login

Author Topic: TV News Thread  (Read 155740 times)

Johnny Unusual

Re: TV News Thread
« Reply #150 on: December 05, 2012, 08:40:00 PM »
Vince Vaughn.  Glenn Beck.  Huh?

From Onion AV Club
Having found each other through the echolocation of their own loud, persistent chatter, Glenn Beck and Vince Vaughn have teamed for a nine-episode reality series dubbed Pursuit Of The Truth—as when it comes to getting to the truth of things, nothing beats Glenn Beck, the fast-talking guy from Wedding Crashers, and reality television. Beck made the announcement today on his radio show, acknowledging the unlikelihood of his getting together with Vaughn: "That should make everybody’s head spin. What the hell is Vince Vaughn doing with a crazy man? I know, that’s what my friends say. 'Glenn, what are you doing with the crazy man Vince Vaughn?" Beck said of his gently chiding best pal, a drawing of Thomas Paine giving him the thumbs-up that's been stuffed inside the seat of a pair of 1791 Jeans.

Despite that ol' son of a gun Tommy Jeans' good-natured ribbings, Beck and Vaughn are already taking applications from amateur filmmakers who wish to compete for financing and distribution for their documentary, with their bid to have their life's work receive the seal of credibility from Glenn Beck and Vince Vaughn forming the basis of the series on Beck's Dish Network-based channel, TheBlazeTV. And while it still seems like a strange pairing, consider that Vince Vaughn once starred in Swingers, in which he asserted that things were "money"—an explicit endorsement of the capitalism Beck fights for every single day. Consider also that George Soros was not in Swingers. It all makes sense if you just look at the chalkboard.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2054
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2012, 08:49:43 PM »
Yeah, Glenn Beck is the first person I think of when I want to know what the hell is really going on.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #152 on: December 14, 2012, 08:24:07 PM »
This actually looked kind of interesting.  Then the cast and crew started talking in cliches.  Then it seemed much less promising.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/bates-motel,89925/
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:25:48 PM by Johnny Unusual »

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1519
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #153 on: December 15, 2012, 07:23:19 AM »
A few TV show notes (apologies if these have been mentioned elsewhere & I missed it):

Bob's Burgers picked up for a 4th season.
Dirty Jobs cancelled after 8 seasons.
Last Resort cancelled but will air all 13 episodes of the first season.
Burn Notice renewed.
Mob Doctor will not return for season 2.
Merlin has been cancelled after 5 seasons.
666 Park Ave will not return next season.
Partners has been cancelled.
Haven has been renewed.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #154 on: December 15, 2012, 10:30:45 AM »
I had hope for Last Resort and 666, but I gave up on them in November.   Looks like everyone else did too.

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #155 on: December 19, 2012, 03:37:21 PM »
I read where ABC's The Neighbors has been renewed.  I hope so, I love that show.  Didn't expect to.  It's quite original.

Glad to hear about Burn Notice there.

Two Broke Girls has totally lost me, used to love that show.  What happened?
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #156 on: December 20, 2012, 05:42:36 AM »
Two Broke Girls has totally lost me, used to love that show.  What happened?
You realized that, despite being ascetically pleasing, it's just a kinda naff bog-standard sitcom?

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #157 on: January 04, 2013, 06:15:58 AM »
Oh man, Dirty Jobs is being canceled? I haven't seen that show in a while but I do love that hot piece of meat, Mike Rowe. To be honest, I'm surprised they weren't canceled before, because the end of every show would have a clip of Mike pleading with the audience because it seemed there just weren't enough dirty jobs out there. I used to watch it pretty faithfully until they went to a factory dairy farm and the way the farmers treated the cows just completely turned my stomach. There was another show where they castrated some animals and even though I didn't see it that kind of put me off as well.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3082
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #158 on: January 04, 2013, 08:17:08 AM »
Yeah, Dirty Jobs was great the first several seasons, but then it did seem like they were reaching a bit.  I remember seeing one with working at a bowling alley that was a pain in the ass job but not "dirty".

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #159 on: January 23, 2013, 04:50:02 PM »
I'm not even sure where to put this, but for the curious out there, that swear-heavy episode of Dexter's Lab has been officially released onto YouTube:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TLN_ka1ZSDg?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TLN_ka1ZSDg?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3</a>

It's censored, of course (though someone did a bang-up sound editing job to make an uncut version), since this was actually intended to air on Cartoon Network at one point. Still an amusing episode, and, at the very least, gave me a pretty hardcore nostalgia rush once that theme music started with the opening cinematic.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 633
  • Riff Super Monsters
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #161 on: January 30, 2013, 02:59:19 PM »
>facepalm<

Sounds like Cartoon Network has caught whatever cranial parasite sucked the brains from DC editorial.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3886
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #162 on: January 30, 2013, 03:36:47 PM »
Hmm. I'd be more excited about Powerpuff Girls if there was a McCracken or Gendy involved. More excited about Batman if there were a Dini or a Timm. Teen Titans coming back could be awesome. I honestly never caught Young Justice or Green Lantern, so I don't know what I'm missing there, but I've heard gobs and gobs of praise for Young Justice.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #163 on: January 31, 2013, 04:48:57 PM »
Yeah, it might be good, but it probably won't be the same.  Shame about Cartoon Network cancelling those shows.  Perhaps with the fact that each season seems to get only 3 seasons (though I think YJ and Green Lantern only made it to two), maybe they should be promising those shows a finite number of potential seasons (like 3) so that the creators will be ready way ahead of time to bring it to a close.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 633
  • Riff Super Monsters
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/