login

Author Topic: TV News Thread  (Read 155760 times)

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 633
  • Riff Super Monsters
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
Re: TV News Thread
« Reply #226 on: August 07, 2013, 06:23:29 PM »
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #227 on: August 08, 2013, 06:14:49 AM »
Really, I have an ex who's obsessed with that show, it takes up about 55% or more of her tumblr postings, is it actually like the Nolan movies?

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #228 on: August 08, 2013, 04:46:59 PM »
Really, I have an ex who's obsessed with that show, it takes up about 55% or more of her tumblr postings, is it actually like the Nolan movies?

So so so so very much... The general "direction" (as in "Hi I'm a director and my name is Chris Nolan" not as in like "we're headed in this direction") is different, obviously.... but it's very closely written (and occasionally directed) by his brother Jon (who pretty much wrote all the best Nolan films), and Jim Caveizel is now MY choice for retroactively replacing Christian Bale in the most recent Batman series.  Even the secondary characters and recurring villains remind me of Nolan's Batman and the animated series.  Every time I see Elias, I can only see him as the animated Penguin.

It has a touch (and only really a touch) of Abrams... especially in some of the casting roles, mostly Michael Emerson, the guy who played Goodwin (on Lost), and Alan Dale etc.... but I always said POI was the closest we'd probably get to a Nolan Batman TV show.

I guess I might have spoke too soon, but we'll see.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #229 on: August 08, 2013, 04:56:58 PM »
Here's a couple of not-all-that-spoilery clips. The video quality on the first one is kinda bleh, but it's still awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KrFp07R8No

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbFl5vrxrlU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_mMgSUriHg

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #230 on: August 14, 2013, 09:23:51 AM »
Sandra Oh is leaving Gray's Anatomy in it 10th season.

This is news to me.  Gray's Anatomy is still on?
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5523

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #232 on: September 09, 2013, 06:07:13 PM »
Matthew McConaughey continues his string of good decisions (except the Paperboy, but to be fair, it's certainly an interesting role...) with this great looking series with Woody Harrelson.  The premise doesn't exactly look original, but it looks good: well shot, interesting setting and some good actors.  Apparently, each season of this series will be a completely different story with completely different cast.  Sounds fascinating.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/i8i5CR4kDjM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/i8i5CR4kDjM</a>

Offline modelmeg

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 124
« Reply #233 on: September 11, 2013, 10:45:51 PM »
Walton Goggins is going to be on the next season of Community. SQUEEEEEE!

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #234 on: September 12, 2013, 01:21:41 PM »
Walton Goggins is going to be on the next season of Community. SQUEEEEEE!

So is John Oliver!!!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #235 on: October 04, 2013, 09:15:13 AM »
Has this been posted?

Rainmaker Entertainment Inc. Reboots Mainframe Entertainment As Its New Television Division

SSA Public Relations           News Release

Development Of An All-New ReBoot Animated Series Among The First Projects Under The Classic Corporate Banner

VANCOUVER, BC (September 30, 2013) – A renowned global animation brand is about to be re-booted.  Reflecting the company’s commitment to the production of animated programming for television, Rainmaker Entertainment Inc. has named its television division Mainframe Entertainment.

In conjunction with the re-birth of Mainframe Entertainment, a name celebrated for its pioneering achievements in computer-animated television, the company has unveiled the first two series in development: an all-new version of the popular ReBoot franchise and Tiger’s Apprentice, a CGI animated series based on the trilogy of young adult novels written by award-winning author Laurence Yep.

The reimagining of the venerable ReBoot series comes just in time for its 20th anniversary.  Making its debut on television screens in 1994, ReBoot was centered on the world of Mainframe, where a guardian program sprite and his friends defended the system from superviruses bent on creating havoc and destruction. Mainframe Entertainment will team with leading computer industry manufacturers to update the ReBoot universe and create a ground-breaking viewing experience for fans.

Mainframe has also partnered with Jane Startz, the multi- Emmy, Golden Globe and ACE Award-winning producer of Ella Enchanted, The Indian In The Cupboard, Tuck Everlasting and the acclaimed The Magic School Bus. Tiger’s Apprentice, a coming of age story centered around 12-year-old Tom Lee and the Guardians of the Phoenix.  Set in San Francisco, this modern-day fantasy is filled with classic Chinese lore, magic, comedy and action as Tom and the Guardians fight to protect the human race from ancient evil forces intent on its destruction.  Mainframe has optioned the animation rights to Tiger’s Apprentice as part of its commitment towards bringing popular book-based children’s properties to television.

“We are excited to focus our television production activities under the Mainframe brand with an all-new version of ReBoot as well as engage with celebrated children’s programming producer Jane Startz on Tiger’s Apprentice.  ReBoot is certain to be embraced by a new generation of fans while Tiger’s Apprentice will provide a bold and unique television experience for kids everywhere,” said Michael Hefferon, President and Executive Producer of Mainframe parent Rainmaker Entertainment

Acquired from Starz Media in 2006 by then newly-established Rainmaker Entertainment, Mainframe Entertainment was responsible for an impressive  production slate throughout the 1990’s and early 2000’s, including several seasons of ReBoot, as well as the critically-acclaimed ‘Transformers’ spin-off Beast Wars.   Mainframe credits also include Weird-Oh’s, Spider-Man, Action Man, Heavy Gear, Max Steel, Scary Godmother andBarbie.

About Rainmaker Entertainment

Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Rainmaker Entertainment Inc. is a multifaceted animation studio and one of Canada's largest producers of CG animation. On February 15, 2013, Rainmaker’s first feature film, Escape From Planet Earth (distributed by The Weinstein Company), opened on 3200 screens across North America. Currently the studio is working on its second feature, Ratchet and Clank. Based on the popular Sony PlayStation game, this film is slated for release in 2015. For more information, visit www.rainmaker.com.

- SSA Public Relations
- Steve Syatt
- ssyatt@ssapr.com
- (818) 907-0500

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5523
« Reply #236 on: October 04, 2013, 09:24:00 AM »
Did Reboot ever get closure or did end on a cliffhanger?

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1519
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #237 on: October 04, 2013, 01:36:42 PM »
I forgot that I had heard there was a Ratchet & Clank project in the works!

Oh, and Lucky 7 has been cancelled by ABC.  Guess I don't need to watch the 2 episodes on the ol' DVR.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #238 on: October 04, 2013, 05:44:41 PM »
Mainframe Entertainment really lost it's way after a while.  They did solid work on Reboot, but then they did a lot of weak projects.  It will be interesting to see how they fair when there are so many other CGI TV series out there.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #239 on: October 05, 2013, 09:02:24 PM »

It's awesome to see who's becoming a major player in the upcoming season of Justified:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*double-fist pumps*

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein