Author Topic: TV News Thread  (Read 156597 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6580
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: TV News Thread
« Reply #345 on: August 26, 2014, 07:07:04 PM »
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Kari-Byron-Tory-Belleci-Grant-Imahara-Leave-MythBusters-1085813.aspx
I heard about that a few days ago. I'd like to see them do a spinoff Mythbusters. It's such a big hit for the station. And all their attempts to repeat that failed badly.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2054
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #346 on: August 26, 2014, 07:10:02 PM »
I heard the show has been struggling with ratings for a while, it may be on its way out soon.  I actually liked the show better with just Adam and Jamie, should be interesting to see how it goes.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #347 on: August 26, 2014, 07:12:58 PM »
I heard the show has been struggling with ratings for a while, it may be on its way out soon.  I actually liked the show better with just Adam and Jamie, should be interesting to see how it goes.
It's simpler with just the two of them. Besides, my guess is that their salaries are getting higher each year, and the budget is getting higher because the tests and explosions and stunts keep getting bigger and more elaborate.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 357
« Reply #348 on: August 26, 2014, 08:42:47 PM »
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Kari-Byron-Tory-Belleci-Grant-Imahara-Leave-MythBusters-1085813.aspx
I heard about that a few days ago. I'd like to see them do a spinoff Mythbusters. It's such a big hit for the station. And all their attempts to repeat that failed badly.

I'm pretty sure tha's pretty much what is happening given how they were sort of formally handed off, rather than than just quietly let go. And they've been talking of 'new adventures'.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7358
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #349 on: August 27, 2014, 04:50:17 AM »
i would like the show a whole lot better if it was only half an hour, and they didn't continually repeat explanations and footage. :\
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #350 on: August 27, 2014, 04:53:12 AM »
I think their countdowns are unnecessary also.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #351 on: August 27, 2014, 05:42:26 AM »
i would like the show a whole lot better if it was only half an hour, and they didn't continually repeat explanations and footage. :\
It does annoy me when they show preview footage earlier in the episode that clearly spoils what is going to happen.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2517
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #352 on: August 27, 2014, 06:12:59 AM »
It does annoy me when they show preview footage earlier in the episode that clearly spoils what is going to happen.
That's my main complaint with just about every reality based show on TV right now. By the time I see any big dramatic moment in context it doesn't matter because I've seen the reaction to it or the set up for it six times.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3094
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #353 on: August 27, 2014, 09:43:11 AM »

If they go back to doing only one myth in an hour it will get boring again, like it was before the other 3 were brought in.
If they go back to doing 2 or 3 myths per episode, like when the show first started, or one myth in 30 minutes, then it might work.

I will miss those 3, hope they get to do something together, they have a good dynamic.  They were starting to get some pretty stupid myths to do, but once in a while better ones than Adam and Jamie.  I wonder if that has anything to do with it, with the pool of interesting things to test shrinking those 2 wanting to do all the cool ones?

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3620
  • All joking a salad.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3898
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #355 on: August 30, 2014, 07:54:13 PM »
Amazon to attempt to bring back the live-action Tick, staring Patrick Warburton:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/30/amazon-reviving-the-tick-with-patrick-warburton

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5044
« Reply #356 on: August 30, 2014, 08:21:00 PM »
I'd much rather they brought back the cartoon Tick.  I felt it was more coherent and 'adult in its cleverness' than the live-action one.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #357 on: August 30, 2014, 08:25:00 PM »
I'd much rather they brought back the cartoon Tick.  I felt it was more coherent and 'adult in its cleverness' than the live-action one.

Written by the same guy (creator, Ben Edlund... love every one of his Supernatural episodes! ... and his Firefly episodes of course).... so I have a big feeling it was the network pressure for the live-action that they wanted it more "sitcom"
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #358 on: August 31, 2014, 03:55:57 AM »

Couldnt agree more.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1519
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #359 on: August 31, 2014, 05:02:18 AM »

Written by the same guy (creator, Ben Edlund... love every one of his Supernatural episodes! ... and his Firefly episodes of course).... so I have a big feeling it was the network pressure for the live-action that they wanted it more "sitcom"

And it got cancelled before it could really grow into its giant blue rubber suited self.