login

Author Topic: TV News Thread  (Read 156395 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: TV News Thread
« Reply #180 on: March 16, 2013, 07:31:49 PM »
I like Perception too

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5042
« Reply #181 on: March 16, 2013, 09:28:14 PM »
I like Perception too

I'm glad... I was beginning to think I was the only one. :)

spoilered for plot points of the first season [and because this thread is "News" not "discussion"]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #182 on: March 17, 2013, 05:25:20 AM »
I think that kind of show is very hard to do as people will look into the "can this happen" kind of world.   I am hoping it grows and not turns into a Law & Order kind of show.

Now this could be a news story on these kind of shows (there, tied this to the forum topic!)

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #183 on: March 17, 2013, 04:57:28 PM »
Nerd Alert!!  Sulu and Luke Skywalker  are both gonna be on my fave comedy, The Neighbors
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #184 on: May 01, 2013, 06:19:15 PM »
John Oliver takes over for John Stewart this Summer starting June 10th.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7357
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #185 on: May 01, 2013, 06:20:40 PM »
did stewart overlap kilborne?
dF = 0
d*F = J

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #186 on: May 02, 2013, 02:50:57 AM »
Stewart is taking a sabbatical this summer to direct his first feature film called Rosewater.  I don't know how student will do as a director, but the story sounds interesting.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #187 on: May 06, 2013, 05:06:50 PM »
COPS is cancelled by Fox.  Now I don't like COPS but that is kind of a big deal, since it's been around forever and is the longest running North American reality show.  It's not dead though, cause it just got picked up by SPIKE.  Which feels like something that should have happened years ago.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/fox-cancels-cops-sending-it-to-walk-the-basiccable,97352/

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2013, 08:18:24 AM »
News from Adult Swim

http://www.avclub.com/articles/adult-swim-also-had-upfronts-where-it-announced-a,97617/

From the AV Club
Adult Swim had its own upfront presentation today, where it announced several new original series and pilot orders—all of which were immediately overshadowed by the reveal that one of them is a cartoon in which Mike Tyson solves mysteries with a talking pigeon. Fittingly titled Mike Tyson Mysteries, the show will find the former heavyweight champ, armed with a “magical face tattoo,” teaming with one of his beloved bird pals to solve various Mike Tyson mysteries—the kind that involve besting supercomputers at chess and helping werewolves finish their novels. Not the far weirder kind, like why a convicted rapist now has a cartoon show with a talking pigeon.

Other, equally odd things are in store from Tim & Eric’s Bedtime Stories: Zach’s Haunted House, a Halloween special in which Tim Heidecker, Eric Wareheim, and Zach Galifianakis inherit $1,000 each from their late grandfather, with the catch being that they have to live forever in his haunted mansion. (Haunted by hilarity.) Also confirmed to air soon is Dan Harmon’s previously announced Rick And Morty; the “satanic dog” cartoon Mr. Pickles; the specials Metalocalypse: The Doom Star Requiem and Robot Chicken: DC Comics II; the faux-entertainment news show Hot Package; and King Star King, about a “punk rock modern day He-Man” who’s condemned to slave away on Earth as a fry cook.

On the pilot development side, there’s the previously reported ‘80s detective show spoof Hole To Hole; the ‘80s Saturday morning cartoon spoof Team Unicorn; the Paul Scheer and Jonathan Stern co-created Gossip Girl spoof Filthy Sexy Teen$; an animated show about dead frat boys aptly titled Ghostbags; two live-action shows from The Boondocks’ Aaron McGruder; Übermansion, a show about superhero roommates from the Robot Chicken guys; and an as-yet-untitled live-action series from Space Ghost’s Matt Harrigan, about the insane captain of a cruise ship. As none of these feature Mike Tyson solving mysteries with a talking pigeon, your interest may vary.

The Mike Tyson thing most of the new stuff could easily fantastic or awful.  Though they all smell of high concept, it could go either way with the right approach.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #189 on: May 14, 2013, 06:20:23 PM »
Ad for Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Didn't laugh for any of it, but I smiled the whole way through.  I think this could be a really fun Sledge Hammer-type show.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/D1UzmW77F30" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/D1UzmW77F30</a>

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #190 on: May 14, 2013, 06:26:25 PM »
Almost Human

The story is pretty cliched, but that's pretty easy to overlook if it's good.  And I think this looks to be a lot of fun.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WCdHiZsSPjg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WCdHiZsSPjg</a>

Offline NashaWriter

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 276
  • Watch what you say MONKEY BOY!
« Reply #191 on: May 14, 2013, 07:02:15 PM »
So....24 gets another season after all these years but Law and Order (the original) couldn't get a proper send-off episode.

-frowns-
No Matter Where you go, there you are.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5042
« Reply #192 on: May 14, 2013, 08:37:18 PM »
Almost Human

The story is pretty cliched, but that's pretty easy to overlook if it's good.  And I think this looks to be a lot of fun.

Will Smith's 'I, Robot', mixed with 'The Odd Couple' and 'Enemy Mine'... (and starring 'that guy from the new Star Trek movies and 'The Chronicles of Riddick')?  If it wasn't JJ Abrams I likely wouldn't give it much hope of lasting a full season, particularly being S-F on a mainstream broadcast station.  But, since Abrams has done more with less, like you,I'll certainly be giving it a try.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #193 on: May 19, 2013, 07:36:44 PM »
Jonathan Rhys Myers as Dracula?

OK, you have my attention.  Go on...
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline NashaWriter

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 276
  • Watch what you say MONKEY BOY!
« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2013, 08:01:11 PM »
Jonathan Rhys Myers as Dracula?

OK, you have my attention.  Go on...

This is the one episode of "Di Vinci's Demons" I watched and I have to say....he played an interesting version of Vlad. It was like there was this thin line between scenery chewing and awesomeness which he toed nicely. Very cool and funny.
No Matter Where you go, there you are.