login

Author Topic: List of Crap #49! - Top 56 Celebrity Crushes  (Read 61923 times)

MontyServo

List of Crap #49! - Top 56 Celebrity Crushes
« on: June 21, 2011, 10:02:50 AM »
Hey there all!

It is that time again, time to gather together around a specific topic, share our opinions about that topic (in some sort of order), then count down our overall favorites in list form.

This one is a doozy!  Top Celebrity Crushes!

I asked for you to send in your list of your top 25 Celebrity Crushes of all time.  I would then assign points for each of your picks (25 points for #1, 24 for #2, and so on).  I would then add up all of the points for all of the picks and compile an overall list.  The List of Crap!

We got 18 lists this time, a great showing if you ask me.  A few folks turned in incomplete lists, which resulted in their picks getting fewer points than they otherwise would have.  But it is what it is.

Out of 408 total votes, we had 330 unique names!

Because of a tie at the bottom of the Top 50, we have extended the list to a Top 56.  Bonus crap!

Basically, everybody's Top 2 made the list.  To break these ties down at the bottom of the list where a person has just 1 number one or number two vote, we will go by order the lists were received (with the exception of my picks, I will put them lowest.)  So in this case it paid to get your list in early.

And if I skip one of your top two picks, that means it is going to turn up later on on the list.  A good thing!.

I will have #56-#51 today and then get through 5 a day until we get to number one.

So let's get started, shall we?

Up first:

"I'm a natural blonde. But when I started acting, I would go to auditions and they didn't know where to put me because I was voluptuous and had the accent--but I had blonde hair. It was ignorance: they thought every Latin person looks like Salma Hayek."

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: List of Crap #49! - Top 56 Celebrity Crushes
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 10:06:49 AM »
Damn who had Charo on their list?

MontyServo

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 10:13:28 AM »
Number 56
(24 points, on 1 of 18 lists - Top Vote #2 by Monty)
Sofia Vergara

The Wiki:
Sofía Margarita Vergara Vergara (born July 10, 1972) is a Colombian actress, comedian, television host, model, and entrepreneur.

Vergara had been widely known for co-hosting two TV shows for Univisión in the late 1990s. Her TV career opened up for her a window of exposure to North American audiences prior to her first notable acting job in English, the 2003 film Chasing Papi. Subsequently, she appeared in films, including two Tyler Perry films, Meet the Browns (2008) and Madea Goes to Jail (2009), receiving an ALMA Award nomination for the latter.

Vergara currently stars on the critically acclaimed ABC series Modern Family as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett, for which she was nominated for a Golden Globe Award, a Primetime Emmy Award, and three Screen Actors Guild Awards.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_MGIV-f4jxM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_MGIV-f4jxM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Up Next:
"I feel through music... music gives me permission to cry, to laugh, to scream, to be free."
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:49:35 AM by Monty »

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 10:27:25 AM »
And we're off!!!  ;D

Number 56
(24 points, on 1 of 18 lists - Top Vote #2 by Monty)
Sofia Vergara

I definitely considered her. She's pretty smokin' and I really dig Modern Family. But alas, she didn't quite make the cut.

Not sure when that photo was taken but she looks completely different now. Looks a lot better now, IMO.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

MontyServo

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 10:31:43 AM »
Number 55
(24 points, on 1 of 18 lists - Top Vote #2 by Scribblesense)
Kelly Sweet

The Wiki:
Kelly Sweet (born March 29, 1988) is an adult contemporary singer with classical and jazz styles currently living in Los Angeles, CA.  (That is the only thing in her Wiki entry.)  She has a website you can check out though - http://www.kelly-sweet.com/

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ua-4NUURZjg?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Ua-4NUURZjg?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Up Next:
 " **** gave me the chance to do broad comedy that had nothing to do with being the romantic interest. The girl-next-door thing went away with that film and I tend to do characters that I want to be more like. In the beginning, though, I was sort of the 'action girl'. And then with ****, I was the romantic-comedy girl. But when I took time off, I thought, 'There's something I'm missing here.' I literally had to start from scratch."
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:50:40 AM by Monty »

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 10:35:37 AM »
Just curious, did any dudes make any entries besides the ones Tripe and I submitted? I'm assuming this list is going to be chick heavy, more's the pity.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 10:39:09 AM »
Just curious, did any dudes make any entries besides the ones Tripe and I submitted? I'm assuming this list is going to be chick heavy, more's the pity.

I had two dudes. But yeah, this list is most likely going to be way lopsided.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

MontyServo

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 10:45:50 AM »

I had two dudes. But yeah, this list is most likely going to be way lopsided.

You will have to wait and see.  :)

MontyServo

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 10:48:12 AM »
Number 54
(24 points, on 1 of 18 lists - Top Vote #2 by Darth Geek)
Sandra Bullock

The Wiki:
Sandra Annette Bullock (born July 26, 1964) is an American actress and producer who rose to fame in the 1990s, after roles in successful films such as Speed and While You Were Sleeping. She has since established her career with films such as Miss Congeniality and Crash, the second of which received critical acclaim. In 2007, she was ranked as the 14th richest female celebrity with an estimated fortune of $85 million.  In 2009, Bullock starred in the most financially successful films of her career, The Proposal and The Blind Side.  Bullock was awarded a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress, a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role, and the Academy Award for Best Actress, for her role as Leigh Anne Tuohy in The Blind Side.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cozmy4PVydg?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cozmy4PVydg?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Up Next:

"I like exposing myself. There's not an awful lot that embarrasses me. I'm the kind of actress that absolutely believes in exposing myself."

