Author Topic: Player can't find sync file for "Order of the Phoenix"  (Read 2577 times)

Offline redmans

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 1
Player can't find sync file for "Order of the Phoenix"
« on: May 22, 2011, 07:03:09 AM »
For some reason, when I try to play "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" through the RiffPlayer I keep getting the error "Error: No corresponding sync file found! Please put the proper sync file in the same directory as the mp3 file!" The problem is that the sync file IS in the same directory as the mp3 file. I've done a few of these, but this one's the only one that's been giving me problems. Any ideas as to why?

Thanks!
Tony

Offline ReiCow

• Riffplayer Developer
  • Schnappi Supporter
Re: Player can't find sync file for "Order of the Phoenix"
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 09:07:13 AM »
The mp3 name and the riff name have to identical.. for example:

EmpireStrikesBack_RiffTrax.sync

EmpireStrikesBack_RiffTrax.mp3

Cheers,
RC

Offline redmans

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 10:40:45 AM »
Reicow  wrote:

>The mp3 name and the riff name have to identical.. for example:

>EmpireStrikesBack_RiffTrax.sync
>
>EmpireStrikesBack_RiffTrax.mp3

That's exactly what the problem was! The mp3 is called

HarryPotter_OrderofPhoenix_Rifftrax.mp3

and the sync file is called

HarryPotterOrderofPhoenix_Rifftrax.sync

I'm sure if I correct that, it should work fine. I'm not sure who puts together the download files, but they probably need to be made aware of this so they can fix it.

Thanks!
Tony

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 249
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 02:30:33 PM »
It looks like the naming issue was fixed on the server, just FYI.

Offline DocBadwrench

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Player can't find sync file for "Order of the Phoenix" (still unresolved)
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 05:10:00 PM »
Hi all,

I just want to let the various poobahs, both grand and otherwise, that this problem should not be considered solved.

The beta-player refuses to even see the sync-file. For example:

Then I thought, hey, it's on the desktop. Maybe I can just put the whole filename (HarryPotterOrderofPhoenix_Rifftrax.sync) into the Open dialog and it'll work. Wrong. I got this:

Anyway, then I thought maybe my player needs to be updated. Remembering that this new beta player has a built in update feature. I selected that. Then I waited. Then I saw this:

Anyhow. Now I'm going to attempt to do it manually, but I'm so bad at that. I just wanted to keep hope alive for those of us who want to see the words of the Harry Potter flicks.

Offline ReiCow

• Riffplayer Developer
  • Schnappi Supporter
Doc... you are using the wrong player.. that is the ancient player that was phased out years ago. Please go to http://www.rifftrax.com/riffplayer to download the present player.

Cheers,
RC

Hi all,

I just want to let the various poobahs, both grand and otherwise, that this problem should not be considered solved.

The beta-player refuses to even see the sync-file. For example:

Then I thought, hey, it's on the desktop. Maybe I can just put the whole filename (HarryPotterOrderofPhoenix_Rifftrax.sync) into the Open dialog and it'll work. Wrong. I got this:

Anyway, then I thought maybe my player needs to be updated. Remembering that this new beta player has a built in update feature. I selected that. Then I waited. Then I saw this:

Anyhow. Now I'm going to attempt to do it manually, but I'm so bad at that. I just wanted to keep hope alive for those of us who want to see the words of the Harry Potter flicks.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 249
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 11:43:54 AM »
Ah, you're using the old player. Get the new player here: http://rifftrax.com/player

I'm adding a link to the main page that will hopefully allow people to find the new, correct player more easily.

Offline DocBadwrench

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 10:40:52 AM »
I have no idea how I did that. Somehow I opened the wrong thingie. Thanks for the help. :)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 10:43:54 AM by DocBadwrench »

Offline beavobeave

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 08:33:56 PM »
Ok, well I seem to be having the "Error: No corresponding sync file found."  I have the most recent play, the mp3 and the sync are in the same directory, and they are named identically.  Any suggestions.

---Solved it
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 10:25:27 PM by beavobeave »