Author Topic: TV News Thread  (Read 156407 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3327
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: TV News Thread
« Reply #600 on: May 12, 2016, 06:47:57 PM »
Boo to the cancellation news:

The second season of Agent Carter was the first MCU production I didn't like (It had a couple of moments, but we found it a real chore to get through), but I was still hopeful season three would be better.

Marvel's Most Wanted was something I was also hopeful for. Hunter was pretty darn annoying, but Mockingbird was fantastic. I think in her own show they could have done something great with her. Maybe Netflix will redevelop it?

And I like The Muppets a lot. Got better as it went too.
FINE

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #601 on: May 12, 2016, 08:01:51 PM »
I mostly liked both seasons of Agent Carter and considering I have once again lost patience with Agents of SHIELD, I'd rather the former would be the one to stick around (yeah, I'm not coming back for the next season).  Not a surprise though, since Atwell is already in another show coming in the fall.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #602 on: May 12, 2016, 08:06:49 PM »
I mostly liked both seasons of Agent Carter and considering I have once again lost patience with Agents of SHIELD, I'd rather the former would be the one to stick around (yeah, I'm not coming back for the next season).  Not a surprise though, since Atwell is already in another show coming in the fall.

:O AoS is so great right now!
FINE

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #603 on: May 12, 2016, 08:14:58 PM »
Politely disagree.  I did really like the paranoia a few episodes back but I was deeply uninterested in the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  Hive also really isn't that interesting to me as a villain.  The show always had enough potential and the occasional good episode to string me along, but I'm just not caring and am more frustrated by its wasted opportunities (and Clark Gregg, who I love, not being utilized correctly).

But here's something I think we can both agree on: the show really needs to bring back Patton Oswalt.  For whatever reason, the quality of the show always went up when he was on.  And it wasn't just because he's great: the writing for his scenes were better and the character was usually used in fun capers (and his first appearance, a good thriller).

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6577
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #604 on: May 12, 2016, 08:20:13 PM »

But here's something I think we can both agree on: the show really needs to bring back Patton Oswalt.  For whatever reason, the quality of the show always went up when he was on.  And it wasn't just because he's great: the writing for his scenes were better and the character was usually used in fun capers (and his first appearance, a good thriller).
Totally agree!

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #605 on: May 12, 2016, 08:23:14 PM »
I also thought the end of the last episode was weak, but everything else I like, and that was a very small segment of the season, which has been mostly great otherwise. I expect to really like the season finale next week.

And I live Hive a lot.

And yeah, it is a real head-scratcher that Oswalt disappeared.
FINE

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6577
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #606 on: May 13, 2016, 09:25:29 AM »
I also thought the end of the last episode was weak, but everything else I like, and that was a very small segment of the season, which has been mostly great otherwise. I expect to really like the season finale next week.

And I live Hive a lot.

I'm sure it has more to do with scheduling than anything else. His career is doing pretty good right now so I bet he's really busy.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7357
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #607 on: May 13, 2016, 09:31:24 AM »

And I live Hive a lot.

I'm sure it has more to do with scheduling than anything else. His career is doing pretty good right now so I bet he's really busy.

he got really into that crossover he was talking about in parks & rec, and refused to do anything that wasn't leading up to it.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #608 on: May 14, 2016, 07:51:52 PM »
Wise choice.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5042
« Reply #609 on: May 17, 2016, 05:46:07 PM »
I'm fairly certain that it's well known that Castle has not been renewed for a 9th season (for anyone else who has continued watching this long).

I have a question for those who have watched, and who have seen the series finalĂ©.  And this indirectly gives away a rather significant plot point, so if you haven't seen it yet and intend to, seriously: don't open this spoiler.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7357
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #610 on: May 17, 2016, 06:13:28 PM »

dunno, but...
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5042
« Reply #611 on: May 17, 2016, 06:56:20 PM »

dunno, but...

To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5538
« Reply #612 on: May 19, 2016, 07:28:02 AM »
New trailer for Lethal Weapon series is up!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cXZdEmvcFdU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cXZdEmvcFdU</a>

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1519
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #613 on: May 26, 2016, 02:41:00 PM »
Limitless was cancelled. 

Sucks. It was a really fun show.

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5538