Author Topic: TV News Thread  (Read 155941 times)

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
Re: TV News Thread
« Reply #195 on: May 22, 2013, 02:07:55 AM »
So....24 gets another season after all these years but Law and Order (the original) couldn't get a proper send-off episode.

-frowns-

Oh, well. If it makes you feel any better, Linus Roache's character did a few episodes of SVU (where it was also revealed that, at some point, Jack McCoy was voted out of office). I'm sure they were pissed that they sent Alana de La Garza's character out to L & O: L.A., only to have it sink like a stone.

Which reminds me, for no reason in particular: Is Chicago Fire as dreadful as it looks?
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #196 on: May 23, 2013, 08:29:30 PM »

Simpsons Park is coming to Orlando Florida!  Finally a reason someone might want to go to Florida.

From AV Club
Two and a half decades of speculating about the geographic location of the Simpsons’ hometown will come to rest sometime this summer, when Universal Orlando definitively proves that Springfield can in fact be found within an amusement park in Central Florida. Or parts of Springfield, at least: New York Daily News reports that re-creations of Krusty Burger, Moe’s Tavern, Lard Lad Donuts, and other Springfield monuments will soon join the previously opened Simpsons Ride in an area of the park devoted to Fox’s long-running animated series. No word on whether or not Universal plans to one-up Walt Disney World’s Sword And The Stone attraction by giving young wannabe hellions the chance to behead the statue of Jebediah Springfield—maybe the prize for doing so could be one of those hard-to-find “BORT” license plates.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #197 on: June 06, 2013, 08:15:31 PM »
Looks like the "park" is really more of a glorified food court.  But not just glorified in words but in presentation!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CM8Dj-kQhEA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/CM8Dj-kQhEA</a>

From AV Club
Universal Studios Orlando has finally opened the Simpsons Fast Food Boulevard, where it is absolutely possible to wash down your Heat Lamp Dog with a Duff Beer. Eateries include Cletus' Chicken Shack, whose indulgently greasy menu includes Chicken Arms, Chicken Thumbs, and a Thrilled To Be Grilled Chicken Sandwich; Krusty Burger (duh), serving up the finest Clogger Burgers and Heat Lamp Dogs; The Frying Dutchman, where you can get your Clam Chowd-arr fix; Lisa's Teahouse of Horror; and Luigi's Pizza, whose Meat-Liker's pizza promises to leave you somewhat satisfied. Patrons can enjoy these delicacies at bright red booths next to elaborate murals of Springfield.

It's now also totally possible to experience a Flaming Moe (though sans-cough syrup and fire…and alcohol) while sitting next to an eerily oversized plastic Barney Gumble, who has taken up permanent residence at the bar in Moe's Tavern. Other libations include Duff Beer, Groovy Grove Juice, Mr. Teeny, and a Mt. Swartzwelder Apple Drink.

My one issue is that the Android's Dungeon is just a false front for the restrooms.  That's funny in it's own way, but I think that should have been the gift shop where you could buy Bort License Plates, Disgruntled Goat and a Mary Worth phone.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3892
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #198 on: June 06, 2013, 11:04:37 PM »
They could have at least used it to peddle Bongo Comic back-issues...

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
« Reply #199 on: June 07, 2013, 04:36:35 AM »
I want to go to there.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1519
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #200 on: June 08, 2013, 05:26:58 AM »
Marvel & Phineas and Ferb crossover coming!

http://youtu.be/VOsQh2zxEko

Offline NashaWriter

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 276
  • Watch what you say MONKEY BOY!
« Reply #201 on: June 08, 2013, 07:30:54 AM »
Marvel & Phineas and Ferb crossover coming!

http://youtu.be/VOsQh2zxEko

Ohmygod Ohmygod Ohmygod! -squeals-
No Matter Where you go, there you are.

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5529
« Reply #202 on: June 19, 2013, 04:58:45 PM »

Offline Gandalf Lundgren

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 159
  • "You shall not pass, I must break you!"
« Reply #203 on: June 19, 2013, 06:58:35 PM »

Offline Gandalf Lundgren

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 159
  • "You shall not pass, I must break you!"
« Reply #204 on: June 19, 2013, 07:04:22 PM »
Simpsons Park is coming to Orlando Florida!  Finally a reason someone might want to go to Florida.

Eh,  Aerosmith Rock 'n' Roller Coaster! Hell yes!!  ;D

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #205 on: June 24, 2013, 08:50:31 PM »
Paul Giamatti on Downton Abby?

Awesome!
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5041
« Reply #206 on: June 25, 2013, 11:30:27 AM »
Tonight: 'Perception' starts season 2.  10pm on TNT.

My description from a couple pages ago:
This may not be the place for this, but since I doubt there's enough people to start a thread specifically for this show, I'll add it here since I mentioned it above:  [spoiled because I just discuss the show above that doesn't have its own thread]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Description from TV Guide.com which makes it sound rather dull:
A crime drama about an offbeat neuroscience professor who works with the FBI to crack cases.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #207 on: June 25, 2013, 11:50:00 AM »
Ha-ha, that is a classic "no brain for our idiots" explanation they gave.

They just should have written "Nut beats nuts"

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1519
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #208 on: June 30, 2013, 03:40:55 PM »
Listings & brief descriptions of a bunch of new series this fall.  I skipped over a bunch that sounded horrid, were game shows, home improvement reality shows, etc.  Some of these sound really bad, but there are some that sound decent.  I left a majority in there in case people might like them.

Spoilered for length:

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #209 on: June 30, 2013, 04:08:59 PM »
I plan on watching Almost Human... A new show brought to you by the main writer of Fringe? Yes please.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.