login

Author Topic: Are there any MMA fans on this board who are going to see UFC 65 tonight?  (Read 6158 times)

Offline Dr.Impossible

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
I'm headed to a local mammary-themed sportsbar with some of my buddies for beer and UFC tonight. I suggest any MMA fans out there do the same, it should be a good one. I think if any of you are Canadian you're required by law to go cheer for Georges St. Pierre.

Anybody?
You can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

MontyServo

Re: Are there any MMA fans on this board who are going to see UFC 65 tonight?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 12:44:15 PM »
I'm getting it.  Should be a good one.  Although I am more looking forward to Ortiz/Liddell next month, and the eventual title fights for the Season One Ultimate Fighters.  Diego Sanchez has got to be in line for a shot at the winner of Hughes/St. Pierre, with Forest Griffin the same for the winner of Ortiz/Liddell.

Offline Dr.Impossible

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 07:49:31 PM »
I'm getting it.  Should be a good one.  Although I am more looking forward to Ortiz/Liddell next month, and the eventual title fights for the Season One Ultimate Fighters.  Diego Sanchez has got to be in line for a shot at the winner of Hughes/St. Pierre, with Forest Griffin the same for the winner of Ortiz/Liddell.
I could see Forrest Griffin possibly fighting Rashad Evans for the #1 contender spot soon.

Ditto Diego Sanchez VS BJ Penn, methinks.

What did you think of the event? I sure as hell didn't see the main event ending that way.

Offline Famous Mortimer

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 03:15:02 AM »
GSP is a monster :)

Anyone else fans of Pride?

Offline Dr.Impossible

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 05:43:59 AM »
GSP is a monster :)

Anyone else fans of Pride?

I like Pride, though I don't get to see as much of it as my friends aren't as into it.