MontyServo

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 10:58:43 AM »
Number 53
(24 points, on 1 of 18 lists - Top Vote #2 by D.B. Barnes)
Kate Winslet

The Wiki:
Kate Elizabeth Winslet (born 5 October 1975) is an English actress and occasional singer. She has received multiple awards and nominations. She is the youngest person to accrue six Academy Award nominations, and won the Academy Award for Best Actress for The Reader (2008). Winslet has been acclaimed for both dramatic and comedic work in projects ranging from period to contemporary films, and from major Hollywood productions to less publicised indie films. She has won awards from the Screen Actors Guild, British Academy of Film and Television Arts, and the Hollywood Foreign Press Association among others, and has been nominated for an Emmy Award for television acting.

Raised in Berkshire, Winslet studied drama from childhood, and began her career in British television in 1991. She made her film debut in Heavenly Creatures (1994), for which she received her first notable critical praise. She achieved recognition for her subsequent work in a supporting role in Sense and Sensibility (1995) and for her leading role in Titanic (1997), the highest grossing film at that time.

Since 2000, Winslet's performances have continued to draw positive comments from film critics, and she has been nominated for various awards for her work in such films as Quills (2000), Iris (2001), Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004), Finding Neverland (2004), Little Children (2006), The Reader (2008) and Revolutionary Road (2008). Her performance in the latter prompted New York magazine to describe her as "the best English-speaking film actress of her generation".[1] The romantic comedy The Holiday and the animated film Flushed Away (both 2006) were among the biggest commercial successes of her career.

Winslet was awarded a Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album for Children in 2000. She has been included as a vocalist on some soundtracks of works she has performed in, and the single "What If" from the soundtrack for Christmas Carol: The Movie (2001), was a hit single in several European countries. Winslet has a daughter with her former husband, Jim Threapleton, and a son with her second husband, Sam Mendes, from whom she is separated. She lives in New York City.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_vId_4r925o?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_vId_4r925o?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Up Next:

"It was so wonderful being on **** because you could be nasty and mean, and in the '50S women could never--unless you were some 'B' picture actress--be mean, bad, and nasty. It was so satisfying; I can't tell you how satisfying it was."

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 11:09:30 AM »
Hope my #1 slips on, or gets another vote to be able to do so (serves me right for not doing a full 25-member list, but I'm not good at picking crushes like this).

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 11:11:36 AM »
I had no idea Sandra Bullock is the same age as me. I could have sworn she was younger.

Also, I can never see Kate Winslet without first thinking of her dressed as a nun and making a fake dirty phone call on Extras.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

MontyServo

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 11:15:09 AM »
Number 52
(24 points, on 1 of 18 lists - Top Vote #2 by House RAD)
Julie Newmar

The Wiki:
Julie Newmar (born Julia Chalene Newmeyer on August 16, 1933) is an American actress, dancer and singer. Her most famous role is that of Catwoman in the Batman television series.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aX3UZ69yILM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/aX3UZ69yILM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Up Next:

"I don’t know what it is. It’s tough for me to try to guess what people want me to do. I can only respond to it in the way I respond to it. And I’m sure there are a lot of things I do where people go, “Well, that’s just ****.” Of course, that’s the first thing people know me from. When you make **** episodes of something, and people watch the whole series and/or rewatch them, they become very familiar. So even when I go meet somebody in the street, or somebody sees me on a talk show, they go, “Oh, that’s ****.” And I’m like, “No, no, no.” There’s a lot of me in the character, sure, because I’m doing it. It’s not like I wear a wig and a clown nose, and I was in disguise. But I do get that. The way I sleep at night is that I convince myself that I have maybe a certain style. [Laughs.] So what people refer to as me just doing the same thing, I kind of refer to as my—I don’t know. Fuck. My brand? However stupid that sounds."

MontyServo

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 11:23:30 AM »
Number 51
(24 points, on 1 of 18 lists - Top Vote #2 by anais.cristal)
Will Arnett

The Wiki:
William Emerson "Will" Arnett (born May 4, 1970) is a Canadian actor and comedian best known for roles as George Oscar "G.O.B." Bluth II on the Fox comedy Arrested Development and as Devon Banks on the NBC comedy 30 Rock. Since his success on Arrested Development, Arnett has landed major film roles. He recently played supporting roles in the comedy films Semi-Pro, Blades of Glory, and Hot Rod. He starred in 2006's Let's Go to Prison and 2007's The Brothers Solomon. Arnett has also done work as a voiceover artist for commercials, films, television programs, and video games.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kQ0_itT-rFI?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kQ0_itT-rFI?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Up Next:
Tomorrow the next 5 entries!  #50-46! (I will edit this post tomorrow with a quote from the next entry.) 

MontyServo

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 11:24:33 AM »
That will do it for today!  I will be back tomorrow with the next batch.

So feel free to discuss what we have seen so far.  I need to take a break.  This is harder than it seems.  :o