Author Topic: Death Race 2000  (Read 1382 times)

Offline Slug-A-Tron

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Death Race 2000
« on: June 05, 2011, 12:16:53 PM »
For those of you who don't know death race 2000 is a mid 70's cult classic about a cross-country car race in the future where pedestrians are run down for points. Enigmatically featuring everyones favorite Silvester Stallone, this movie is a cheesy classic just itching to be riffed.

Doctor Who?

Re: Death Race 2000
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 03:51:40 PM »
Yes this one needs to be riffed.

Russell

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 11:25:34 PM »
I just watched part of this the other night. God help me I actually kind of liked it. It's probably
the only movie(Aside from Rocky 3) where Stallone gets his ass handed to him. I like how
the gore in a couple scenes is WAY over the top and unnecessary and yet the shots of it
last for very short periods of time. Believe me, I'm not into gore, and I know how Roger Corman
was into providing copious amounts of sex and gore in his films so I find it bizarre.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5911
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 05:16:48 PM »
I just watched part of this the other night. God help me I actually kind of liked it. It's probably
the only movie(Aside from Rocky 3) where Stallone gets his ass handed to him. I like how
the gore in a couple scenes is WAY over the top and unnecessary and yet the shots of it
last for very short periods of time. Believe me, I'm not into gore, and I know how Roger Corman
was into providing copious amounts of sex and gore in his films so I find it bizarre.

Well, I think it also helps that it's a movie that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Watchman

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 07:24:57 PM »
Well, I think it also helps that it's a movie that doesn't take itself too seriously.

The film's an outright black comedy/farce. It's hilarious, and intentionally so. You riff this, you might as well riff Naked Gun.