Author Topic: Subtitles and current chapter  (Read 1549 times)

Offline thatolkevin

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Subtitles and current chapter
« on: May 25, 2011, 05:29:07 AM »
First, THANK YOU for finally getting the player done.  I've been impatiently waiting.  If I can get the issues below resolved, I'll cheerfully return to buying Rifftrax.

1)  I've modified every preference I can find to allow for English subtitles/CC, but as soon as a movie starts playing, the words "Subtitles disabled" appear and I get nothing.  I like to keep the movie sound down somewhat and have the words appear while listening to the riffs.

2)  For the perpetually busy me, the whole point of having a player is so that I can watch a little of a movie at a time, and pick up where I left off the next time.  I'd like to be able to see what "chapter" I'm in while watching so I know when I'm at a good stopping point.  Only the elapsed and remaining times appear in the OSD, and those figures are of no help when resuming the next time.  Even when I hit "browse/chapter," chapter one is highlighted, and not the chapter I'm on, so I can't even see where I am that way.  How 'bout an on-screen chapter indicator?

Thanks again.

Offline thatolkevin

• Disembaudio's Squadio
Re: Subtitles and current chapter
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 06:17:50 AM »
Well.

Great idea having, you know, this forum here.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3082
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 03:26:47 PM »
For the DVD subtitles to show up you have to go to the main subtitle menu and make sure subtitle visibility is checked
(or use the v key, it toggles subtitle visibility on and off)
Sometimes you have to go pick the subtitle track again using the subtitle button before the v key works, but most of the time the v key is all you need to use, seems to work best if you use it after the riffs start.

Yea, there is no on screen chapter indicator I can find, if you have the OSD display for elapsed time you can quickly get back to that using the time skip keys, page up/down is up down 10 minutes, up/down arrows are 1 minute, right/left arrows are 10 seconds.

Offline thatolkevin

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 05:43:34 AM »
 ;D

Thanks for the information.  I have been able to successfully get through two movies on my computer, twenty minutes per day while having lunch, and easily find where I left off previously.  That's what I've been waiting for for a long time.  Time to start buying new Rifftrax again.

I did notice there's no link to the player beta on the main page.  Not even a mention.  I hope this doesn't mean the player will disappear soon, or that new sync files will not be added.  What's the reason for hiding the player from view?

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 249
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 10:07:40 AM »
Since the player is still in a testing phase, I don't want to link to it quite yet, but there will be a prominent place for it in the near future.

Glad to hear you're having a positive experience with it!