot of casting directors think I’m American, and it goes the other way because they might want an American but they go ‘No, we don’t want her, we’ve found out she’s English’, so you can get caught between that sort of problem and the fact that **** is a rather strange show, in that they think it’s a children’s show, yet it’s under drama, and if you’ve made yourself a large-size character (laughs) it’s very difficult to break that image. These casting directors most of the time won’t take the time to meet you and discover you can do many other things."

MontyServo

« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2011, 11:29:43 AM »
Number 21
(38 points, on 2 of 18 lists - Top Vote #4 by House RAD)
Nicola Bryant

The Wiki:
Nicola Bryant (born 11 October 1962 in Guildford, Surrey) is an English actress known for her role as Perpugilliam "Peri" Brown, a companion of the Doctor in the BBC science fiction television series Doctor Who.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MumRK1t-kHo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MumRK1t-kHo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Up Next:
We dive into the top 20 tomorrow with some classic names, some current names, some dudes, and some surprises.