login

Author Topic: TV News Thread  (Read 155969 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3892
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: TV News Thread
« Reply #660 on: November 24, 2016, 10:25:23 PM »

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5529

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1519
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #662 on: December 16, 2016, 02:25:40 PM »
TV Land announced that they will not bring back Impastor for a third season.  Bummer. It's a pretty fun show.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3892
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #663 on: January 06, 2017, 01:12:30 AM »
There were rumors floating around this morning that Conan O'Brien's show was going from nightly to weekly. The TBS president gave an interview in response to that rumor in which it was revealed that not only is he staying nightly (for now) but they're exploring Conan Spin-offs, including A CLUELESS GAMER TV SERIES!!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/conan-obrien-remain-nightly-tbs-boss-kevin-reilly-says-961128

It should surprise no one to learn that the Clueless Gamer bits are my current favorite running Conan bits. (A close second are Trump's phone calls to Obama.) Can't wait!

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #664 on: January 06, 2017, 10:14:37 AM »
A clueless gamer series would be a lot of fun.  And if they had a good cast line-up, I wouldn't even mind if Conan wasn't in every one.  You could have a lot of fun with non-gaming (or at least not regularly gaming) comedians join more other more in the know guys to talk about them.  Mostly, I mean I would love to see Paul F. Tompkins do one.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3085
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #665 on: January 10, 2017, 06:21:56 PM »
Sneaky Pete drops on Amazon Prime this week, the trailers look interesting:

<a href="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/LiHCtexwuZg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/LiHCtexwuZg</a>

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5529
« Reply #666 on: January 12, 2017, 10:49:09 AM »
RIP Tony Rosato SNL/SCTV alum and voice of Luigi from the Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World cartoons.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5041
« Reply #667 on: January 20, 2017, 02:40:17 PM »
This is beyond awesome!  :D  I believe on Pratchett's death, Gaiman got VERY protective of the novel, and fought adaptation of the work.  With him writing and functioning as showrunner, it is likely to not suck... possibly even being as funny as the book.

Amazon Greenlights Neil Gaiman Limited Series Adaptation of ‘Good Omens’

A six-part adaptation of Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett’s novel “Good Omens” will debut in 2018, Amazon Studios announced Thursday.

Gaiman adapted all six episodes of the series and will also serve as showrunner.

The show is set in 2018 on the brink of an apocalypse as humanity prepares for a final judgment. But follies ensue — Aziraphale, a somewhat fussy angel, and Crowley, a demon aren’t enthusiastic about the end of the world, and can’t seem to find the Antichrist.

“Almost 30 years ago, Terry Pratchett and I wrote the funniest novel we could about the end of the world, populated with angels and demons…” Gaiman said. “Three decades later, it’s going to make it to the screen. I can’t think of anyone we’d rather make it with than BBC Studios, and I just wish Sir Terry were alive to see it.”

“Good Omens” was Gaiman’s first novel, written in collaboration with Pratchett, who died in 2015. “Good Omens” has long been the subject of possible adaptations, with Terry Gilliam at one point due to direct a feature version. The show is co-produced by BBC Studios with Narrativia, the production company of Pratchett’s daughter Rhianna, and the Blank Corporation and in association with BBC Worldwide for Amazon Prime Video and the BBC.

Exec producers on the series are Gaiman, Caroline Skinner, and Chris Sussman for BBC Studios, and Rob Wilkins and Rod Brown for Narrativia. Following its exclusive launch on Amazon Prime Video, the series will also be broadcast on BBC in the U.K. First-run rights for markets where Prime Video doesn’t operate will be distributed by BBC Worldwide, which will also handle second-run rights internationally.

BBC Studios is the BBC’s main television production arm and is set to launch as a wholly owned subsidiary of the broadcaster this year, with the added ability to produce programs for commercial broadcasters.

“This is a fantastic achievement that comes as we begin to grow our global customer base, and it demonstrates there is considerable appetite for BBC Studios to make programs for other broadcasters once we launch as a commercial player,” said Mark Linsey, Director of BBC Studios. “I’m delighted that this major production is with a writer of Neil Gaiman’s stature and we look forward to developing more exciting, innovative projects like this in future.”
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 357
« Reply #668 on: January 20, 2017, 03:01:52 PM »
Interesting the radio play is on my play list, 1 last discworld novel to go first.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1782
« Reply #669 on: January 20, 2017, 07:44:52 PM »
Read it a long time ago, before any discworld books. I remember enjoying it, but not much about it. Should give it a re read sometime.

Shame the Gilliam version fell through. But I guess with the quality of his recent movies, maybe it's not.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #670 on: January 20, 2017, 08:14:34 PM »
Gilliam's films are too bizarre for this material.  This filmed book needs a 'real-life' basic appearance to off-set the events in order for them to reflect/amplify the comedy that they contain.  Gilliam's approach would basically confuse rather than entertain and amuse.  So I am VERY glad that his proposal fell through.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 357
« Reply #671 on: January 21, 2017, 01:33:24 AM »
I have read it, I've got 2 hardbacks signed by the both of them, but it was a while ago. I much rather enjoy the mini series approach to adapting books these days, movies are usually too short.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #672 on: January 21, 2017, 03:55:02 AM »
I agree completely, films are way too short to adapt a novel, while a mini-series (~8 hours +/-) is just about right.

A bit envious of the double-autographed copies you have, BathTub!  That would be incredible, particularly since this is my 2nd favorite novel.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #673 on: January 25, 2017, 02:17:11 AM »
X-Men TV Series Gets Official Pilot Order From Fox
Fox has officially given a pilot order to the still untitled X-Men universe television project being produced by 20th TV and Marvel Television. Matt Nix will write and executive produce the pilot.

The pilot follows two human parents and their mutant child who are forced to go on the run from the government and end up joining an underground mutant network.

Lauren Shuler Donner, Bryan Singer, Simon Kinberg, Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory will executive produce the pilot.

That Jeph Loeb is involved is a good sign... it suggests Marvel and Fox are at least starting to work together to some degree.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6576
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #674 on: January 25, 2017, 06:39:25 AM »
X-Men TV Series Gets Official Pilot Order From Fox
Fox has officially given a pilot order to the still untitled X-Men universe television project being produced by 20th TV and Marvel Television. Matt Nix will write and executive produce the pilot.

The pilot follows two human parents and their mutant child who are forced to go on the run from the government and end up joining an underground mutant network.

Lauren Shuler Donner, Bryan Singer, Simon Kinberg, Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory will executive produce the pilot.

That Jeph Loeb is involved is a good sign... it suggests Marvel and Fox are at least starting to work together to some degree.
I hope they have Matt Frewer cameo. Just as a cheeky nod to that crappy Generation X movie.