Author Topic: TV News Thread  (Read 156292 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3897
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: TV News Thread
« Reply #450 on: April 04, 2015, 12:02:38 AM »
A pilot episode is being shot for a potential Muppet Show revival!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/03/new-muppets-variety-show-in-the-works-at-abc

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5537
« Reply #451 on: April 07, 2015, 03:30:02 PM »
RIP Stan Freberg

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #452 on: April 07, 2015, 06:16:46 PM »
RIP Stan Freberg

What!? Pete Puma!? Nooo....

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #453 on: April 14, 2015, 11:45:36 AM »

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6577
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #454 on: April 14, 2015, 12:24:18 PM »

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2054
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #455 on: April 14, 2015, 12:59:56 PM »
Still wont get me to watch fucking MTV.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2054
  • Look at me!!

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #457 on: May 09, 2015, 07:59:11 AM »
Sad but not overly surprised that ABC cancelled Forever... Although if you look at ANY (and I do mean any) article that mentions the show, even in the midst of other show's news, it very clearly had a strong and big fan base.  The petition to keep it got about 22k signatures before they closed it.

Oh well, at least Unforgettable is coming back for an unexpected season 4. Raised from the dead for the second time.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5042
« Reply #458 on: May 09, 2015, 08:34:18 PM »
Sad but not overly surprised that ABC cancelled Forever... Although if you look at ANY (and I do mean any) article that mentions the show, even in the midst of other show's news, it very clearly had a strong and big fan base.  The petition to keep it got about 22k signatures before they closed it.

That's too bad.  I enjoyed it.  At least the major season-length story arcs got some resolution in the final episode so there was some closure to it.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #459 on: May 12, 2015, 07:12:48 PM »

That's too bad.  I enjoyed it.  At least the major season-length story arcs got some resolution in the final episode so there was some closure to it.

Netflix has been bombarded with calls and emails (and has requested more bombardment, oddly enough) and from what I've heard are "considering" picking Forever up. Not sure how strongly they are considering, but it doesn't seem that expensive a show to make compared to many others they have or have strongly considered in the past...
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #460 on: May 12, 2015, 07:45:09 PM »

Netflix has been bombarded with calls and emails (and has requested more bombardment, oddly enough) and from what I've heard are "considering" picking Forever up. Not sure how strongly they are considering, but it doesn't seem that expensive a show to make compared to many others they have or have strongly considered in the past...

That sounds good.  And you're right: compared to some, that would be pretty cheap to produce.  Plus, for some reason, that show seems like a good fit for Netflix... oddly, now that you mention it, it seems a better fit for them than it does for network TV. ;D
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Online ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1649
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #461 on: May 12, 2015, 07:50:16 PM »
Is Forever the one with all the Disney characters?

Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6577
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #462 on: May 12, 2015, 07:53:42 PM »
Is Forever the one with all the Disney characters?
I thought that was ONCE.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #463 on: May 12, 2015, 08:11:44 PM »
Forever has 'Mr Fantastic' [Ioan Grufford] as a coroner who happens to be immortal.

Online ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1649
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #464 on: May 12, 2015, 08:37:16 PM »
So it's CSI Highlander?
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)